• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
This is super weird and insecure of Iger, but imagine for a moment if this led to Martin Scorcese's Daredevil...

vedrua

Oct 26, 2019
i'm perplexed people care this much. why do you need that much validation to enjoy movies based off of comic book movies lol
And there is nothing shameful about entertainment. I really don't see why they took it so bad. Scorsese did not say that Marvel movies should not exist, he just said that they were more about selling a product than about expressing a message. Who can seriously disagree? I mean, this is not like Iger himself was not aware of that.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
And there is nothing shameful about entertainment. I really don't see why they took it so bad. Scorsese did not say that Marvel movies should not exist, he just said that they were more about selling a product than about expressing a message. Who can seriously disagree? I mean, this is not like Iger himself was not aware of that.

I'm guessing the thousands of people working on the movie, there are some that would disagree. Iger was basically sticking up for those that work on films. Sure im
Guessing in a private moment some of those working on Disney movies would admit they are only in the business to make money, but I'm going to guess most do it for the love of stories/movies etc.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people obsessing on the definition of cinema is a waste of time. People should be more focused on Scorsese's overall point he was trying to make.

Yup. It's their defense mechanism. It was playing out on the last page too.

I can take disagreement, but when they purposefully misrepresent what Scorsese is saying, it means they aren't being intellectually honest. And Iger is doing it as well, so they think it's okay.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Scorsese's daughter posted this......LOL:

0BMBn4j.jpg

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
"Anyone who has seen a Marvel film could not in all truth make that statement."

I think you could though. They're expertly made, by committee.

All of this can only lead to one thing though. A Scorsese directed Marvel film.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Still imagining him being taken into Iger's office with a sack over his head while Iger sits behind his desk like a mob boss.

That's some good daughter trolling.