• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eoinmoners

Oct 1, 2018
Oof, that release time is midnight Tues/Wed for me. Guess it's Wednesday to finally dive in! So excited.

Edit: I can't time

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
My first and only playthrough I did a very high Psyche with low motor, physique and medium intelligence

Think for my second playthrough with the Definitive Edition I'm going full blown Muscle head. High Physique and Motoric, no intelligence or psyche xD

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Thinking about going extreme id, addiction, instability for the DE playthrough. Shivers, electrochemistry, inland empire, not sure what else. Just make the poor bastard the worst wreck. No one he talks to will ever know if the weird Shivers hints are him picking up on something or just being fucking lost lol. Total opposite of my previous high logic/encyclopedia/perception playthrough.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
There doesn't seem to be anyway to pre-order or preload the game on Playstation? That's a bummer, but I'll still buy it ASAP.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Almost bit on this last week since I saw it on discount, but it feels like there's so much coming out this week I won't have time to dive in. With the unending positive buzz though, I've got to give it a try eventually. Hope the additional content is good!

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Nothing on PS consoles comes close other than PST Enhanced.

I have that one, i haven't played it yet but one of the reason i got was because i heard the writing is really strong.

I believe i will make a little time for DE first, really looking forward to play it and see the reason of all the buzz.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Can you name the protagonist?

Because this guy definitely looks like a Beauford Cannon.

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
My GOTY last year. Something special.

I'll just say that a lot of normal gaming notions are not exactly what they seem and things that suck or are annoying are because... that's what they are?
I had a lot of things click for me over time on how the 'skill' system was not a skill system.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to playing (and finishing this time) it on PS5. I've got the free update on PC but I think I'm more likely to commit if I play on console, it's been gathering dust waiting for Returnal, and it'll be nice to further support the game.

Looking forward too to new players reactions, a lot of people are about to be completely bowled over I think 😁

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Can you brute force your way through problems?

Even when its a wordy CRPG with a focus on dialog, I still like to find a way to intimidate, punch or evil asshole my way through things.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Can you brute force your way through problems?

Even when its a wordy CRPG with a focus on dialog, I still like to find a way to intimidate, punch or evil asshole my way through things.
Not all the time of course, but there are several situations where you can or need to use authority and intimidation and sometimes physical force will do it. These will still be rolls though, so nothing is guaranteed. Just a higher chance of success when you have the right stats, thoughts and items.

As an example from the fairly beginning, you need to get past this one dude, you can sneak to find alternate route, you can find a keycard, he can let you pass with just talking (though there's a non-monetary price for it), or you can kick his ass.

Last edited:

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for the standard physical edition to go up for this...can't believe the vendor started with just an LE...kind of shady.

Really looking forward to this whenever that is!

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Why was there a recast? That moment when you first meet him was definitely a "wtf am I playing?!" Moment for me.

The actor who played Cuno, Dot Major, is in a bad called London Grammar and they're putting out an album next month. Also, he played another character, and he seemed to have scheduling issues to play these parts again.

Excited for more people to play this game! It's a masterpiece.

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
Purchased on steam, just waiting on this update to go live. Glad I waited on finally playing this game. Watched Cohh play a little bit this morning and this looks right up my alley.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I own it on Steam but never played it (it's one of my wife's favourite games in years though) and I'm looking forward to playing it on PS5 with her watching.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Since it's not even getting the typical pre-order state of PSN entry and only a direct playable version, I'll hope it maybe gets available a little bit early by accident. Wouldn't be the first time. Maybe via webstore, let's hope the internet detectives are working in the next 20 hours 🤞.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The actor who played Cuno, Dot Major, is in a bad called London Grammar and they're putting out an album next month. Also, he played another character, and he seemed to have scheduling issues to play these parts again.

Excited for more people to play this game! It's a masterpiece.
Ahhhhh that's a relief was worried he turned up to be some shit head racist.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
So, i assume the writing in this game is excellent right?
I don't know if there could be some piece of interactive fiction or some other obscure game that tops it, but in my experience it is literally the best written game I've ever played. It's far more ambitious on that end than anything else that I've ever seen. Planescape Torment, which is the most similar game I can think of, has a comparable abundance of text, but it's definitely not as well written.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Have they said how the upgrade works on Steam?

If I install the base game today will it patch it to Final Cut? Or will the base game in my library disappear and be replaced with FC? Or will it just be a separate entry to my library?