• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Was there plausible speculation or actual quotes as to why?

The only thing i read was they were hunting for a new director but nothing came from them. I can't tell if it was true or just a ruse. Can't help but believe Disney has never planned on really getting rid of him. Just let that shit die down.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
yo so he got fired, go the job for Suicide Squad 2 and then got the job back for Guardians 3.

Dude is fuckin ballin now lmao

Lone

Mar 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Say what you want about Disney but they have had quite the winning media streak this past week.

A marvelous opening for Captain Marvel, a director announcement for Shang-Chi, stealth dropping an Avengers: Endgame trailer, and announcing that James Gunn is back on board for GOTG3.

Insane.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
No, they'll film Guardians 3 in 2020. I'd say fall 2021 at the latest for Guardians 3.
this seems extremely implausible given the kind of schedule that'd necessitate (filming two big-budget films more or less back-to-back, with overlapping schedules for pre-production on GOTG3 and post-production on SS2)

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, I literally laughed out loud when I read it. Fuck off Disney for firing him in the first place

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Cut to Gunn and Bautista doing an elaborate, minutes long handshake while Pratt yells "I was praying for you!" in the background

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Hilarious. I hope he charges them twice as much. Regardless, they fucked up and it cost them an extended delay, a bunch of good will, and achieved exactly nothing. Good job, Disney.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
They about to finish Guardians then have dude do a new trilogy with a newly acquired Fox franchise or something.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
we're going to get a lot of forced equivalence on this and the Tucker Carlson thing, so to be clear: there's no way to frame Gunn's jokes as anything but really horrible jokes. That's worlds apart from Carlson maybe adding a bit of edginess while he spent hours and hours sharing his actual awful opinions on a wide range of topics.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
All according to keikaku
Death-Note-Gif-Light-Yagami-Kira-Evil-Laugh-The-Last-Episode.gif

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
I'll bet they actually reversed their decision early on (like immediately after), but didn't say anything and went with it. Considering it came from the higher ups they probably couldn't just immediately reverse the decision, optics and all.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
What he said was fucking grim, but it was also 7-12 years in the past. Firing him felt like a foolish kneejerk response

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking shit. Welcome back you beautiful bastard. I'm glad we made a lot of noise when he was unjustly fired.

tumblr_ouh16mCjQM1w19tn3o4_250.gif

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He's still a piece of shit and celebrating this is gross.

Nobody is saying what he said years ago wasn't disgusting. But it's not gross to see someone changing and becoming a better person and people being happy that he got his job back after the alt-right tried to perform a smear campaign.

Oct 27, 2017
The second half of your post was "and the fact that Feige fought for him. Fuck Disney." When actually it was Disney, and the Disney exec who had fired Gunn himself, that brought him back.

I mean yeah, if Gunn didn't love working with Marvel and doing the GOTG movies, he wouldn't be coming back...but isn't that obvious? What would he be coming back to if not the movie he was fired off of? lol
I'm supposing that Feige is the one who changed their minds. And still fuck Disney.

Howdyjacker

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I really didn't think Disney would allow this to happen considering there stance originally.

I'm actually relieved and happy.