• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Damn. Just based on the description, this sounds like it could be amazing (modeled after CObert) . This along with the Dune series are the most intriguing to me.

We have learned that a new 'Sesame Street' spin-off series is in development for WarnerMedia's upcoming streaming service HBO Max, the main 'Sesame Street' series has been airing on the main HBO service since 2016. 'The Not Too Late Show With Elmo' is in active development for HBO Max, Benjamin Lehmann will executive produce and direct the pilot and Mindy Fila & Stephanie Longardo will executive produce the series. Plot details are vague but will likely be a children's parody series of 'The Late Show With Stephen Colbert'.

Benjamin Lehmann is known for directing and executive producing various episodes of the 'Sesame Street' series for HBO. Mindy Fila has previously worked on HBO's 'Sesame Street' series as the coordinating producer with Stephanie Longardo previously working as a line producer on the 'Sesame Street' series.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
hIz5hLK.jpg

we just ripping off tove lo videos now hbo??

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Gods, I hate Elmo.

Put Telly in there and you have some gold, or how about Grover, Big Bird as SatoAilDarko wisely stated, anyone but that annoying little red shit.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Yeahhhh I don't hate the Elmo character or anything, but you couldn't pay me to listen to its voice for any extended amount of time

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Oscar the Grouch would be a better host, unless they use other muppets as segment hosts?

opus

Oct 25, 2017
One of the last meetings I was in before I left HBO a couple months ago was an all hands with programming, and they showed this and a bunch of stuff in the development pipeline. This got one of the biggest reactions in the room out of everything they showed. WarnerMedia is definitely coming to play with original programming for Max.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
One of the last meetings I was in before I left HBO a couple months ago was an all hands with programming, and they showed this and a bunch of stuff in the development pipeline. This got one of the biggest reactions in the room out of everything they showed. WarnerMedia is definitely coming to play with original programming for Max.
What other stuff? 👀

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This could be amazing or go completely wrong. Getting kids into Punditry feels like some dystopian shit

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

NDA?

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Like it or not, Elmo is considered the face of Sesame Street isn't he?
But it ends up being a feedback loop, he is popular so he gets more screentime and in turn he gets more popular and thus gets more screentime. And on it goes.

Sesame Street is still one of the better kids educational programs out there but it used to be much easier to watch as a non-child because Elmo and his shrill everything wasn't omnipresent. But now he is basically the default character and it gets so annoying when they have so many other characters who they could use and whose voice and demeanor isn't excruciating.

The world would be a better place if Prairie Dawn was the rightful queen of Sesame Street. Or Zoe. Or even Abby.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
My daughter if she wasn't two and fully understood me, would be ecstatic and I'll be having some giggles. Elmo at a desk would crack her up.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Hey, no whining about Elmo's puppeteer (yet), I'm impressed.

I'd be into this, although I would probably pick Grover over Elmo.

And that Cookie Monster bit with John Oliver was pretty good too, though I don't think it would be as good stretched out.

opus

Oct 25, 2017

Basically. They showed us both HBO original programming (most of which has been announced by this point), and some Max original programming stuff (almost none of which has started filming yet). So the latter is likely to change a bunch, but I thought the Elmo concept was great they way it was pitched, so I hope that version sees the light of day.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
This may be a dumb question.

How does Disney own the rights to the Muppets but Sesame Street is on WarnerMedia platforms?

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
This may be a dumb question.

How does Disney own the rights to the Muppets but Sesame Street is on WarnerMedia platforms?

Jim Henson Company sold to some Europe company. Europe Company sold off Sesame Street. Jim Henson Company bought back Muppets/Fraggle Rock/Dark Crystal. Sold Muppets to DIsney.,

Sesame Street was bought by the Sesame Street COmpany? Which then sold it to Time Warner. Or something like that.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Feel like Grover would make more sense. Elmo is a kid, Grover would be a much more natural host.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like Grover would make more sense. Elmo is a kid, Grover would be a much more natural host.

Look, I didn't listen to Grover when he told me not to get to the end of that book and I'm certainly not going to listen to him as a late night host.

I'd much rather have Bert or Ernie as a host.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't want to make a new thread I just binged this. What a great show. This is what the muppets wished it was.