• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
struggling with these R5 cars, the ford at least. they feel so... floaty. ran through the new zealand weekly with them, to get a feel for it, and i think it wasnt till the last stage or two where i felt fairly comfortable pushing em. hows the citroen compare?

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Managed to squeeze in a sesh tonight!

Didn't realize this group had the Volkswagen polo GTi in it. Had some experience with this car when I was trophy hunting so I don't mind this group of cars actually. >:)

Felt I did aight in the first 5 stages in Spain. Fucked up pretty badly however in the final stage when I found myself outside the guard rail and unable to get back on the road for a few turns smh. Easily added an unwanted minute or so 😭

So I was able to only do the first event and not the others. By design?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to squeeze in a sesh tonight!

Didn't realize this group had the Volkswagen polo GTi in it. Had some experience with this car when I was trophy hunting so I don't mind this group of cars actually. >:)

Felt I did aight in the first 5 stages in Spain. Fucked up pretty badly however in the final stage when I found myself outside the guard rail and unable to get back on the road for a few turns smh. Easily added an unwanted minute or so 😭

So I was able to only do the first event and not the others. By design?

FYI, you can stop the car and a prompt to reset the car will come up with the dpad

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Alright went ahead and posted some pretty bad times - on account of being out of practice and never being very good in the first place! Fun stuff tho

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I knew that and probably what I should've done. That adds time to your race no? I was afraid of doing that but ended up wasting way more time than I should've. Haha
it does add time, the exact amount depending on how upgraded your co-driver is and (i think) how far off track you are

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Joined the event, and actually did kind of okay on the first 3 races, despite not playing the game for months.

Then the last two events I had 2 punctures (and the second one I didn't have a spare for), resulting in what's probably going to be by far the worst time in the entire event (like 5 minutes behind 1st place right now). Was honestly just thinking of retiring to save myself the embarrassment, but fuck it.

Oh well, I did always suck at the game, so it went about as well as I expected really.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit, i just got a green split time in a daily event!

then proceeded to finish 50 seconds off of first. but still! never seen that before, feels good

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Joined the event, and actually did kind of okay on the first 3 races, despite not playing the game for months.

Then the last two events I had 2 punctures (and the second one I didn't have a spare for), resulting in what's probably going to be by far the worst time in the entire event (like 5 minutes behind 1st place right now). Was honestly just thinking of retiring to save myself the embarrassment, but fuck it.

Oh well, I did always suck at the game, so it went about as well as I expected really.
Lol no worries man it happens. First championship I did dreadfully.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Just checked the recent results... op_ivy is OP

Like, how? 😭
:D

anyone got set up advice? Spain is the only location i adjust anything - i lower the car and up the stiffness significantly. what about other events? ive been tempted to do basically the reverse for the umpy events, like argentina, but frankly the default feels pretty decent. anyone messing with this stuff? gearing?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
LOL, I'm firing my pit crew

b837dd77-8ba2-48fe-8ec3-953fb9c73148.PNG

d494a1ed-c928-4db9-b580-54661f178f09.PNG

7f0c87a0-3c85-4f53-bcae-856b0ecd0196.PNG

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
wrapped up New Zealand with an off and reset on stage 2 (lost 8+seconds) and TWO major spins on stage 4 from clipping one of the outside banks at high speed.

f03c87d5-09af-41a7-8700-5009925e920b.PNG

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So I started off pretty good in the first two stages

be152c2f-0463-4701-bv5jpq.jpeg

4ee56d14-531f-482d-ae7jf9.jpeg

And then the night stage happened (._.)
And it was basically all downhill from there. Here's how I finished:
75582b81-61a4-41b7-afajja.jpeg

Just two seconds behind tylerduren!!
Which one of you is he? >:(

Also kinda neat we're all under different flags. We're worldwide baby

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

There there, just look at my times (JackyBryant) and everything will be better. I don't know why I picked the Skoda - I knew I suck with it lol

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

That's me. In stage 2 or 3, I lost all sound, which is lethal when you do manual shifting in the Skoda cockpit [edit: saw in the patch notes from yesterday that the issue is supposedly solved now]. A stage later I ran through a fence, game wouldn't let me reset to track and I couldn't find where I dropped through the fence, no fence pieces seemed to be missing, it was like I've clipped through.. in the end I thought the fastest way to solve this would be to just drive off even farther until the game then finally resets me to track (better than trying to smash uphill on a grass surface through a still standing fence piece). Took me about 50 seconds and got a ~25 second reset penalty on top.
The car felt pretty good though, I usually don't drive anything post Y2k.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
That's me. In stage 2 or 3, I lost all sound, which is lethal when you do manual shifting in the Skoda cockpit [edit: saw in the patch notes from yesterday that the issue is supposedly solved now]. A stage later I ran through a fence, game wouldn't let me reset to track and I couldn't find where I dropped through the fence, no fence pieces seemed to be missing, it was like I've clipped through.. in the end I thought the fastest way to solve this would be to just drive off even farther until the game then finally resets me to track (better than trying to smash uphill on a grass surface through a still standing fence piece). Took me about 50 seconds and got a ~25 second reset penalty on top.
The car felt pretty good though, I usually don't drive anything post Y2k.
Good shit, man.

Oh and also

image0.gif

:p

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Finished the US Rally with no major setbacks, just a couple of spins and minor damage to the body.

Used the Polo, it's a bit more stable than the Fiesta.

pBJaiwU.png

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
is that one of the special liveries? i dont think i have any of those for some reason - ive never been able to find any that look different than the launch set. wouldnt surprise me if they didnt auto download/install, as there have been anumber of dlc content issues with the game.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
is that one of the special liveries? i dont think i have any of those for some reason - ive never been able to find any that look different than the launch set. wouldnt surprise me if they didnt auto download/install, as there have been anumber of dlc content issues with the game.

I don´t think it is, just one of the standard liveries in the game.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
That's me. In stage 2 or 3, I lost all sound, which is lethal when you do manual shifting in the Skoda cockpit [edit: saw in the patch notes from yesterday that the issue is supposedly solved now].

this just happened to me on the final leg of our championship. funny, its been claimed to be fixed in multiple patch notes :hmm

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
this just happened to me on the final leg of our championship. funny, its been claimed to be fixed in multiple patch notes :hmm
The funny thing is, this never happened to me early on in the first week when I played a lot more than the 40 minutes I put into it per week on average in the last 2 months where it happened to me 3 times and twice in between stages. It feels a bit like they introduced the bug in a patch by themselves.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
cant see where to check on the website and i'm out of town away from xbox, how many days left in the event? looks like not even half have started the 3rd leg - still a few days?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
huey you did good my man. I saw those times.

thanks - getting into the groove again a bit more and really enjoying being challenged by all your guys' times, I haven't really done these leagues before. I'm just so consistently inconsistent tho - like had 3 semi-reasonable stages (still plenty of errors ) but then one stage where I flipped onto my hood AND hit a spectator!