• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
AI balance if so off in this game lol

Started a championship with the 205 gti and i´m basically god when for example with an R5 car and mid tier at best. In the same tier (clubman i think).

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
AI balance if so off in this game lol

Started a championship with the 205 gti and i´m basically god when for example with an R5 car and mid tier at best. In the same tier (clubman i think).
this has always been my frustration with the championship, which unfortunately is what I enjoy most about these games. Just seems random

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
this has always been my frustration with the championship, which unfortunately is what I enjoy most about these games. Just seems random

I´m really enjoying the game right now but yeah this AI does not work at all.

Gonna finish this one and then will try again with group A or R5 again and see how it goes.

I wish I could just buy some credits. It's so hard to make money in this game.

Daily/weekly/monthly challenges give good rewards, get on that.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could just buy some credits. It's so hard to make money in this game.
i wish i could gift you some. i own every car, i've upgraded and maxxed out many of them (the ones i drive), and have a fully upgraded staff. i have millions to burn. i never got the achievements for owning all the group b and a cars, perhaps i should rebuy them all. lol

as mentioned, the dailies/weeklies/monthlies will get you some good amount if you do them regularly

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I managed to get every Achievement by lowering the difficulty whenever possible, so I don't need the credits now. I hadn't done that with an Xbox games since Bayonetta in 2010 (RE4 doesn't count).

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
The four new Achievements are already up. I'm going to try doing a 6 stage event in Greece to get the Greece Lightning one.

I won by almost two minutes in the end.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I miss this game. I bought Grid and can't stand it. It's boring. I'm going back to this

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Finland is not showing up on the Xbox store....

I had to go into Home -> Games -> Dirt Rally 2 -> Manage games & add-ons -> Ready to install

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Finland is not showing up on the Xbox store....

I had to go into Home -> Games -> Dirt Rally 2 -> Manage games & add-ons -> Ready to install

its showing for me (west coast US) in game from the "store" menu. already got the 100 jump cheevo too!

380f7926-5c49-475d-af92-6321468f1d21.PNG

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I hop in after a long period of time and end up just sucking. It's tough. I like it though.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
so, uh, i get the idea behind having a way to get people who havent bought additional content to perhaps invest after playing the open to all festive challenges... but there is literally nothing new to those that have it. i guess i expected *something. lit up tress with xmas lights? but its just regular events, opened to all, with one offering a new (ugly) christmas themed livery, and another (likely ugly) christmas livery (for a shitty car) for those that can make top 10%?

i guess i expected too much. i love this game, i just want more and something to brag about.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought this game yesterday but I'm considering a refund before my 2 hours is up on Steam. Something about it feels super off, although I can't put my finger on what. It's not the difficulty either, as not routinely strolling to wins as soon as you start is easily my favourite thing about Codemasters games in general (especially Dirt and the F1 games). I dunno, something about the visuals and the games structure, such as seemingly having loads of cars available from the off, didn't sit right with me. The first game feels so streamlined and focused by comparison, although that's a bit of a fluffy description..

Is it worth sticking with? Is the consensus of this game strongly in favour of it being better than the first and I'm just having a jarring initial impression?

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I bought this game yesterday but I'm considering a refund before my 2 hours is up on Steam. Something about it feels super off, although I can't put my finger on what. It's not the difficulty either, as not routinely strolling to wins as soon as you start is easily my favourite thing about Codemasters games in general (especially Dirt and the F1 games). I dunno, something about the visuals and the games structure, such as seemingly having loads of cars available from the off, didn't sit right with me. The first game feels so streamlined and focused by comparison, although that's a bit of a fluffy description..

Is it worth sticking with? Is the consensus of this game strongly in favour of it being better than the first and I'm just having a jarring initial impression?
I don't know. Tbh with you if the game doesn't feel great at the start then maybe you should refund? I thought it felt fantastic as soon as I started playing.

In regards to all the cars available, it can be a bit overwhelming deciding which car to chose and unfortunately, it is a trial and error type of method in choosing a car that you like driving. But all these hours later, I only drive like 4 of em?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Is the consensus of this game strongly in favour of it being better than the first and I'm just having a jarring initial impression?

It depends - generally people feel the handling is improved over the first and the visuals are pretty clearly better. I think the stage design is a little worse compared to 1, but all of the 1 tracks are available now if that's an issue. I also think the messed up the difficulty in the career mode.

But Eurogamer for example - who I definitely trust including if not particularly with respect to sim racers - felt it's not just their finest rally game, but their finest driving game.

If you've put in almost two hours and aren't feeling it though, I'd refund - that's a pretty representative slice of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you both.

I think I can pin my main 3 issues down to a bit of confusion about how Career Mode worked, the visuals looking jarringly blurry and "off", and being a bit overwhelmed by the UI and the cars available right from the start.

I've read up about career, found some tips on visual performance (which seems to have been a common complaint) and can handle the available cars, so I'm going to persist.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I've read up about career, found some tips on visual performance (which seems to have been a common complaint) and can handle the available cars, so I'm going to persist.
Yeah I never really dabbled with career mode that much it's really the dailies and weeklies is where it's at I've found. You get good amount of credits and the "you only get one shot at this" aspect adds some levity to it all. Have fun!

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you both.

I think I can pin my main 3 issues down to a bit of confusion about how Career Mode worked, the visuals looking jarringly blurry and "off", and being a bit overwhelmed by the UI and the cars available right from the start.

Career modes in DiRT Rally games are just... odd. They probably shouldn't even call them that. Your comment about the UI is well-taken too, and both of these issues are so strange given DiRT 3 had incredible takes on BOTH of those.

Be interested to hear your further impressions in here... despite this thread only being populated by 10 or so people lol, we're generally all checking it!

Oct 27, 2017
Really glad I stuck with the game now. Took some time to properly dig around things, especially the visuals, and I'm really enjoying the game now. Got it running nearly flawless 60fps at 3840x2160 and mostly high settings, and it looks fantastic. TAA was the big offender as to why I thought the game looked so off. Did they just botch the implementation there? It honestly looks like someone has just smudged a wet wipe across the screen. I've turned it straight off.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Really glad I stuck with the game now. Took some time to properly dig around things, especially the visuals, and I'm really enjoying the game now. Got it running nearly flawless 60fps at 3840x2160 and mostly high settings, and it looks fantastic. TAA was the big offender as to why I thought the game looked so off. Did they just botch the implementation there? It honestly looks like someone has just smudged a wet wipe across the screen. I've turned it straight off.

glad you got it running, and looking, better!

LatscherGnu

Apr 23, 2018

TAA isn't all that bad in combination with some image sharpening applied to it, no idea why they don't offer it ingame (not the only devs to do this and i don't know how this is still a thing 5 or more years after TAA got popular, not really a problem on pc thanks to reshade and recently even driver options but poor console players :-/)

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
um, more seasons????

holy crap if true! best racer ever keeps getting better. yes codemasters, i'll continue to throw money your way for more content. how about some of the missing major WRC rallies? maybe the 2020 rally japan and kenya?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I wonder if they're transitioning to more of a GaaS model. I have noticed their games go on hard sales like almost immediately after release (GRID is 50% on steam right now).

If there's actual new rally tracks, i am down for sure.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
when you're 72nd in the world, deep into a monthly challenge, and just set a green split time(!) and, because you are sitting a meter in front of the TV wearing headphones, the wife decides she needs to ask me a simple question and hovers in my peripheral vision staring at me until i lose all concentration and fuck it all up at 120 mph.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
After some months not playing I got the itch and bought season 3 and 4. Have they fixed the clubman difficulty? I remember that the open was a walk in the park and clubman was hell on earth.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
wrc is on sale for 34.99 on the microsoft store.... i really want to bite, but i'm still playing so much DR 2.0 i'm not sure i'd really get into it

EDIT: fuck it, i bought it. will be nice to have crazy long and varied stages, real teams and drivers, and some team management, at the very least :)

EDIT: (+) much more sim handling then i expected, ( - ) twitchy as fuck steering on a controller. ugh, hope theres a fix

Last edited: