• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
The critically-acclaimed investigative series returns with six untold stories of scandal, financial malfeasance, and corruption in the world of business.
Banking scandals, real estate schemes, toxic plastics and more reveal how a corporate thirst for profit puts citizens in danger. Dirty Money returns March 11.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Netflix’s ‘Dirty Money’ Season 2 to Examine Jared Kushner’s Real Estate Empire (Exclusive)

Jared Kushner's real estate empire is set to come under the investigatory microscope in the second season of Netflix's 'Dirty Money,' produced by Alex Gibney.
Netflix's 'Dirty Money' Season 2 to Examine Jared Kushner's Real Estate Empire (Exclusive)

From Alex Gibney's Jigsaw Productions, the crime documentary series will also look into the 1MDB scandal that saw billions stolen from Malaysia and used to fund forays into Hollywood with 'The Wolf of Wall Street.'

The real estate empire of President Trump's son-in-law and close adviser Jared Kushner is set to go under the microscope in the second season of Netflix's documentary series Dirty Money.

Coming from Oscar-winner Alex Gibney's Jigsaw Productions and due to launch March 11, season 2 of the investigative show will continue to peer into what the streamer describes as the "untold stories of scandal, financial malfeasance and corruption" in the world of business.

Among the six episodes, "Slumlord Millionaire" — directed by Dan DiMauro and Morgan Pehme — aims to pulls back the curtain on the real estate practices of Kushner, with a focus on the tenants who have dared to expose the truth about his empire.

Also in Season 2 of Dirty Money, "The Man at the Top" will offer an inside look at the 1MDB corruption scandal, in which billions of dollars were siphoned from Malaysia's sovereign wealth fund and used to fund vast spending sprees, not to mention forays into Hollywood including The Wolf of Wall Street. Directed by Zach Heinzerling, the episode includes a rare sit-down with former Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak, now on trial for corruption and accused of being a central kingpin in the scandal.

"The Wagon Wheel," directed by Dan Krauss, is the story of the Wells Fargo scandal, looking at one of the world's most revered financial institutions and how its drive for growth fostered a culture that led employees to commit one of the most egregious episodes of consumer fraud in U.S. history.

Other episodes in the season will look at the life cycle of gold from illegal cartel mines to financial institutions and consumer products, the exploitation of vulnerable senior citizens through the state guardianship system, and corruption and regulatory wrongdoing within one the world's biggest plastics producers.

Dirty Money is produced by Jigsaw Productions. Executive producers are Gibney, Meghan O'Hara, Stacey Offman and Richard Perello. Co-executive producers are Isaac Bolden, Brad Hebert and John Turner.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I must have missed Season 1. This is something I would definitely watch.

It's a great series. Each episode leaves you progressively more and more pissed off, and then you get to the Canadian Maple Syrup heist episode and you're like "this is so damn stupid but ok". Canada has a "Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve", where a barrel of the stuff is more expensive than a barrel of oil, and someone stole millions of dollars worth of the reserve. It's so tonally different from all the other episodes, but it's nice change of pace from the other episodes where you want to rip out your hair in anger.

Oh and it's Canada's most valuable heist ever...what a palate cleanser of an episode 😆

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Everyone should watch the episode Guardians Inc. What a fucking travesty. I hope those people get doxxed.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Shit I thought Trumpsters were nuts, but they seem to have nothing on Nahum fans. Holy shit. The old guy whose like "yeah sure stole from the country, but hey he gave some of us a bit of money on the side too" had me shaking my head.

taahahmed

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Falling asleep with the first two episodes in this new season. Terrible events for sure but nothing really exciting or interesting like last season.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Falling asleep with the first two episodes in this new season. Terrible events for sure but nothing really exciting or interesting like last season.

I don't know I found the Malaysia one pretty interesting. I'm 2/3rds into the 3rd episode (Kushner), and I keep having to pause because it's really pissing me off.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
FUCK. YES. I WAS HOPING THEY'D BRING IT BACK!

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
This was another great season, the selection of stories and the presentation (directing, editing) is exceptional. It's not light material though. Especially the guardianship episode, that was heartbreaking and harrowing that it happens to vulnerable older people after a lifetime's efforts. How fucked up the judicial system is for these cases to proceed this way, unbelievable.
Also the Kushner episode, really fucked up what happened to these poor tenants. :(