• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I'm bumping this thread because I'd like to say a few things:

I see Era as my internet "home". It's not the place my real life friends post, but it's the place where I find people from all around the world that love the same things as I do. It's a place that allows me and all of us to grow and educate themselves to become better human beings as well. Sawing all these posts while I was banned warmed my heart a lot, even more so than seeing that Gunn was reinstated as the director of Vol. 3.

But I also wanna say that I take full responsibility on why I was banned, not only the last time, but the several other occasions before. I'm fully aware that the moderation and admin team - and Era, as a whole - didn't have any obligations of allowing me to come back. Posting on Era isn't a right, but a privilege, and a privilege I've abused. Sometimes, for my short temper, others for my impulsiveness and very few occasions with good - but yet misguided - intentions.

I've asked to the Era admin and moderation team one last shot to prove my worth to the community. I know that my temper got the best of me several times in the past, but I truly value Era and I see it as a place of personal growth, a place with people that allow me to grow and educate myself as an human being. If I walk out of the line, you all can be pretty sure that I won't ask for another chance. I've asked this shot to prove my worth, because Era matters one hell lot to me, and at the height of my 38 years on this Earth I'm not ashamed to acknowledge that. I'm aware that I need to restrain myself and control my temper, because truly in my heart of hearts I never intend to act like an asshole there, but I know that I need to learn to recompose myself and these 3 plus months have taught me that.

I want to thank the admin and mod teams on Era for this opportunity and for giving me this one shot.

I love all of you. I love Era. With every bit of my heart:

tumblr_nqq1w9ynzn1rqlhx5o1_500.gif
tenor.gif

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I HAVE FAMOUSLY HUGE TURDS
I have sensitive nipples...
Did you make a penis?

Yeah, 2's humor was really bad, most of the time. It's a shame because every other aspect of the movie was spectacular.
Those are like the same three lines always brought up though. That isn't the humor of the whole movie.

Even then, the juvenile humor from drax can be excused because it's not the juvenile part that is funny about it. Drax being super blundt and trying to fit in is the humor, and also his character.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I fundamentally disagree in that I think GOTG2 was vastly, vastly superior to 1. It's much better written and emotionally complex. The first was just humorous, but the second one was humorous while also making a point about emotional abuse and growing past your parents. The first has a weak villain and not much else going for it beyond the novelty of the tone. I basically agree with Lindsay Ellis here:

Guardians 1 was the better cosmic adventure, with a tone and pace that reminded of stuff like Pirates, Mummy, and Indy. Guardians 2 is more confident in pretty much all aspects - the humor, the visuals, the cosmic imagination, the characters and their stories, etc - but I felt it lacked the "outcasts and rogues thrown together on an adventure" tone and vibe that the first movie nailed so well.

So 2 is the better story but the 1 has the more entertaining movie IMO

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gotg2 had higher highs though. Some sequences like the slow mo arrow scene abord Mary Poppin's ship were just stunning

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those are like the same three lines always brought up though. That isn't the humor of the whole movie.

Even then, the juvenile humor from drax can be excused because it's not the juvenile part that is funny about it. Drax being super blundt and trying to fit in is the humor, and also his character.
There's also that with people taking these jokes out of context/character.

Guardians 1 was the better cosmic adventure, with a tone and pace that reminded of stuff like Pirates, Mummy, and Indy. Guardians 2 is more confident in pretty much all aspects - the humor, the visuals, the cosmic imagination, the characters and their stories, etc - but I felt it lacked the "outcasts and rogues thrown together on an adventure" tone and vibe that the first movie nailed so well.

So 2 is the better story but the 1 has the more entertaining movie IMO
Did we watch the same GOTG 2?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

I see Era as my internet "home". It's not the place my real life friends post, but it's the place where I find people from all around the world that love the same things as I do. It's a place that allows me and all of us to grow and educate themselves to become better human beings as well. Sawing all these posts while I was banned warmed my heart a lot, even more so than seeing that Gunn was reinstated as the director of Vol. 3.

But I also wanna say that I take full responsibility on why I was banned, not only the last time, but the several other occasions before. I'm fully aware that the moderation and admin team - and Era, as a whole - didn't have any obligations of allowing me to come back. Posting on Era isn't a right, but a privilege, and a privilege I've abused. Sometimes, for my short temper, others for my impulsiveness and very few occasions with good - but yet misguided - intentions.

I've asked to the Era admin and moderation team one last shot to prove my worth to the community. I know that my temper got the best of me several times in the past, but I truly value Era and I see it as a place of personal growth, a place with people that allow me to grow and educate myself as an human being. If I walk out of the line, you all can be pretty sure that I won't ask for another chance. I've asked this shot to prove my worth, because Era matters one hell lot to me, and at the height of my 38 years on this Earth I'm not ashamed to acknowledge that. I'm aware that I need to restrain myself and control my temper, because truly in my heart of hearts I never intend to act like an asshole there, but I know that I need to learn to recompose myself and these 3 plus months have taught me that.

I want to thank the admin and mod teams on Era for this opportunity and for giving me this one shot.

Holy crap Zatt's back!!!!

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
There's also that with people taking these jokes out of context/character.

Did we watch the same GOTG 2?
I mean, GOTG 1 literally has a prison break sequence and a large chunk of the story is these disparate rogues becoming friends, first as allies over money then as a team.

In GOTG 2, the group's already established, and then they spend a lot of the movie split up. It doesn't exactly have that same "cosmic Mummy/Pirates-type" movie that the first did

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Welcome back, dude.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Both Guardians movies have really bad humor. The emotional scenes in 2 are stronger so it wins by default imo.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

He hath returned.

giphy.gif

Let me guess you're home?

Oct 27, 2017

tumblr_inline_orawbleWD91ruxw3w_400.gif

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Welcome back zatt when I saw this thread for the first time, I though about you I'm glad that you are back and in the end you were right :)

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Do you have video of the dance-off you won at Disney HQ that led to Gunn's rehiring ?

Real story, not joking:

I was at the Fire Department of my hometown talking with a fireman over a car accident lawsuit that I'm preparing for a client. I literally screamed over the counter, because I casually opened Twitter in the same instant that Borys Kit tweeted the news, by sheer coincidence. Then I instantly opened Era, saw you all celebrating and mentioning me, set my twitter account to public and tweeted the tweet that Manabyte and others shared here. I couldn't hold the conversation straight while doing that because well, priorities.

After I got my shit together somewhat, I told the fireman why I was so excited and he told me his son in law (which I oddly discovered was an old acquaintance) and his daughter love superhero films as well and asked to leave their kids at his home, so they could go watch Captain Marvel. I barely could work that afternoon, but damn it was a good day, haha.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania

Nice, welcome back homie.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Welcome back buddy. I love your passion for the MCU and it was a little quite without you participating in these threads

Shazz

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017

I mean we formally havent met yet but glad to have you back, fellow MCU fan!!!!!!!!

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

Zatt's good.

Zatt's Damn Good.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
I fundamentally disagree in that I think GOTG2 was vastly, vastly superior to 1. It's much better written and emotionally complex. The first was just humorous, but the second one was humorous while also making a point about emotional abuse and growing past your parents. The first has a weak villain and not much else going for it beyond the novelty of the tone. I basically agree with Lindsay Ellis here:

I watched her video when it first came out and agreed on a lot of fronts.

Gunn IS a great director, he's great at writing characters and interactions. There was def a ton of emotional highs in vol 2.

That being said ... I can't really remember where ANYTHING memorable event in that movie takes place in the time line of that movie cause ... the story structure wasn't there. Like Gamora's big emotional fight with Nebula. I remember it the most of anything in the movie. Gamora picks up a gun the size of a damn minivan. The whole "I wanted a sister" talk. When the fuck did that happen? IDK ...

I remember Rocket in a forest at night ... I THINK he interacted with Nebula there. Rocket had an emotional talk with Yondu ...I can't remember when that happened. I think they got captured and broke free? The ending fight was silly with Pac Man and the whole dad ego thing seemed lame af and only served to show who Peter's Real Dad was before all his dad's died.
I also remember how I didn't like that the first movie showed them going from strangers to family and the 2nd just has them all break up and do their own thing with other people.

It's not like I watched GoTG 1 anymore than vol 2, it's just got a far better story structure that follows the main cast of characters in a natural progression through memorable settings. It focuses on this group instead of splintering off into 3 or 4 stories, focusing on them addressing things with outside people.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, my girlfriend and I usually love a more emotional focus, but we found GotG2 to be overly hokey and sentimental instead of well written and moving in that regard.

We loved the first film, we thought he second was a mixed bag... but we really liked the crew in Infinity War.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Zoe Saldana couldn't be happier that James Gunn has been reinstated as director of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

ET's Ash Crossan spoke with the actress at the Los Angeles press day for her upcoming film, Missing Link, where she opened up about her reaction to Gunn rejoining Guardians. He was fired by Disney in July after controversial jokes he made nearly a decade ago resurfaced on Twitter.

"I'm proud of him. I'm happy that he's coming back," Saldana said of Gunn. "I'm so proud of Disney, actually, that all the leaders right now behind that big corporation decided to lead by example, and spreading the word and the message of redemption is important."

Source: https://www.etonline.com/zoe-saldan...guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-director-122441

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Gonna pour a drink too. Cheers Zatt.
And damn I was so soured with all this BS with Gunn, I'm legit more excited for Endgame now that the air is cleared.
I recently watched Infinity War before we found out about James Gunn coming back and when I got to the part where the GotG come in, I felt so melancholic because of the whole situation that had happened and it always stuck with me throughout the whole movie.

But now that James Gunn is back everything is super happy now! Makes me really glad.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I recently watched Infinity War before we found out about James Gunn coming back and when I got to the part where the GotG come in, I felt so melancholic because of the whole situation that had happened and it always stuck with me throughout the whole movie.

But now that James Gunn is back everything is super happy now! Makes me really glad.

Avengers: Infinity War - Super Happy Movie!

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I got to finally go on Guardians Breakout tonight and it was funny to see the filmed scenes and apparently Gunn filmed those too.

Quinton

Specialist at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love

We've never really interacted much but reading this post was awesome. Welcome back, man.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Was wondering why this thread was bumped.

Welcome back, Zatt. Good to hear you took the time off to think about things in regards to how you were on here and that you intend to make positive changes in your behavior going forward.