• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
So, yeah, I decided to make one of these since there wasn't one. If anybody wants to help me create a good banner i'd be grateful.

I created this thread mainly for discussion of Disney animation and the parks, but anything else Disney like Marvel or Kingdom Hearts is okay too. This thread is not meant to override the MCU or Star Wars Community threads.

Controversial opinions are okay as are discussing the controversial aspects of Disney, but please be civil about it.

The opening post is just a work in progress. If anybody has any good ideas as to what I should add to it, i'm all ears!

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Never been to the parks, but like many I grew up with a ton of their films on VHS. I did them all away a few years ago and was planning on replacing them by getting the blu-ray releases. But unfortunately those are, more often than not, garbage.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually on my way to the airport right now for a week at Disney World!

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Thank you very much for making this thread. I linked this thread in the Western Animation thread.

What's everyone's thoughts on The Incredibles 2, Christopher Robin, and Mary Poppins Returns?

Personally, I'm excited for all three. Disney sure is getting a lot of my money this year.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
My only feelings on Mary Poppins Returns is that I hope Lin Manuel-Miranda is good in it and sings a song that wins an Oscar. I haven't seen MP in decades and really don't have much of an interest, though I did like the Tom Hanks as Disney movie.

I've been waiting for Incredibles 2 since the end credits of Incredibles 1. I love Brad Bird, Michael Giachinno, and everything about it.

Christopher Robin is going to make everyone cry.

If you think Disney is getting your money this year, just wait. 2019: Toy Story 4, Captain Marvel, Avengers 4, Dumbo, Aladdin, The Lion King, Frozen 2, and Episode IX. Not to mention the Star Wars part of DisneyWorld opening up, the streaming service with Marvel and Star Wars shows, Lady and the Tramp and Sword in the Stone, The Descendants 3, and even though it's not technically theirs, Spider-Man 2.

Also, if they can get rid of Comcast, summer 2019 is when they take over 20th Century Fox.

So.

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
I hope that Mary Poppins Returns at least has a catchy soundtrack.

The Incredibles 2, i'll wait for word of mouth. On one hand, it's Brad Bird directing. OTOH outside of Toy Story Pixar has a spotty track record with sequels/prequels.

Christopher Robin? I'm seeing that one in theaters no doubt.

And yeah, Disney blu rays for animated movies made in between Walts death until The Little Mermaid are uh.....their transfers aren't great. The Little Mermaid and movies made after tend to have good transfers on average.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
giphy.webp

I like this OT.

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
Loved Zootopia. It quickly became my second favorite Disney animated movie, a record previously held by Aladdin.

I still listen to Moanas soundtrack every now and then.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Thank you very much for making this thread. I linked this thread in the Western Animation thread.

What's everyone's thoughts on The Incredibles 2, Christopher Robin, and Mary Poppins Returns?

Personally, I'm excited for all three. Disney sure is getting a lot of my money this year.
Incredibles 2 is my most anticipated movie that has yet to come out this year besides AM&TW
People are really underestimating how much it's going to make, wouldn't be surprised if it's the highest-grossing Pixar movie ever
Haven't watched the trailers for Christopher Robin and Mary Poppins Returns yet, they might be good movies to take my family to

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
Out of all the Disney remakes, the one i'm looking forward to the most is the lion king.

Half excited half dreading.

A photorealistic cgi remake of my favorite movie? I like Jon Favreau, the cast is solid and it'll likely look gorgeous.

but there are so many things they can screw up with it.

OTOH I wouldn't mind more scenes with the female characters. Let Nala sing Shadowlands from the broadway show! Give Sarabi and Sarafina more screen time! Give Shenzi an extra scene or two.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love The Incredibles so I'm really excited for Incredibles 2. And after Moana, I think I'd trust Lin Manuel-Miranda with my life, so I'm totally ready for Mary Poppins Returns (and the live-action Little Mermaid he's attached to).

I'm still broken up about the cancellation of Gigantic. The single piece of concept art Disney released has been the background on my laptop for years. Now there's no original musical on the schedule :(

P.S. Dammit Disney, announce the teenage space race movie already!

We need a survey about what are our favorite Disney movies.
of course I expect Tangled to win

It's got my vote!

Nov 23, 2017
I have to brag. I'm now just 2,000 points away from earning 25,000 disney movie reward points. And earning the biggest and best reward on there. I've been earning points since 2010 and I have used my points cautiously on rewards.

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
well this thread died quickly.

I bought a ps4 slim in anticipation of kh3 + i wanted to play a dozen + other games on it.

replaying kh1 hd. I love this game. Also rewatching my disney blu rays.

i'm curious about one thing. A friend told me a year ago that Akira Toriyama of dragonball, chrono trigger and dragon quest fame is a huge disney nut, esp of classic walt era disney. Any truth to this? I know that shigeru miyamoto idolized walt as a kid.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Small suggestion for visibility: change title to "Disney Community | OT |" or "Everything Disney!" and drop the Walt. Most people only read the first word or two of a title so this one can be easily missed.

rabidtanuki

Oct 28, 2017
I live in Florida and go to disney world almost weekly, so if anyone has any questions about those particular parks I'd be more than happy to answer.

rabidtanuki

Oct 28, 2017
i'd love to go to dw weekly but its probably super expensive plus I live nowhere near any of the disney parks, american or not.
It is expensive but they have a few different annual passes to choose from so that helps some. We have the weekday select passes which means we can't go on the weekend or during black out days and we pay about 45 a month for 2 people.

recyclops

Jan 26, 2018
It is expensive but they have a few different annual passes to choose from so that helps some. We have the weekday select passes which means we can't go on the weekend or during black out days and we pay about 45 a month for 2 people.
Wish I lived that close. My pin collection obsession would be easier to fill out

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
With the new merger maybe this thread won't fade into obscurity again!

Teapunk robot

Jan 26, 2019
Has anyone seen the original tron movie?

(Sorry for bringing this thread back to life, this question has been bothering me and I am also new here.)

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017