• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Discord's newest feature, called Go Live, is something like a middle ground between livestreaming to the entire internet and playing a game with your friends on the couch. The new feature, which Discord announced on Friday morning, will allow users to stream their gameplay directly to friends using the Discord client. The feature is set to roll out on Aug. 15.

Go Live broadcasts will only be available to users currently in the same Discord voice channel as the stream's host. Each Discord Go Live stream can host up to 10 people, including the streamer themselves.

Discord Go Live can be activated or deactivated at any time either through Discord's desktop app, or while playing a game directly through the in-game overlay. The streams themselves will automatically be broadcast to viewers at 720p, however Nitro Classic users will have the option to upgrade their streams to 1080p, while standard Nitro users will have the ability to stream at 4K.

Discord_go_live.png

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Screen Share still exists.
Screen Share definitely gives a performance hit, looking up more info from the devs, it prioritizes NVENC right now which means minimal load on nvidia cards.
Our screen share only started receiving NVENC support recently as we started rolling out Go Live. Unlike Screenshare, Go Live also does all its work completely on the GPU while screenshare still captures outside of the GPU. Once Go Live is released I suggest you try again :)

Also, setting up Group Chats/DMs for Screen Sharing is a hassle. This is significantly easier to setup, join your server, Go Live

Mar 19, 2019
Screen Share definitely gives a performance hit, looking up more info from the devs, it prioritizes NVENC right now which means minimal load on nvidia cards.

Also, setting up Group Chats/DMs for Screen Sharing is a hassle. This is significantly easier to setup, join your server, Go Live
Well, I meant specifically for sharing non-game stuff, of course.

Oct 27, 2017
But couldn't you already share the screen via a Discord call? Also why should I ever use this when stuff like Parsec exists?

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
There is already a built-in screen share feature for Servers (It's just hidden behind a Link for now). So The setup is the same except it doesn't have the (LIVE) Indicator.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
For some reason I was thinking it was something like Nvidia's remote local co-op. Still kinda cool.