• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Disney brings back James Gunn for Guardians of the Galaxy 3

Oct 28, 2017
I figured the guy was trolling and just trying to stir shit, but I'd still rather confront it with the facts as they are.

I loathe this attitude online of 1) branding a person with accusations based on literally no actual evidence, just to incite hysteria and controversy, and 2) denying a person redemption and failing to recognise their ownership and growth.
I appreciate you taking the time, it's nice to have a concise summary as a reminder of what exactly happened.
this is the most definite more masterful masterpiece
I can't believe I never saw this, that's amazing!

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me wrong it was a good movie. But not better than the first in my opinion. Not even close.
I'm with you. Think the first one is much better. The second one had a really bad script. Not very funny and characters who just could not stop talking about how emotionally damaged they are. I get it, I don't need the film to continuously let me know how Rocket is a real softie beneath his irascible exterior or how Yondu is so much like Rocket, coming straight from the characters mouth themselves. That's just one example of the many character interactions in the film. I also didn't like the visuals in this that much. Ego's planet may have been deliberately designed to look like a garish painting but that doesn't change the fact that it looks garish.

Oct 28, 2017
Don't get me wrong it was a good movie. But not better than the first in my opinion. Not even close.
Depends on how you approach the movie I guess. I followed GOTG from the initial announcement all the way to its final trailer, and I find the movie itself is just ok. From the trailers and premise, I expected something alot better than just a basic "how the team get together". Doesn't help that the fight sequence is wayyy inferior to Winter Soldier released a few months prior.

V2 is better to me because it nailed the strong character and emotional moment (for multiple characters even), something I wanted from the first movie. It even replaced the action of only consisting fight sequence with flashier set pieces, and it greatly helps hiding Gunn's weak spot.

Dec 5, 2017
So wait, not only does James get to play around with the DC universe, but enough time will have passed that he'll also have access to Silver Surfer, Galactus, Annihilus, and whoever else is in the cosmic end of the marvel universe that was locked away because of Fox?

Literally best case scenario happened?

Oct 27, 2017
In more positive things

This is arguably the best scene in both movies

Not a fan tbh. It turns a massacre into a cool scene. I mean I get it, it's an action comic book film and killing off the bad guys is par for the course but this scene is a bit too celebratory for my taste. I understand the appeal though, it's a likeable character showing off the extent of their powers.

I’m confused, why is everyone cheering his return? He gets a pass for his offensive Tweets but others don’t? What am I missing here because obviously, I am missing something.

Edit:
I just reread those Tweets and they are awful! This forum pick and choose who to accept and forgive based on what?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018
Not a fan tbh. It turns a massacre into a cool scene. I mean I get it, it's an action comic book film and killing off the bad guys is par for the course but this scene is a bit too celebratory for my taste.
I mean, isn't that the whole premise of movies like John Wick?

Don't think the movie is at fault here.
I’m confused, why is everyone cheering his return? He gets a pass for his offensive Tweets but others don’t? What am I missing here because obviously, I am missing something.
I dunno, his tweets were bad, but if people can't get the chance to change and redeem themselves (which he seemed to have done), why bother and calling them out on it, you know? At least that's how I feel.