• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

It looks great, but the Gravicycle takes up too much of the screen. Like goddamn, it's almost over 50 percent.

Last edited:

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
The parts on the side remind me of the Darkness tentacles.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Having a slow moving vehicle in your multiplayer FPS certainly is a bold choice.

Should be fine for the PVE gameplay.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested in the story, but yeah, the rest is reeaaaally not for me. It looks chaotic, cluttered and just.. not fun.

And yeah, whose idea was it to have the vehicle take up so much of the screen? Claustrophobic as fuck.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm interested in the story, but yeah, the rest is reeaaaally not for me. It looks chaotic, cluttered and just.. not fun.

And yeah, whose idea was it to have the vehicle take up so much of the screen? Claustrophobic as fuck.
It is a little odd, since they want to push a more tactical feel, yet restrict how much you can actually see.

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
Nah fam, this ain't it.

As others have said, wow that UI is cluttered. We get it the grav-cycles look cool and set your game apart but they take up a lot of the game screen. I bet it'd be nice in 21:9 but let's not fool ourselves into thinking that's anything but an outlier. At best it's something you ignore after 10 minutes, at worst it is distracting and taking away real estate for things you need to be looking at. It's a problem I've been having with a number of fps games, particularly Destiny - the gun models can take up like 1/4 of the screen in some cases & this dials that up further.

It's a floaty fps with AI buddies that you can command. That's not anywhere near as revolutionary as Lehto and the game's PR have been suggesting. Oh well, i hope they do well but it's definitely not for me.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Not gonna lie, this game probably wont survive long enough. The styling is very bland, it does not stand out. Because the concept sound cool and the game-play looks decent enough.

OP
OP
MilesQ

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, this game probably wont survive long enough. The styling is very bland, it does not stand out. Because the concept sound cool and the game-play looks decent enough.

It has a single player component too and the multiplayer allows for players to dip their toes in when they want and not feel left behind by OP players, but yeah, I don't know about the longevity of the multiplayer here.

Maybe it plays better than it looks.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The cycle is way WAY too big too. Not just in the first person view, but like the actual model outside in the world. It looks like it barely fits in there. It's just awkward.
I thought you'd have like, one guy on the cycle and then your buddies on the ground. But instead it being THIS is....baffling to me.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
I think that the game would have much better game feel if they kept the core idea but maybe with a normal leader ground unit and/or maybe a mech or something,
It just that vehicle thing is not doing it for me, looks awkward and not as smooth as it should be.

Thank god they have SP mode that they can fall into because that didn't look too hot tbh.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
It is a little odd, since they want to push a more tactical feel, yet restrict how much you can actually see.

It really doesn't make any sense at all to me as far as design decisions go.

What a bummer. I love scifi stuff so had it been a pure, squad-based FPS game (like Halo but with AI pals) or a pure squad-based RTS game (almost like a RTwP CRPG, actually) I would've been so in, but this sort of a hybrid between the two with the floating, floaty bike that doesn't seem like it's gonna be any fun to control seems kind of awful to me. I'll check out the beta when it happens and if the story seems good and they do a fair amount of streamlining the game between now and the release I might check it out for the campaign, but I'm gonna keep my expectations veeeery low.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I would have REALLY liked it if this was a squad based game with one person always being "air support"

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
That looks busy as fuck, but will have to see how the singleplayer side is, multiplayer doesnt interest me anyway

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
I love the way Americans say 'Vehicles'. It's like their pronunciation around the word 'Mirror'. Pronunciation difficulties on a National scale :-D

Jokes and casual observations aside, game looks great! I love Mr Lehto's work on the halo series.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I think it can work better if you the player are way higher in the sky rather than being on the "ground" with your troopers.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey, remember those Halo matches that had Ghost-only battles? Let's make that the whole game!"

I mean, it's bold. Just...how many people will resonate with that?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear a beta is planned. It's a curious style for multiplayer but I'm excited to give it a go.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

yeah this, the game look interesting but look at this:

giphy.gif

70% of screen covered by giant weapons and giant arms, you really can't see a damn thing... hope you can do something about this on PC at least.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
yeah this, the game look interesting but look at this:

giphy.gif

70% of screen covered by giant weapons and giant arms, you really can't see a damn thing... hope you can do something about this on PC at least.
This is definitely the biggest problem I see for me personally. The first person model is just too damn large, not to mention the UI as a whole is pretty clunky. On the other hand I'm actually super down for the concept but it's really something I need to get my hands on as it's kind of hard to get a feel for how the game plays with this footage. I also have a feeling the tighter city maps won't be where this games MP shines, I really liked the look of the more open rural style map that was in the actual trailer.

Last edited:

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Looks interesting and a breath of fresh air from all the bog standard FPS games about. It's trying to do something different and I imagine it'll be recieved like Evolve and Lawbreakers sadly.

kaftan

Oct 27, 2017
Well, my hopes were that players would be able to control characters on foot - with how recent Halos fare, seeing those large open areas with such a beautiful art style, many different units and a destructible environment - that got me really hoping, so obviously I'm little let down by the fact that it's only those hoover bikes - but however hectic the multiplayer gameplay looks, I'm sure that single player will be more smoothly paced - and I'm all about that campaign. And I think that your squad being all unique characters with their own stories sounds very interesting.

Also hard agree on how awfully limited the view is, first thing that popped into my head while watching this. They totally need to reduce all that clutter by like 60%.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
What's the problem with framerate in almost every Gamescom gameplay?

Vomit inducing.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It sounds really fun. Some of the UI choices though aren't good. Stuff flashing up and filling the whole screen? Nah....

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Looks interesting at least. Titanfall Titan combat meets RTS. Looks like it might run into the Battleborne / Evolve issue of not knowing what the hell is going on from all the effects combined with the viewpoint.

Oct 30, 2017
The fact that your on this gravicycle the whole time is a really bizarre decision. Especially because the studio was just pushing this brand new character. I'd like to see him not behind a big machine the whole time.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
I agree. It's a shame Era is so damn negative about nearly everything these days.

Edge have seen a much bigger chunk of the game, including the SP, and they really loved what they saw, so that sounds really promising.

I mean, Edge probably payed a shit ton of money to get exclusive first look and news on the game, I seriously doubt they would then proceed to shit all over it.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Wait, so you are just a ship/riding a ship the whole time? So it is Descent/Forsaken?