• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
It's basically resulted in The Irishman overperforming at the annual critics' awards, though. A vote for Scorsese has become a vote against Marvel.

Typical disney persecution complex going on here. Nah it could just be a vote for.....a good movie? It deserves plenty of list placements and noms

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's basically resulted in The Irishman overperforming at the annual critics' awards, though. A vote for Scorsese has become a vote against Marvel.
A vote for the Irishman is a vote for one of the best movies of the year. I'm sure the academy, and most award bodies, think about Marvel as much as they think about their votes for Best Animated Picture.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Jfc Bob. Disney already owns half of the world's most popular IP's, and he still needs Scorcese's approval, like a needy child that didn't get enough love from dad.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"C'mon, give Marvel movies a chance!"
"No."
"Please, Disney will be your friend."
"No."
yxeyGxR_d.jpg

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Scorsese living rent free in Disney's head for the very, very mild critque he made to the MCU is pathetic. Having a strangle hold on half of Hollywood, being the in the forefront of American pop culture, and raking in billions on even your "stinker" releases at the BO apparently isn't enough.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's gonna do a marvel film watch :) Daredevil and punisher together in a gritty crime drama.

DO IT!

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe people think he's going to convince him to do a marvel movie lol

he's not exactly a young director strapped for cash looking to cement his legacy lol

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This is clearly all four dimensional chess leading up to a reveal that Scorsese is directing Deadpool 3. I'm 100% sure of it.

Maybe he'll listen to Scorsese on how to make them better? I say this as a fan of the Marvel movies but I see the point, especially in the earlier ones.

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
The movies are shit.

Television show cinematography
Recycled sarcastic humor in every single movie
Recycled plot progression that hits the same beats every single time
Rushed CGI
Boring fight scenes

And they're still raking in the dough. He needs to get over it or take the criticism to heart so they can make a good X-Men movie.

You read my mind.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So we're just in this cyberpunk media dystopia where this is a thing that is publicized and sensationalized

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney is going to trot out a Krang robot with Walt's unfrozen brain to tell Scorsese that its feelings are hurt.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Good for Iger to stand up for his products and the people that poured hours into making then. Imagine being proud of making something good only for someone to come in and tell you it doesn't count.

Scorsese's comments were completely disrespectful and the fact that he hasn't apologized says everything about his lack of character and integrity.
for real?

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good for Iger to stand up for his products and the people that poured hours into making then. Imagine being proud of making something good only for someone to come in and tell you it doesn't count.

Scorsese's comments were completely disrespectful and the fact that he hasn't apologized says everything about his lack of character and integrity.
I like grapes

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is like when Dick Cheney shot that old man in the face, and the old man had to go on tv and apologize to Dick Cheney.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Disney and the marvel fans need so much external validation? They're supposed to be entertaining blockbusters chain produced to make shit load of money, not ground breaking cinematic masterpieces unanimously acknowledged by the industry greats.

Oct 28, 2017
The movies are shit.

Television show cinematography
Recycled sarcastic humor in every single movie
Recycled plot progression that hits the same beats every single time
Rushed CGI
Boring fight scenes

And they're still raking in the dough. He needs to get over it or take the criticism to heart so they can make a good X-Men movie.

Preach. Guardians and Winter Soldier were p dope though.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Honestly, the fact that anyone can think like this is depressing.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
what the fuck? this is framed as though he made a declaration of literal actual war on a literal actual country, rather than just criticizing a studio's output.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why would they do this? oh probably because it can create a 9 page thread on resetera so imagine what it's doing to the internet at large

bad poster

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
If Stan Lee were still alive and some really well known illustrator was publicly complaining that "Comic art isn't real art. It's commercial trash that clogs up the shelves!", he might have something to say about it. And there would probably be less mudslinging about how hurt, injured, and sensitive he is for responding to somebody dismissing his field.

i don't think that illustrator would be unjustified in saying something like this
Many of the elements that define (art) as I know it are there in Marvel (comics). What's not there is revelation, mystery or genuine emotional danger. Nothing is at risk. The (comics) are made to satisfy a specific set of demands, and they are designed as variations on a finite number of themes.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018

Marvel fans have replaced gamers as the most oppressed minority of all.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California

Are you being /s or have you just watched films from 1994 on? I mean... Good lord.