Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

https://deadline.com/2019/03/disney...-for-21st-century-fox-acquisition-1202574146/

Disney has set a March 20 closing date for the acquisition of 21st Century Fox.

The date was included in a release in which Disney indicated that the company has received the last major approval for the deal from regulators in Mexico. According to Disney, 21st Century Fox shareholders will have until Thursday to choose the amount of cash and Disney stock to receive in the $71.3 billion transaction.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so-this-is-how-liberty-dies-with-thunderous-applause-19350067.png

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like yesterday Stan Lee was hinting that Marvel would have all it's characters back one day, and then out of nowhere we had rumors of Disney and Fox being in talks.

While I'm excited for the implications of this deal, mergers are never a good thing. I had someone from Fox call in the other day at my job to make a payment, and he was worried sick about getting laid off. I feel for these people.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
This is Fantastic 4 everyone.
Even my ex mentioned being excited about this deal.

Galactus.
Silver Surfer.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this deal won't mean iTunes versions of Fox movies will return to HD like the whole Disney catalog instead of 4K like its now.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
On March 20th Bob Iger will release the X-Men movie they secretly filmed in space where copyright laws don't matter.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
So the entire fox film library will be in the Disney streaming service too I hope.
won't because Disney+ does not feature movies that aren't family friendly, so goodbye to all rated R movies. Also they can't break existing contracts, Fox movies might still be exclusive to Netflix or whatever until the license runs out.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Nice to finally see it close. Of course, I'm expecting all the "This is horrible! Stupid MCU fans who don't care about the implications!" posts any second now.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
For those hoping fox characters would be in endgame there's 0.0 chance. The film is locked

They could technically film some sort of teaser. Joss filmed the Avengers shawarma scene like two weeks before the film came out.

I don't think they want to though. I'm of the belief that Endgame will have no teasers, with Far From Home acting as a fresh start that leads up to Avengers 4. I think X-Men will simply release at some point, perhaps with a tease at the end of a random solo film.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
They have the potential to create one of the GOAT film villains ever if they do Dr. Doom justice. Please 🙏🏽

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Feels like yesterday Stan Lee was hinting that Marvel would have all it's characters back one day, and then out of nowhere we had rumors of Disney and Fox being in talks.

While I'm excited for the implications of this deal, mergers are never a good thing. I had someone from Fox call in the other day at my job to make a payment, and he was worried sick about getting laid off. I feel for these people.

Man, it feels like yesterday when the thought of Marvel getting both X-Men and Fantastic Four back was a pipe dream. X-Men was like pure fantasy and people were clinging to at least get F4 back somehow and even that was highly unlikely.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
I feel like we have had this same exact thread 100 times now.

I'll be satisfied when the Marvel Studios Twitter account shares a literal photo of Deadpool and the X-Men.

BenRoderick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Does this mean we can get the Fox fanfare at the start of the new Star Wars movies now?
I do wish that Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm would have a brand integration to 20th Century Fox because Fox is a film distribution company but I think from Disney that I think they still want Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm as separate entities for Disney.
Consider me surprised until maybe later on...

Nov 13, 2017
Realistically, they could film a quick end credit teaser with Deadpool. They just need a guy to wear the suit and Ryan Reynolds to dub a line or two.

Make it break the fourth wall. At the end of the credits, just roll to some footage of a TV watching the Avengers. The camera pans and it's Deadpool eating popcorn on his couch.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
That's true but at the same time they managed to get Thanos right (at least in IW).

That's what I'm sayin'...people want Doom just as much as, if not more, than they wanted Thanos. That said, they did build Thanos up over the course of the past 7 years (at least). It'll be interesting to see how they work Doom into the mix.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Holy shit, on my birthday. This is almost as good as that time SSM announced the God of War 3 Remaster on my birthday out of nowhere lol

HotTakeCakes

Alt account
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Reading
Even though we are technically in phase 3, I honestly think we're really in just phase 1. The MCU is going to go on for a long, long time. The 1st movie with x-men, avengers, deadpool etc all in is going to be nuts.

Oct 28, 2017
I know fantasy booking a post credits scene for one of these movies is a useless endeavor, but here's what you do:

I'm going to make an assumption here and say Vision isn't back by the end of Endgame, but Scarlet Witch is. Wanda is looking out at the city being cleaned up once again when another Avenger walks up to her and asks her about her plans now that Vision is gone. She says something to the effect of "I need to get out of the city. Take some time. I....I'm thinking about applying for this teaching position. (Reveals X letter head) Upstate New York. Not too far away. Could be a nice change of pace". Cut to black.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it super illegal to be working on an end credits scene before the deal goes through? How would it be verified it was made before the deal and would anyone even bother to sue?

Status
Not open for further replies.