• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.gamesradar.com/disco-elysium-switch-port/

Speaking exclusively to BBC 5live's 'Game On' podcast, which you can listen to here the game's art director Aleksander Rostov said that he was currently working on the design documents for the user interface ahead of migration to the popular portable device.
As Aleksander put it half jokingly to 5live's Adam Rosser, he was actually interrupting his work on the project.
Rostov's full comments were: "This interview is, at this very moment, interrupting me from writing up design documentation for the user interface and input systems for the Switch port".
Narrative lead Helen Hindpere followed that up with: "It's going to happen soon".

Wonderful news for folks such as myself who haven't bitten the bullet and would rather take the Disco with me wherever I go!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This is big.
Awesome news.

With Outer Worlds and DE two big western RPGs of last year are coming to the Switch, hope this trend continues.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
200.gif

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, will double-dip. I played through it only once and it feels like I saw a fraction of the game.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Now that made my day. I love the art style of this game and the concept. I really was hoping it would come to Switch.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Double dip time. Best game of last year, won't get surpassed this year either.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a Day 1 purchase for me, excited to play for the first time.

Oct 25, 2017
How do people who've played on Mouse and Keyboard feel it'll translate to switch? I know I want to try the game as some point and it's in depth on narrative, but really have no clue how it controls.

Ludon Bear

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 4, 2020
I wised, i played it on the Switch first. There is so much reading involved, it is like reading a good book. It just wasn't very comfy, doing it on a desk for many hours.

How do people who've played on Mouse and Keyboard feel it'll translate to switch? I know I want to try the game as some point and it's in depth on narrative, but really have no clue how it controls.
The game doesn't need the keyboard at all and i got sick of all the clicking. A controller is a better fit for the game, sine it isn't a strategy or tactic game at all.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
How technically demanding is the PC version? Wonder what kind of fidelity and performance we can expect on Switch.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Best RPG I've ever played. Console players are in for a treat.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing news for me, this is one of the few games that almost had me dust off the gaming PC this year, glad I held out.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I could have sworn this was announced already, not sure why.

I'll definitely replay this on Switch.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Heard a lot about this game, but I don't have a computer to play it.

Is it Baldurs Gate type of game? D&D?

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I don't think I will double dip but this is great news.
Game is excellent and I strongly recommend it.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
This better get a decent push from Nintendo. A short video showing off the different ways a scenario will affect future scenarios would be perfect.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
How technically demanding is the PC version? Wonder what kind of fidelity and performance we can expect on Switch.
Not much. A ten-year old hardware like mine could run it well enough (aiming for 30fps). At slightly reduced settings, Switch should be able to get a constant 720p/30fps on handheld mode.

OP: A port for PS4/Xbox One was also confirmed last year, in case anyone didn't know/forget it.

Ludon Bear

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 4, 2020
Heard a lot about this game, but I don't have a computer to play it.

Is it Baldurs Gate type of game? D&D?
Yes and no.There aren't any fights in the game, but you have skill-checks, which can different outcomes and apposes to problems. Actually It represent the rollplaying aspect of Pen n' Paper games better, then many other videogames, since creating your character though actions, interactions and failure is the meat of the game.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Yes!!! Now that I have finished Divinity Original Sin 2 on Switch, this was the next wrpg I was keen to play on the system.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yes! Been meaning to play this but didn't want to play on PC. This will be perfect to digest in bed at night.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Not much. A ten-year old hardware like mine could run it well enough (aiming for 30fps). At slightly reduced settings, Switch should be able to get a constant 720p/30fps on handheld mode.

OP: A port for PS4/Xbox One was also confirmed last year, in case anyone didn't know/forget it.

My pc is six years old and the game ran pretty bad. It's very heavy for some reason despite not looking like it should be so i don't really agree with your statement.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Truly one of the best games of last year, if not the decade. Hoping it comes to everything so nobody misses it.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I have been playing this on pc, but I'll be jonest and say I think I would rather complete this on Switch if given the choice.