• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Lol op_ivy sweatin cuz he's not blowing everyone away for once. Don't worry, I should be able to jump on this weekend and bring up the rear!

janusff May I request a kickboxer training gif now?

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Lol op_ivy sweatin cuz he's not blowing everyone away for once. Don't worry, I should be able to jump on this weekend and bring up the rear!

22051e89-bdf0-4c91-b2i8j6h.gif

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

its funny cause its true. i mean, some of the stages i got caught up in the snow burm or the rear end clipped a snow bank causing me to spin and its clear why i was in danger - but others... man, idk you guys are fast here!

i'd be racing and see that the first two sections were green meaning i set the fastest times but i never knew by how much (cause actually looking at the split times would likely cause me to crash!). so, i'd relax a bit. i know sweden for me is one tiny mistake away from spins and/or rolls. but the moment i'd relax not only would the next split be red but often times i'd see that the overall time was red too meaning any lead i had built up was lost and i had to really push to get it back.

legitimately sweaty event!

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

July is coming to an end and many of you are curious about what's coming next. I can't say much right now but to give a little tease, August will be a big month for DiRT Rally 2.0. I'm excited to share more with you all when the time comes, but until then I hope you all have a good weekend and a lot of fun with Wales Rally and next week's Rallycross cars.

season 3!? or the long awaited VR release?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
season 3!? or the long awaited VR release?

Some new original tracks would be amazing. But honestly, the numbers on the leaderboards seem to suggest the game is pretty active. Do we have any numbers on DR sales?

Incidentally, did you guys see DR2.0 was featured on Eurogamer's Best 15 PS4 games recently? That's probably the only publication whose opinion I take seriously so pretty awesome to see them giving the game such strong support. EDIT: Huh, it was on there... they seem to have modified it to swap in Gran Turismo Sport for this which I... don't agree with.

Last edited:

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Some new original tracks would be amazing. But honestly, the numbers on the leaderboards seem to suggest the game is pretty active. Do we have any numbers on DR sales?

Incidentally, did you guys see DR2.0 was featured on Eurogamer's Best 15 PS4 games recently? That's probably the only publication whose opinion I take seriously so pretty awesome to see them giving the game such strong support. EDIT: Huh, it was on there... they seem to have modified it to swap in Gran Turismo Sport for this which I... don't agree with.

The Dirt Rally handling team have moved onto Grid so I am not expected any more new content. It would be a pleasant surprise if so but Codemasters don't seem to go too heavy on DLC. More likely it is the VR mode that they said they were working on.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
yeah, not a fan of argentina. it's just, you gotta go so slow to work your way through the rocks and it becomes too meticulous. part of the fun of dirt rally is trying to go as fast as possible while navigating with nuance the turns and what not. argentina just feels too delicate and slow for my tastes. I did however like that last stage, St. Isidro. That was a great track. Didn't have the rocks til the end. Gorgeous with the sunset as well. Reminded me a bit of Greece from the first game.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Finished my runs and wasn't too comfortable on the first three stages. Put some softs on for the last two stages and the feeling of the car was transformed and I was able to attack the turns more. I think I will default to using softs in the future.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Finished my runs and wasn't too comfortable on the first three stages. Put some softs on for the last two stages and the feeling of the car was transformed and I was able to attack the turns more. I think I will default to using softs in the future.

the way we've been doing these, 'day 1' being the longer of the two at 3 stages, you just want to make sure day 1 isn't too long where the soft tire durability may become a big concern. 15km+ is usually where i begin to think about using a medium.

if you guys aren't running softs you're losing many seconds per stage on this alone

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
oof, rough stage 3. major spin AND rolled onto my roof.

i personally love argentina, 18:10.7

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
lol welp

Somehow convinced myself that shutting off my PS4 before the clock started on the first stage would be ok - which to be clear, it's not, its a DNF - and then terminal damage on round 4.

Nice work, everyone else though!

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
dirt fish?

Argentina event is over.
good job everyone thanks for participating! Until next time.

tumblr_nzcz0g4lO51s39hlao1_500.gif

dirtfish is a rally school in washington and a location that has been in dirt in the past as an open training ground and for some mini games, not sure the format it'll take here but should be once again a nice inclusion

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
dirtfish only accessible from the garage as "test drive" is a missed opportunity. not sure why they even bothered, though i'll enjoy throwing a car around in it every now and then.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
wow, i thought we'd be lucky to get a 3rd season and never even considered they'd go beyond that! this is probably my favorite racer ever, i've already put countless hours in, i'll nab the season pass as soon as it available.

having said that, the rally cross stuff will barely be touched.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah rally cross is pretty lame. Got excited at first for the South Africa one thinking about a Savannah type rally biome but alas...

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
its even worse that the daily/weekly/monthlies for rallycross are just time attack. no AI. and i don't do the rallycross career at all.

I actually love the moment to moment racing of rallycross, it's just the structure of the races that I'm non-plussed about. I understand that's how real rally cross works, but I just wish there was an option to dial down the number of rounds you have to repeat.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
hows the new RX track?

xbox here and despite being a season pass owner the game wants to charge me $3.99 to download. hopefully it clears itself up soon. its frustrating these small issues with the store and DLC content for this game.

EDIT: looking at codies forums it looks like a widespread issue for the platform

Last edited:
OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
hows the new RX track?

xbox here and despite being a season pass owner the game wants to charge me $3.99 to download. hopefully it clears itself up soon. its frustrating these small issues with the store and DLC content for this game.
it's weird how all this stuff doesn't automatically download and is ready in game. Or rather, it is downloaded but I gotta go to PSN and claim each of these items before i can use them. It's pretty obtuse. (haven't had the issue yet where it's asking for money though)

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
The season 1 and 2 pass is on sale in PSN EU for €12.99 and the new one with season 3 and 4 included starts selling on friday the 23th.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Debating on getting this game for $31.99 , deluxe edition. Still have no idea how much I'll enjoy it as a casual