• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Seeing all the speculation from the Direct, it got me thinking about this franchise which had great potential to become an Uncharted like series for Nintendo if they gave it a great budget. There could be amazing set pieces; different man made and natural events that Nintendo could showcase with crazy production values. This could bring Nintendo into the "cinematic" genre since they are lacking in this area. I know people may not want this from Nintendo, but I would like to see a Nintendo spin on this, just like they did Splatoon and Arms! Hopefully they do an Uncharted 2 situation!

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe you should have waited to make this thread, today is definitely not the day

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo can make new IPs, it's not like there's a limited amount as it seems like based on the "Nintendo should reboot x obscure franchise!" threads.

DDoC was a dumb light gun game made by a studio that is good at jrpgs

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
No, it absolutely couldn't.

I love Day of Crisis but that game feels like the end result of someone accidentally adding an extra zero to the end of the budget for a Simple 2000 game.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Had no idea this was developed by Monolithsoft. I thought it was related to the Disaster Report games. Looked interesting, but mathcing UC budget for the presentation quality is a tall order.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh not really Uncharted thrives with its character and story telling whereas Disaster was nonsensical Bay movie with the game play reflecting that.

Not a good time to discuss a cancelled game from 10 years ago.

Cancelled? It got released in Japan and Europe, though it's weird how it skipped the US as it's very US centric.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Uncharted could've been Sony's Mario Kart! Think about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.