• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Mid corner stability. It seems like under throttle or braking, as soon as the rear end starts to slide and gain even the slightest bit of rotational momentum its impossible to save.
I have the same with the A110, but only on tarmac.
Not much you can do there with tuning, when the car is already sliding, maybe make the diff less locking.
You're not playing with a wheel, right?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all,

DiRT Rally 2.0 v1.4 releases at 11am (BST) today, and with that, RaceNet will go down for maintenance, so please make sure you're not playing the game when 11am comes around, as it could compromise event times etc. being uploaded to the server. We're expecting RaceNet to be up and running by 12pm BST. Here is what the update will bring:

- Online Custom events can now be set up as human only

- Plain black and white liveries added for most vehicles

- UI indication added for when ghost cars are stopped due to time penalty

- Leaderboards will now support going to the top from all positions

- AI will no longer select unreleased vehicles

- Speedcar Xtrem wheels will not disappear

- Improvement to Silverstone joker lap detection

- Costa Rican added as a nationality

- Tyre warnings are improved when in the service area

- Reset line improvements on Mettet

- Delta Daily will now award correct credits

- Improvements to Opel Manta 400 engine audio

- Turning off Personal Best ghosts will keep them off for the remainder of the session

- Visual improvements to some vehicles

- Proximity warnings will not be shown on retired vehicles

- Resuming championships will not damage previously undamaged components

- Stability improvements throughout title

Please note that a further update will follow in the next week, which will focus solely upon FFB – so if you're wondering where that is, it's just around the next corner!

As always, if you're playing the game and notice something that might've slipped through the cracks, please post in this thread so we can take a look.

Cheers,
Christina

damn, was hoping for the audio bug to be fixed (third times the charm!)

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Germany coming up next week!

Just came across this thread on Steam that seems to suggest CM has previously confirmed Season 2 would be all rally cross-focused - anybody have confirmation on that? Can't seem to find any. I actually enjoy the moment to moment racing in rally cross, I just wish CM would allow us to edit the structure so that you could drop the number of rounds.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Germany coming up next week!

Just came across this thread on Steam that seems to suggest CM has previously confirmed Season 2 would be all rally cross-focused - anybody have confirmation on that? Can't seem to find any. I actually enjoy the moment to moment racing in rally cross, I just wish CM would allow us to edit the structure so that you could drop the number of rounds.
ive seen nothing confirming that but think its likely.

Season 2 contents

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
yes, there is a focus on rx in s2. see below, but there is also wales and lancia037.

dont care about group b rx, but nice rx is expanded.

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/05/dr2-0-season2-reveal/

DIRT_RALLY_2.0-CONTENT_SEASON2-PEGI.jpg

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
am i the only one that read through the blog post hoping against all odds that the last line would mention or at least tease season 3?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
DizzyConfusedDragon-size_restricted.gif

ViciousTemptingLeonberger-size_restricted.gif

germany is FANTASTIC fun - just set your callouts a bit earlier, it can be tough to slow from top speed to 90 degree corners without much notice!

ca28ab15-e572-4b65-b6db-9074002a271b.PNG

305e5000-170b-4d90-86c2-2bbb2a12986c.PNG

83508a81-fcc5-418c-95d6-e0ea3c432b41.PNG

ebff0d85-0346-452d-b033-1274053f2d7f.PNG

84f26028-a2d8-4688-810a-a36941b82fcc.PNG

f3e0d9d7-547f-4e23-9547-4f6413aebc7c.PNG

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Outstanding - I feel like the games lighting engine will really shine here.

Can't wait to fire up another career rally. Hoping for Sweden, Germany and Monte Carlo to all included :b

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Outstanding - I feel like the games lighting engine will really shine here.

Can't wait to fire up another career rally. Hoping for Sweden, Germany and Monte Carlo to all included :b

its really a shame that aside from the 1 off "bonus" daily events we arent seeing these in the weekly/monthlies. i'm not really playing the career anymore, most of my time is doing these now.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
its really a shame that aside from the 1 off "bonus" daily events we arent seeing these in the weekly/monthlies. i'm not really playing the career anymore, most of my time is doing these now.

My brain is so broken - I seem to only feel "rewarded" by the career mode, despite it being so abusive to me

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah with all dlc :)

I Love Dirt Rally, but i dont know of its worth 40$ for 2.0....

i cant imagine it wouldnt be if you enjoyed the first. theres quite a bit of content now with season 1 complete, and the handling is IMO much refined and feels incredibly natural and predictable. i love racing games but usually after the initial rush i only revisit them from time to time in longer sessions. i've been firing up 2.0 since launch almost daily (i'm engrossed with the dailies, weeklies, and monthlies - forcing me to play a variety of cars and modes i'd otherwise not)

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah with all dlc :)

I Love Dirt Rally, but i dont know of its worth 40$ for 2.0....

I mean, this is a thread that is going to be filled with evangelicals at this point - but it is unequivocally worth it. Tons of content, gorgeous game and a incredible handling model. Eurogamer gave the base game "essential" designation FWIW

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
If you're gonna get the game, get the deluxe edition. The amount of DLC in both seasons equals basically a whole other game. Might as well. And chances are, if you like rally games, you won't regret it.

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, its the deluxe i am gonna get, i dont like sim racers, i like more arcadish games, but then i tried Dirt Rally once, and that is One of the best racinggames i ever played.

Today is a day of here in Sweden, what a great day to put the game in My libary :)

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Fired up some DiRT 3 on my PC today - still a really great game, man. I hope CM doesn't entirely abandon that model for the DR model. The career mode in particular is just soooooo much better. Even with silly shit like gymkana in there, the sense of progression and difficulty curve - which is lo and behold, adjustable! - is miles beyond DR and DR2. The more arcadey handling is unique and fun too... DiRT 4 attempted to scratch this itch but it wasn't the same.

I'd love alternating years of DiRT 1/2/3 style games and DR1 and 2.0 style games.

EDIT: What the fuuuuuuck, it's pulled from Steam. Man, these digital stores :|

Last edited:

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fired up some DiRT 3 on my PC today - still a really great game, man. I hope CM doesn't entirely abandon that model for the DR model. The career mode in particular is just soooooo much better. Even with silly shit like gymkana in there, the sense of progression and difficulty curve - which is lo and behold, adjustable! - is miles beyond DR and DR2. The more arcadey handling is unique and fun too... DR4 attempted to scratch this itch but it wasn't the same.

I'd love alternating years of DiRT 1/2/3 style games and DR1 and 2.0 style games.

Have you tried DiRT 4?

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Fired up some DiRT 3 on my PC today - still a really great game, man. I hope CM doesn't entirely abandon that model for the DR model. The career mode in particular is just soooooo much better. Even with silly shit like gymkana in there, the sense of progression and difficulty curve - which is lo and behold, adjustable! - is miles beyond DR and DR2. The more arcadey handling is unique and fun too... DiRT 4 attempted to scratch this itch but it wasn't the same.

Loved dirt 3. I kinda liked the ability to pass up other cars on the course.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
anyone organising an xbox club/league?

would participate if interesting car class.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd also totally be up for joining a club/league, even if I feel like I'm awful at the game. I'm on PC, but if I'm reading their announcement right you can make them multiplatform.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I'd also totally be up for joining a club/league, even if I feel like I'm awful at the game. I'm on PC, but if I'm reading their announcement right you can make them multiplatform.

It seems like it should be platform agnostic. I'll try to get something up tomorrow.

Do you have a preference on car class? I'm down with all 3 mentioned so far

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like it should be platform agnostic. I'll try to get something up tomorrow.

Do you have a preference on car class? I'm down with all 3 mentioned so far
All of those three sound fine to me too. I don't really have a preference between them so I'd be fine with anything.