• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
This is such a surprise but I'm very happy about it. Not only for GOTG but it left me with such a bad impression of Disney.

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Andrew Lucas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Weren't people calling him gross in the thread back in July? And that his jokes were offensive and everything? Now everyone is hugging him back? I don't get it.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Suicide Squad starts production in September. Filming will be done by January.

If Gunn moves over to Guardians 3 in spring 2020, it can absolutely make a 2021 release.

Guardians 2 filmed from February to June and released in May of the following year.

There's still a hell of a lot more work to be done after filming. Gunn wouldn't be able to jump over to Guardians 3 in just a few months.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the right choice. What he said wasn't ok but its clear the person he is today isn't the same person he was back then and the alt right shouldn't be allowed to tarnish the career of an ally who made mistakes over 10 years ago.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
This could not have worked out better. We are getting the GOTG we deserve, and we get a [hopefully] good Suicide Squad movie.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Honestly, i'm pretty sure Disney did the math and realised that besides GOTG3 being a sure fire hit that will net them hundreds of millions again anyway, this move will actually make THEM look good now as well, kind of like how a just King would show mercy to one of their subjects and be lauded for that...

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
The jokes were tasteless but they were try hard shock jokes, from another time in his life. With no subsequent pattern of behaviour in the subsequent years, they date from a time that predated his films for Disney that were perfectly wholesome, carry positive messages about friendship and family and redemption, and earned the mouse over a billion dollars. Fuck the alt reich scum. Some of the people who 'outed' the jokes have said equally reprehensible things and haven't offered anything approaching apologies for their own actions, they even tried to warp the meaning of some tweets to try and slander him as an actual pedophile. Disney jumped the gun in firing him in the first place, but given their brand the reaction was more than understandable. Good on them for considering the broader circumstances and having the guts to rehire him. It'll be a better film for his involvement, he'll get to finish what he started. I know I'll certainly go to the theatre with greater confidence and I'm happy fascist shitheels have lost a scalp. I wouldn't blame him if he never gets involved with twitter and the Trumpsphere ever again though.

Providing this is true, I'm happy for him, happy for the cast and I can't wait for the film. The first film was my first date with my girlfriend and the gotg films have moved me much more than some of the other cape films have. There's heart in them and I hope the third has even more.

I never felt that mistakes made on the internet should condemn people professionally for life, but of course intent, character and a sense of remorse or regret are things that matter. That's what separates the likes of Gunn from Roseanne Barr. Some people are obnoxious or stupid on the internet from a place of stubborn, unapologetic hatred.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
So will the alt-right go after him even harder now that Disney brought him back on board despite their best efforts