• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Disney brings back James Gunn for Guardians of the Galaxy 3

Oct 27, 2017
He's still a piece of shit and celebrating this is gross.
Nobody is saying what he said years ago wasn't disgusting. But it's not gross to see someone changing and becoming a better person and people being happy that he got his job back after the alt-right tried to perform a smear campaign.

Oct 25, 2017
Providence / Boston
Gunn’s doing Suicide Squad 2 before Guardians 3. It won’t be coming out that soon.
Suicide Squad starts production in September. Filming will be done by January.

If Gunn moves over to Guardians 3 in spring 2020, it can absolutely make a 2021 release.

Guardians 2 filmed from February to June and released in May of the following year.

Oct 27, 2017
The second half of your post was "and the fact that Feige fought for him. Fuck Disney." When actually it was Disney, and the Disney exec who had fired Gunn himself, that brought him back.

I mean yeah, if Gunn didn't love working with Marvel and doing the GOTG movies, he wouldn't be coming back...but isn't that obvious? What would he be coming back to if not the movie he was fired off of? lol
I'm supposing that Feige is the one who changed their minds. And still fuck Disney.

Oct 27, 2017
I had Draxx pegged as staying dead in IW because Bautista might have been doubtful for GotG 3 because of Gunn's firing. Now I'm not so sure.

Damn, he makin DC and Marvel money now
If he's not already there after the success of the first two GotG movies, he's about to be "fuck you" rich.

Oct 27, 2017
Suicide Squad starts production in September. Filming will be done by January.

If Gunn moves over to Guardians 3 in spring 2020, it can absolutely make a 2021 release.

Guardians 2 filmed from February to June and released in May of the following year.
There’s still a hell of a lot more work to be done after filming. Gunn wouldn’t be able to jump over to Guardians 3 in just a few months.

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't people calling him gross in the thread back in July? And that his jokes were offensive and everything? Now everyone is hugging him back? I don't get it.
You can still do that and realize that he’s changed for the better in the near decade since those tweets were made.