• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
i am so confused, why can't I buy season 3 and 4 without buying deluxe digital? Unless the Sony store sucks and it won't let me find S3 and 4 by itself...

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
i am so confused, why can't I buy season 3 and 4 without buying deluxe digital? Unless the Sony store sucks and it won't let me find S3 and 4 by itself...

DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content Pack 2.0 (Seasons 3 and 4)

Inclui todo o conteúdo das temporadas 3 e 4 de DiRT Rally 2.0, além do pacote Colin McRae FLAT OUT.brbrDesafia-te em 6 locais distintos, como Jämsä, na Finlândia para rally e o Circuito Yas Marina, em Abu Dhabi para rallycross.brbrAcrescenta à tua garagem 15 carros de rally e rallycross...

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017

DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content Pack 2.0 (Seasons 3 and 4)

Inclui todo o conteúdo das temporadas 3 e 4 de DiRT Rally 2.0, além do pacote Colin McRae FLAT OUT.brbrDesafia-te em 6 locais distintos, como Jämsä, na Finlândia para rally e o Circuito Yas Marina, em Abu Dhabi para rallycross.brbrAcrescenta à tua garagem 15 carros de rally e rallycross...

Yeah, I ordered through the PS4. For some reason the browser is wonky for me

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
greece screenshot dump

35d0c58e-2296-47d4-a22c-0f9876c202e9.PNG

04d82f40-213a-49bc-af99-ac8f5079f6c4.PNG

69300e2c-8410-4f2c-ae7e-695957ca749d.PNG

13415d6e-14cf-4b37-80b5-e04b8f981623.PNG

996379f4-dc0f-4e5b-bd61-785dcc269d91.PNG

ffa0ef15-d972-4b3a-8e7c-320a26715fa9.PNG

Oct 29, 2017
I can't handle this one Porsche at all

Im not an expert and crash this thing at least once a rally but Ive found its all about throttle control with that car.....and a little throttle goes a long way. Also, Im sure you can adjust it on the steering wheel but I find that if I let the rear end slide more than a little, its almost impossible to catch at lower speeds.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Worth fiddling with the various controller sliders. After a couple of weeks I realised the perceived difficulty in the game for me was actually more an issue with the controller being too twitchy. Once I'd made changes to the sliders the game became totally different.

Hmm maybe I do need to fiddle with the settings for sure.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I deff got frustrated with the Porsche and I have to figure out tuning because it's just ridiculous how bad I am doing at controlling this car and another Lancia.

Some stock cars handle better than others it seem.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I deff got frustrated with the Porsche and I have to figure out tuning because it's just ridiculous how bad I am doing at controlling this car and another Lancia.

Some stock cars handle better than others it seem.

ive put in TONS of hours with the game and think i'm pretty good, but it hasnt been until recently that ive even attempted the RWD cars - they're a handful. as was mentioned, throttle control is key entering and exiting corners but proper counter steering as well. its very easy to correct too late or over correct. my advice, stick with FWD or AWD for the time being at least

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
ive put in TONS of hours with the game and think i'm pretty good, but it hasnt been until recently that ive even attempted the RWD cars - they're a handful. as was mentioned, throttle control is key entering and exiting corners but proper counter steering as well. its very easy to correct too late or over correct. my advice, stick with FWD or AWD for the time being at least

I think that's what it is, I believe it's RWD... Thanks for the info, maybe I'll switch to another car.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah it's basically a completely different driving philosophy, even after all the time I have in DR1 and 2.0 I still can't wrap my head around how to do well with them. I can complete stages but only with being exceedingly careful (and constantly stressed)

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The people that feel the RWD cars are hard compared to AWD cars... have you tried RWD cars with an FFB steering wheel?
To me any RWD car under 300hp is easier than almost any AWD car, because they're usually a lot older and slower and the countersteering feels very natural in the DR games ever since our own Betta Lines helped the Codies with that during DR1 EA.

Oct 29, 2017
The people that feel the RWD cars are hard compared to AWD cars... have you tried RWD cars with an FFB steering wheel?
To me any RWD car under 300hp is easier than almost any AWD car, because they're usually a lot older and slower and the countersteering feels very natural in the DR games ever since our own Betta Lines helped the Codies with that during DR1 EA.

The slower RWD cars are mostly fine because they rotate much more slowly but AWD always feel more stable but more prone to understeer.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I only really had tried the Porsche and the BMW M1 when they were released for a few minutes. Gave them another go today at freshly bought Greece (I uploaded it too).

Gotto say... you're really right, the Porsche is not easy. You're on the throttle and there the is the turbo hole, but even above it, there is on-throttle understeer, but in slow corners there is on-throttle understeer ...so you floor it, but then suddenly you gave it too much throttle and the tires are spinning to a degree where you have no lateral grip left and the rear is not sideways but gone. Honestly, all that is still pretty manageable to me - the actual problem is the braking. Trailbraking gives a lot of rotation downhill because the center of gravity on the rear-engined car is so far back, that it really really wants to swap ends and spin out, if you give it any yaw angle under braking and turning in.

--> A good trick against this is to brake, steer and stay on the throttle while you are braking. That way you create a counter momentum on the rear wheels to the brake disc braking moment and you brake less on the rear compared to the front, thus shifting the brake bias to the front resulting in less over- and more understeer under braking (helps less in 5th gear of course, there is less torque on the axle than in lower gears).

The BMW M1 on the hand has great balance in my opinion and just the most awesome engine sound. You have to be a little careful on the throttle, but not as much as the power numbers would suggest in a rear wheel only driven super car turned offroad rocket. It felt easier and faster than the Porsche (I mean, the Beamer has 420hp and the porker only 280), but... I was actually faster in the Porsche even if only a tiny little bit *shrugs*. I guess it's because the rear engine is just a huge advantage in braking (can use more rear braking in a straight line because of higher tire load due to weight and get as much rotation without effort on corner entry) and tons traction out of a corner from the enourmous weight shift towards the rear because of the shorter and higher lever from CoG to rear axle... also, some good weight advantage too of course compared to the BMW.

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i'm watching a highlight video on wrc+ from 2004 rally japan and i think i recognize peter solbergs co-driver. a quick google search and yup, thats dirt rally 2.0's phil mills LOL.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I bought the $60 everything package on Xbox last night. Rallycross is still as stupidly hard for me as it was in the first game.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I see a ton of complaints about the force feedback, and apparently there's a problem with the brake that stops it going to 100% unless you unscrew the pedals and remove something. For $200+, I don't think I want to deal with that.

I don't know for sure if it's like that on console too, but you can adjust inner and outer deadzone/saturation on PC in-game.
Also, you don't need 100% brake... ever. Brakes lock up long before that, if not, then the brake pressure is set too low in your car setup.

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
Just popping in to say that I just jumped on this game because of Game pass! I expected it to show up eventually since other Dirt games are on there, my patience and wallet thank me for waiting Lol.

I completed the first two events yesterday and of course this game is just plain fun, even after doing horribly in the first event and finishing 5th. I was able to finish 1st on the second one... I didn't check but felt like the difficulty was automatically lowered because the second event felt extremely easy compared to the first one.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Just popping in to say that I just jumped on this game because of Game pass! I expected it to show up eventually since other Dirt games are on there, my patience and wallet thank me for waiting Lol.

I completed the first two events yesterday and of course this game is just plain fun, even after doing horribly in the first event and finishing 5th. I was able to finish 1st on the second one... I didn't check but felt like the difficulty was automatically lowered because the second event felt extremely easy compared to the first one.

the game simulates the ai drivers. your main competitor in the rally may have had major issues in the 2nd event. its always fun to look at the "notes" screen after a stage to see what happened and why the previous leader, or guy on your tail, fell off

have fun :)

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
the game simulates the ai drivers. your main competitor in the rally may have had major issues in the 2nd event. its always fun to look at the "notes" screen after a stage to see what happened and why the previous leader, or guy on your tail, fell off

have fun :)
Ooh, I didn't know this, definitely paying more attention next time.

Also, driving with the headlights busted at night... that was an experience.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I think racenet is down. Right when I complete a 9 stage Monte Carlo weekly (event 1 of 3). Pretty sure now I'll get a dnf

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Help! Just got this game on PS4 and I frequently have an issue where there is no engine sound, even when I reboot the console and the game. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround? Thanks.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Help! Just got this game on PS4 and I frequently have an issue where there is no engine sound, even when I reboot the console and the game. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround? Thanks.

I think this is a known bug that, despite recurrently saying it was fixed, CM has failed to fully resolve. I assume you're on the most up to date patch?

Interestingly, despite hearing about it a lot, it's never actually happened to me.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
I think this is a known bug that, despite recurrently saying it was fixed, CM has failed to fully resolve. I assume you're on the most up to date patch?

Interestingly, despite hearing about it a lot, it's never actually happened to me.
Yep, I'm fully up to date with title updates. PS4 Pro if it matters. No engine sound makes the game almost unplayable! You're driving and all you hear is the sound of dirt/gravel churning underneath the car.

=O

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I'm fully up to date with title updates. PS4 Pro if it matters. No engine sound makes the game almost unplayable! You're driving and all you hear is the sound of dirt/gravel churning underneath the car.

=O

Oh totally - it's the audio equivalent of a night stage with your headlights completely out

Yeah if I recall op_ivy has had this issue more than a few times. Any advice, op?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

=O

that sounds different to the issue i (still!) get, where all sound is dropped. rebooting the game, and even just opening the guide and going to the dash then resuming fixes it (xbox). this sounds much worse. try the codemasters forums? or... reinstall?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
catching up on rally GB and they have the wrc8 esports finals during a break and who is in the top 4, none other than codemasters jon armstrong!

EDIT: lmao, he glitched through the track mid race. awesome game

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
That's hilarious!

13:10 in this video

on the one hand if a real rally driver like him is giving this the time of day, it must be pretty good! but on the other hand, at least to be the fastest in the world (it wasn't Jon!), the physics look pretty silly. still want to pick up at some point

if/when i stop playing dirt rally 2.0!

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
on the one hand if a real rally driver like him is giving this the time of day, it must be pretty good! but on the other hand, at least to be the fastest in the world (it wasn't Jon!), the physics look pretty silly. still want to pick up at some point

if/when i stop playing dirt rally 2.0!

I never tried a WRC game but the gameplay seems too floaty?

Not too arcade like the first 3 Dirt games but not as good as DR2.0 with the slightly heavy physics of the cars.

But then again everyone was praising WRC8 including Jimmy Broadbent.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
busted out he wheel again and hit up some time trails. got what felt like a good time then went back to the pad and after a few runs set what felt like a great run that was 2 seconds faster. got back on the wheel and quickly beat that time by 2 seconds. i'm now 52 on this track/class combo over all platforms, which is especially good considering this isnt a one off daily/weekly/monthly. i definitely think with more practice this is the way to set the fastest times without a doubt. you can really limit sliding to whats necessary and more easily set up for successive corners.

edit: now i need to get myself a better set up. looking at a cockpit to replace my wheel stand. anyone want this, cheap?

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
busted out he wheel again and hit up some time trails. got what felt like a good time then went back to the pad and after a few runs set what felt like a great run that was 2 seconds faster. got back on the wheel and quickly beat that time by 2 seconds. i'm now 52 on this track/class combo over all platforms, which is especially good considering this isnt a one off daily/weekly/monthly. i definitely think with more practice this is the way to set the fastest times without a doubt. you can really limit sliding to whats necessary and more easily set up for successive corners.

edit: now i need to get myself a better set up. looking at a cockpit to replace my wheel stand. anyone want this, cheap?
What wheel/pedals are you using?