• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It sounded (Not sure if it was from this article) that other directors were never even in contact to replace. So... I guess they were waiting for the ful scenario to play out but hedging their bets as well?

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
It was a really stupid decision in the first place but now he's in an unprecedented position.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
WC6JLQq.jpg

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It sounded (Not sure if it was from this article) that other directors were never even in contact to replace. So... I guess they were waiting for the ful scenario to play out but hedging their bets as well?
Not that they were in contact, they opposed disney (Taika watiti, edgar wright, etc.)

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
This made me so happy today. Doesn't make up for the overall horribleness of today, like, at all. But I'll take it.

I saw tons of left-wing voices cheering his removal when it happened which was upsetting. Hope they can come around on this.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
This is great news! I feel like it takes a lot for a company like Disney to admit when they're wrong, and this was something they really screwed up. Gunn was responsible for helping create some of the best movies in the MCU.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Amazing how far a sincere, real apology will get you

This was my takeaway, as well. Gunn handled this really well by sincerely apologizing and never badmouthing Disney publicly. Looks like that approach and ongoing meetings with Alan Horn eventually got him his job back.

There are a lot of other public figures that could learn a lot from this.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they brought him back. His comments were gross, no doubt about that, but they were comments that he made years ago when he was a completely different person. Comments that he had long apologized for, and had already shown to have become a far better person since that time.

I see no reason to allow him to come back. He's shown himself to be sincere in his regret, which is far more than can be said for some individuals when awful shit they've said or done has come to light.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Solid. Is Taika working on another film? He's easily one of my favorite directors and Thor: Rag was top three for me in Marvel Films.
Right now he's working on Jojo Rabbit which is in post-production, but he haven't been given another Marvel project yet. He definitely want to work with them again though.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

His tweet from last year still has me mad excited today. I feel like Vol. 3 is gonna be one hell of a ride.

datbapple

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Good, Disney knew they was foul for that bullshit. Everyone needs a friend like Bautista, bro is a real one for backing his man like that.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot what he was even accused of.

He made jokes about pedophilia around a decade ago. He apologized for it years ago and as recently as 2017 talked about how he feels like a much happier person now that he doesn't feel the need to make those edgy jokes. But he's also very vocal about his hatred of Trump. So people on the far-right dug through his tweets and found those old ones and Disney bowed to that and fired him.

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is *probably* the right decision.

Alt-right hit job or not, the remarks he made were pretty abhorrent. I'd bet Fox News would be all over it had their parent company just not sold most everything to Disney. I hope no one has anything more lying in wait for this moment.

However, reading the Deadline report, his contrition was also very on point and very human. I sincerely hope this is the beginning of the end of outright cancel culture, and we'll lay the pitchforks down for a moment and understand most people who do stupid things in the past typically don't have the same level of stupidity in them in the present.