• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
So it's around 00:30 in the morning and I forgot to do the debriefing quest on the balcony with Kim...do I have to wait the rest of the entire next day now to go to talk to him there? There's no dialogue option when I get to the balcony for the quest.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
So I went 3 4 1 4, signature skill Inland empire (got 6 in it) and the very first thing I know I'll level up is the electrochemical skill for that sweet sweet drug intake, of course I won't pay the manager and went hobocop instead

It's gonna be a real funky ride. Unlocked the magnesium based lifeform thought and god I laughed so hard at the description

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
ive got this ordered but have been too caught up in other things. Really looking forward to playing though.

edit: Oh its out today? Installing.

Last edited:

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to go 3,6,2,1

A bumbling, emotional wreck, totally in tune with the farce that is human existence.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Lol realized I could die easily since I only had 1 hp so I spent a point in endurance.

Mar 21, 2018
I'm a comfy couch gamer: can this be played with just a mouse or is it M+Keyboard?

Also, I've never played an isometric CRPG. Is this a good game for newbs such as myself?

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Take THAT, Impossible check.

qrFC7nih.png

Now I look sad though.

sM7yYnSh.png

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Game was already on my radar but the PST name drops have me close to pulling the trigger, especially with 2 weeks off looming in a few days.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Love all the subtle Planescape: Torment references.

Also, this game is dark as fuck. I think I'd feel even worse if I played a crazy person.

Courier 7

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
5-2-3-2. Specialize in Conceptualization.

So far so good. I'm feeling myself getting sucked in.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This game lmao, so many things to find and the dialogue is hilarious.
I7zIJaz.jpg

Inland Empire is awesome so far, I got an awesome "expression" to use because of looking in the mirror and could even suggest to make a "click" sound when I did it, I had to. It totally made me think of this:

Only played a short bit but from initial impressions this is definitely one of my favorite rpgs so far, probably since Divinity: OS2.

Also a tip but don't forget to click on the headset looking icon if it flashes to "internalize" a thought.

Does anyone know the controls though? Like in the settings menu I see nothing about the controls or anything, just wondering if there's anything you need to know besides f5/f9 to quicksave and load.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Rn I'm waiting for my partner to say goodnight so I can go
back to the crime scene to steal the boots off the dead guy

I love this game.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The game runs fine for me on my I5 2500k 560ti. Still chugging along. I turned off shadows though, but didn't try with them on.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Downloading. Unfortunately I made the mistake of starting Link's Awakening a bit too late, and I still have two dungeons to go. Hopefully I can clear them tonight so I can play this tomorrow.

The protagonist looks like a god damn zombie in his profile picture I'm seeing in people's screenshots. The pallor of his face is straight-up that of the undead.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
One hour in, this game rules. I've audibly laughed like ten times already.

Also, I refuse to wear pants until I find some better pants. And the game is cool with this!

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I was able to move the camera using WASD, it makes no sense why I can't have manual control.
Bit annoying to click on things when the camera is moving, and it's always moving unless you are totally standing still, no matter how much you zoom out.

The other thing I wish is being able to run with a single left click, map interacting to right click.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
How accessible is the game? Trying to get into this genre and this looks interesting

Do you mind reading? If not then you can easily handle it. It's really not that complicated as far as gameplay or systems go, you set up your 4 stats at the start how you want your character to be and select one skill to be your "special" skill (which gives it +1).

The game is built around die rolling and checks through dialogue which are affected by your stats, as well as items you can wear and find in the world.

As you go about your adventure and talk to people/explore your "thoughts" interact with you and others and you can gain new ideas and things from those interactions depending on your skills and what you choose to talk about.

All in all it feels like playing a choose your own adventure game with deep rpg mechanics and choices built into it, nothing that requires twitch skills or anything like that.

I wish I was able to move the camera using WASD, it makes no sense why I can't have manual control.
Bit annoying to click on things when the camera is moving, and it's always moving unless you are totally standing still, no matter how much you zoom out.

This is why I was trying to find the controls menu. I wish we could do this and set it so the camera doesn't follow the character, like how most point and click adventure games work where the camera is "still" and you move your character around the scene with clicking and can move the camera around (if it's not fixed). Hopefully this is something that could be patched in.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Make sure you don't forget to use the radio on the car, it really gives you some perspective.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god...

Oh my GOD....
The scene where you report your lost badge
I was full on laughing out loud at my computer here. The constant chatter in the background of the office is so amazingly well-timed, how new people keep getting involved. Too funny.

Then I had to lie to say
I didn't lose my fucking gun. Oh man.... And THEN I come clean and admit I lost it.... the guy says he knew all along. Just knew I was lying and didn't even bother to say it, just put it right in the report. So quietly pathetic.

("Spoilers" are from the first hour at most, just a courtesy mainly since the game JUST came out)

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Having some minor issues on where to go now?

Went and met with the union leader guy, and I seem railroaded into sitting in the really uncomfortable chair. I dumped physical attributes, soooo that outright kills me lmao. Any suggestions?

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having some minor issues on where to go now?

Went and met with the union leader guy, and I seem railroaded into sitting in the really uncomfortable chair. I dumped physical attributes, soooo that outright kills me lmao. Any suggestions?

Did you talk to the negotiator on the boat to the west?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is far funnier than I was expecting.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I talked to her but either needed to do something my partner found shady or find my badge, so I decided to leave it for then. I'll go back and check it out again. Thanks!

Oh, if you did, that might be it for now. Have you tried the apartment complex, the smoker? You'll know who I mean if you went that way.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
God, I really want to play this, but I decided to use it as a carrot so I finish the first draft of my damn history paper due on Sunday. I can't play it until that draft is done and turned in.

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
God, I really want to play this, but I decided to use it as a carrot so I finish the first draft of my damn history paper due on Sunday. I can't play it until that draft is done and turned in.
Good boy! Honestly, the best feeling to play a new game is when you finish all your chores, it's so rewarding and liberating.

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why is that even in a freaking video game, dealing with a racist is always a tricky endeavor. Screw them.
Lol your sound like a senior on facebook who only read the title but not the full article. I bet you didn't play the game to say this and just saw the comment about it

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Lol your sound like a senior on facebook who only read the title but not the full article. I bet you didn't play the game to say this and just saw the comment about it
? What are you on about? You have some really fun options for dealing with the racists in this game.
I was just ranting about my first encounter with a racist in the game. He's so crafty and have completely outwitted me.

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
omg, the dialog in this game is on another level, just an hour in and i already love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.