Disney brings back James Gunn for Guardians of the Galaxy 3

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking shit. Welcome back you beautiful bastard. I'm glad we made a lot of noise when he was unjustly fired.

Oct 27, 2017
The second half of your post was "and the fact that Feige fought for him. Fuck Disney." When actually it was Disney, and the Disney exec who had fired Gunn himself, that brought him back.

I mean yeah, if Gunn didn't love working with Marvel and doing the GOTG movies, he wouldn't be coming back...but isn't that obvious? What would he be coming back to if not the movie he was fired off of? lol
I'm supposing that Feige is the one who changed their minds. And still fuck Disney.

Big_Blue

Dec 12, 2017
Good for him. I totally understood why they fired him in the first place, but it's good to see Disney change their tune.

Howdyjacker

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I really didn't think Disney would allow this to happen considering there stance originally.

I'm actually relieved and happy.

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
This is such a surprise but I'm very happy about it. Not only for GOTG but it left me with such a bad impression of Disney.

Andrew Lucas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Weren't people calling him gross in the thread back in July? And that his jokes were offensive and everything? Now everyone is hugging him back? I don't get it.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Suicide Squad starts production in September. Filming will be done by January.

If Gunn moves over to Guardians 3 in spring 2020, it can absolutely make a 2021 release.

Guardians 2 filmed from February to June and released in May of the following year.
There’s still a hell of a lot more work to be done after filming. Gunn wouldn’t be able to jump over to Guardians 3 in just a few months.