• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I'll test it out for a for or month or two, though a lot of the best content from the Fox deal will presumably being going to Hulu.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe this is what will be the kick in the ass Netflix needs to release a switch app

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Why would Nintendo say no?

Vice president of technology at Hulu and Factor 5 President Julian Eggebrecht said during an episode of NVC that Nintendo told them they wanted to focus on games only at launch, without marketing the system as set-top box also (as the Wii U was).

But after that they were able to release their app on Switch, which means Netflix wouldn't have any problem now.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I might be rembering this wring but I think you'll be able to sub to Disney plus through Hulu like you can showtime/ hbo which would give you access on the other systems.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
I like how the title change added in an update, as if we learned this information after the thread was posted, and wasn't available from the start. Could have had the thread squared away if that info was read and posted competently from the start.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Lol I love how the title went from "Coming to Switch!" to " No, actually on all platforms!" to "Uh, no, just PS4".

But it's good to know it'll be there eventually.

I like how the title change added in an update, as if we learned this information after the thread was posted, and wasn't available from the start. Could have had the thread squared away if that info was read and posted competently from the start.
Eh, people sometimes accidentally miss things in their excitement, I don't blame the OP.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is what will be the kick in the ass Netflix needs to release a switch app
Hopefully, among others.

This argument that Netflix is on everything else holds no water for me whatsoever. I want YouTube, Plex, Netflix, Sky, WWE and everything else on my Switch as well. Different devices come in so useful on different occasions.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Switch still doesn't have netflix, right?

Would be a wise move for Disney to secure a position there.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I hope both Disney+ and inevitable Netflix allow for offline download of episodes when they come to Switch. That's what I'm most excited for.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Even if it's not confirmed for Switch and Xbox One yet, they've still got seven-ish months between now and the rollout. Certainly enough time to make it happen if they want it to happen by Day 1.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Now I'm curious about who will get their app on the Switch first, Disney or Netflix.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The exclusive content seems even less interesting than what Apple showed which was also not very interesting. Monsters at Work is the only thing I want to see really.

I'm glad they are already looking to support consoles. PS4 still missing some that Xbox has like FXNOW.

Oct 25, 2017
Peachtree City, GA
Nintendo should release their 3DS Anime channel on Switch. Would love to see Pokémon, Yo-Kai Watch, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, Snack World, the old Nintendo cartoons, etc., as part of the content. Having shows premiere alongside game releases would be awesome.

Seedy87

Jan 4, 2018
https://www.nintendo-insider.com/disney-streaming-service-in-talks-for-nintendo-switch/

"As we mentioned earlier, Disney+ will have a wide device footprint. We focus on making our services available not just in all households, but across every connected screen in each household," explained Michael Paull, president of Disney Streaming Services.

"Right now, we are securing distribution for Disney+ across mobile devices and connected TV devices, including game consoles, streaming media players, and smart TVs.

"With these device partnerships, not only do we optimize our product for consumer experience, we ensure that our service will be prominently featured and merchandised on our partner platforms.

"We have already secured such deals with Roku TV and PlayStation 4, and we are confident that by the time that we launch we will have a full array of device platform partnerships in place."

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
https://www.nintendo-insider.com/disney-streaming-service-in-talks-for-nintendo-switch/

"As we mentioned earlier, Disney+ will have a wide device footprint. We focus on making our services available not just in all households, but across every connected screen in each household," explained Michael Paull, president of Disney Streaming Services.

"Right now, we are securing distribution for Disney+ across mobile devices and connected TV devices, including game consoles, streaming media players, and smart TVs.

"With these device partnerships, not only do we optimize our product for consumer experience, we ensure that our service will be prominently featured and merchandised on our partner platforms.

"We have already secured such deals with Roku TV and PlayStation 4, and we are confident that by the time that we launch we will have a full array of device platform partnerships in place."
Hulu and YouTube found their way onto the Switch, so I'm sure Disney can work things out with Nintendo. Xbox is basically a lock. I'm surprised that they aren't able to confirm Xbox support yet.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wake me up when the Switch gets the Criterion Channel.
a-skeleton-in-bed-ARM516.jpg

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you watch Netflix on the Switch in the first place? Your phone's battery life lasts longer, as does your tablet.

If anything I'm more annoyed that Xbox One is not seemingly confirmed for launch day.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you watch Netflix on the Switch in the first place? Your phone's battery life lasts longer, as does your tablet.

If anything I'm more annoyed that Xbox One is not seemingly confirmed for launch day.
Because the Switch's screen is larger than any smartphone out there and because the Switch interacts easily and readily with your tv, unlike your phone.

Seriously, Netflix on a phone is and should be your last option.