• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't aware that this comes out on console. Great news. I've been eyeing this game since its furry days.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From DE Facebook account just now. And sorry, that's all the pixels they had.
d56gtJP.jpg

Thanks for this. These lot really have a way with words.

Useyourfist

Oct 13, 2019
Ahhh where is the release date!!! I was hopeful of early March, so that I can play through before nier. Looking less likely now!

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I wish there was a physical copy outside of that insane collectors edition.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate this thread because every time it gets bumped it makes me hope for a release date. (I'm sorry for bumping because I know there are others who will feel the same way about my post 🥲)

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I love that song. Mournful and kind of exuberant at the same time.
Yeah it perfectly fits the mood of the game
Just listened to this and then wanted to check out more of the OST, did it never release on the likes of Spotify?
Like someone else said its not on spotify yet but I hope it does get added. Some older BSP tracks are used in the game like for example the song Red Rock Riviera. For now though I ended up buying it on band camp
This is probably my favourite track. Just a wonderfully unexpected quest chain here. Both hopeful and melancholy.

That song is beautiful. I really enjoyed that part of the game, I wasn't expecting something like that
As a longtime fan of BSP, I'm delighted that Disco Elysium has drawn so many new fans.
Ive been liking this trend of games introducing me to new music from smaller bands. some other examples that come to mind are 65daysofstatic with No Mans Sky and Low Roar with Death Stranding

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ive been liking this trend of games introducing me to new music from smaller bands. some other examples that come to mind are 65daysofstatic with No Mans Sky and Low Roar with Death Stranding

Felt the same about HEALTH in Max Payne 3 and, well, pretty much all of Vinewood Boulevard Radio in GTAV.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Is it really still coming this month? They're not marketing it at all and we've seen zero console footage right?

They said on Twitter "it's still coming in March", last week.
But it's hard to believe, seeing as it's the half of March and we still don't even have a date, or a preorder page on PS Store. It's very sus.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
They said on Twitter "it's still coming in March", last week.
But it's hard to believe, seeing as it's the half of March and we still don't even have a date, or a preorder page on PS Store. It's very sus.
This really can't be good for launch sales right? There's like zero hype apart from us enthusiasts

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
This really can't be good for launch sales right? There's like zero hype apart from us enthusiasts

This game isn't going to be a big AAA seller. Overall, it was pretty niche and will remain that even with a bigger audience. It's not the type of game that's going to get a big marketing blitz and the company doing it is small and doesn't have a major publisher backing them or anything

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
This game isn't going to be a big AAA seller. Overall, it was pretty niche and will remain that even with a bigger audience. It's not the type of game that's going to get a big marketing blitz and the company doing it is small and doesn't have a major publisher backing them or anything
I understand but it seems like they're not even doing the bare minimum. Zero console footage, still no firm release date and no huge trailer detailing the additions to the Final Cut. I just hope the game does well

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I understand but it seems like they're not even doing the bare minimum. Zero console footage, still no firm release date and no huge trailer detailing the additions to the Final Cut. I just hope the game does well

They got moneyhatted by Sony for a timed exclusivity for some weird reason, I expect that money will allow them to be somewhat lax with marketing

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance this an April PS+ game? Not having a pre-order option so close to release is a little odd but not uncommon for games launching in a service.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
My main worry with this release is that the voice acting could be rough in spots (or doesn't fit the reading I had in my mind) and we won't be able to go back to the vanilla version, where only the first new lines were spoken. I wasn't a huge fan of the inner voices, for example — the ones you get during the opening and when you sleep.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, physical standard edition is coming later? Damn, I wanted to play this around June/July, but did not want to buy the digital version...

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is the kind of game you release at a quite time and rely on word of mouth. Now amount of artificial hype is going to improve on the real hype from the critical success and love it has received already.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
been looking forward to this one for ages now - is there a confirmed physical release for PS4/5 that's not the iam8bit LE? really excited here but i'm not dropping a few hundred on a game ive not yet played

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Added (still no release date) to the title so folks don't think they need to keep dipping in when they see the thread bumped.

Somebody just report the thread when there's new news and we'll update the title with the release date.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
I am most curious about how this game's control will translate to controller. I have not play the game myself but judging from videos, it's a mouse pointer-n-click kind of game so that doesn't usually translate well into a controller for me. Mostly because using the joystick to move the mouse can be imprecise and also very painfully slow.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am most curious about how this game's control will translate to controller. I have not play the game myself but judging from videos, it's a mouse pointer-n-click kind of game so that doesn't usually translate well into a controller for me. Mostly because using the joystick to move the mouse can be imprecise and also very painfully slow.
You can already use keyboard to drive your character around and it's kind of funny how almost no one realized that you can use space to trigger all the bubbles around Harry's head. Considering that there's no time pressure and you can highlight all the "orbs" it shouldn't really be a problem.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017

I would imagine it would work similar to Baldurs Gate, which actually works really well with a controller. While you can point and click, which makes sense for battles, when walking around you can move like normal games (you point stick up your character moves up)

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really like most CRPG's, like baldurs gate, diablo, etc. There's very few inputs and I don't believe anything requiring dexterity, so it should be an easy translation to gamepads. Left stick to move, maybe right stick to select from interactable objects, bish bash bosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.