• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skot

Oct 30, 2017

21-ED0-F7-E-AD34-4-FC0-BCAC-E1-E2-B5-BFC4-C6.jpg

edit: oops… PEGI not ESRB!

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
That seems like the kind of thing that'd be announced in a Direct.

Also, don't miss this game. Once it's out on both of these, you'll have no excuse.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This would be a fantastic Game Pass get if they were able to pull that off on Xbox.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
As someone with only an Xbox who plays like 15 feet away from my TV, is the text a concern for readability?
Always wanted to play this but...

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
This game must look so good on a 4K OLED, I watched my gf play some of it on PC and it's one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen in my life

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Awesome stuff.

Whilst I would love for this to come to Gamepass I'm more than happy to chip some money towards it again.

Hell, if it has cross save functionality with a windows version then I'll pre-order that bad boy.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That seems like the kind of thing that'd be announced in a Direct.

Also, don't miss this game. Once it's out on both of these, you'll have no excuse.

Game was announced for Switch last year and date for summer via PR after TGA.
It could very well be a shadow drop at the next direct though so a release could come anytime soon - cool!

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
I gave up on this game because the text size is ridiculously tiny, I can't fathom how this game would work on the switch.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Unfortunately I can't see it working well on Switch but hey, better to play this on that then not at all. Everybody needs to touch this game.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Remember that you can double-tap the home button to zoom the screen on the Switch.
You'll need it, unless they've completely overhauled the UI (I hope they have, and are bringing that to the other platforms as well).
It desperately needs better accessibility options. The mouse cursor is tiny on PC at 4K.

And even better if you have a Steam Controller.

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember that you can double-tap the home button to zoom the screen on the Switch.
Holy shit you've blown my mind! Although if anyone else's mind was blown, you have to enable it in system settings first.

With that said, I can't imagine playing Disco Elysium zooming in and out of text all the time.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit you've blown my mind! Although if anyone else's mind was blown, you have to enable it in system settings first.
With that said, I can't imagine playing Disco Elysium zooming in and out of text all the time.
Ah, I didn't remember that you had to enable it in the system settings first. It's a great feature to have.
Zooming would be far from ideal, but unless they changed the UI, the text doesn't fill the entire width of the screen in Disco Elysium - so it might be more useful than you expect.
I do agree that it could get annoying, though - and hope that they have improved the game's UI so that it works better on a television now.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Is this game better suited to PC or console?
I'd say pc, finished it on ps5 and loved it. but there are areas making it apprenant it is a pc game.

outside of smallish ui text.
for example the terrain isn't always clear about walkable areas, which makes you hit invisible obstacles while trying to navigate with analog.
with a mouse you would just click to finish point, and it would pathfind itself. there are issues like that.

Oct 27, 2017
I want to play so bad but this screams game pass. Does anyone else hold off on purchases because of that lol

glad it's coming to more platforms tho I hear great things can't wait to try it

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I didn't have any problem reading the text on a 50 inch TV from about 7 foot away but I can't imagine trying to play the game on a handheld.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Tomorrow on Series ? surprise drop for sure on Gamepass (I whish)...I havent played yet but heard so many good things about it that I probably will be disappointed but still going to like it lol...

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Finally. Played a ton on PS5 but I need if on XSX, my primary platform and where I prefer to play WRPGs, especially.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Oh damn, it's on Switch today???
I've been waiting for this.

EDIT: Ah damn, not released yet for switch it looks like? I must have misread the "release dates and platforms" listing in the OP image.

Last edited:

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I want to play so bad but this screams game pass. Does anyone else hold off on purchases because of that lol
Yeah definitely, there's some stuff where I tend to wait just in case it comes to GP. Most of the time, that's stuff I was only semi-interested in and I usually end up purchasing it after playing it for a few hours anyway

But if it's something I'm really on board for, then I'm happy to throw some money at it when it releases.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I gave up on this game because the text size is ridiculously tiny, I can't fathom how this game would work on the switch.

I can't imagine reading all that text on a Switch screen, but hey.

Interested to see if they've done anything for the text size on Switch. I straight up can't play this on my TV because it's too small.
If worst comes to worst, there is the Switch Zoom function (that many people are not even aware of I believe)

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Hm, I have been waiting for this to hit Xbox, but was not aware of the text size concern. I might just go ahead and buy it on Stadia to play on my MBP.