• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So what's the quality like on these old cartoons? I'm pretty sure none of them are HD or widescreen but do they show scratches and stuff like they were recorded from old VHS tapes? Do the YouTube rips look better?
Rescue Rangers is in HD 16:9. X-Men and Ducktales look really bad (pretty sure Ducktales is a VHS rip), but watchable for sure. I've only watched a couple episodes so I have no idea about the later episodes but I assume it's all the same.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Is Zorro on it? I want to watch it, if it is. I haven't seen that show in probably close to 30 years and I'm not paying for the DVDs. They're too expensive.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
ALERT this is not a drill Tricky I Shadow

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

60d47eb5_o.png

Oh?

OH!

I think it's time for me to get Disney+!
ZMMQsvs.jpg

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Is Zorro on it? I want to watch it, if it is. I haven't seen that show in probably close to 30 years and I'm not paying for the DVDs. They're too expensive.

Oh man if it is day 1 for me! I think it's been 20 years since I've seen it on TV...would be awesome to watch the Guy Williams classic again .

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
yes but what about Kids Incorporated
Britney, Justin, Christina, Keri and Ryan > Fergie, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Mario Lopez

Jokes aside: , Kids Incorporated was syndicated and Disney only bought the syndication license as opposed to MMC which they owned wholesale. That is likely why KI is not on the service.

either way both those shows were stacked with future stars.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Oh, my mistake. I just did a quick description and it says its the largest daily newspaper in the Netherlands, which I had assumed (incorrectly appears) that it was legitimate.

Oh, it might very well be the largest; but it's a bit like the UK's Daily Mail; a lot of sensationalist headlines + populist content.

(to be fair, regarding Disney+, its great promo for them, just wanted to poop on the Telegraaf a bit, hehe).

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I think I still have my Gargoyles Pogs sitting in some box somewhere.

Time to bring them back!

Scavenger

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
The Dutch dubs are missing on several Ducktales (1987) episodes. I've been told that these include episodes that received a rerun with dub in the last decade and episodes that were released on retail VHS.
The episode "Sphinx for the Memories" is missing. No Dutch dub, no English, nada. This episode is also missing on other streaming services, but it was released on DVD.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Having used this for the last 2 days now I don't think I'll keep my subscription when the service goes live, Disney just doesn't have the content I'm interested in enough that I'm willing to pay for access to it.

Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
That is odd because most (maybe all) of the Marvel titles are available in 4k DV on Vudu/Apple TV.

What about the Star Wars titles?
They're still tweaking things. The Pixar movies and certain titles aren't 4K yet either despite being released on disc, so I reckon they'll be adjusting titles and quality options up to the full release in November.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Gargoyles? Fuck yeah. No Gummi Bears? I want to see Duke Ickthorn and Toad on my TV again.

I love both of you. These are two of my favorites. I have subsisted on old sub quality versions of both for so long that I can't wait to get better versions.
I really hope they put on shows like Zorro and hell even OG Mickey Mouse Club, Ozzy and Harriet and such.

When I was growing up Disney Channel also had shows like The Edison Twins and Danger Bay which I loved though I doubt they will go that all in.

Steamboat Willie is available, obviously. Never seen it before, Mickey is a real jerk in it.
Mickey was kind of an asshole in quite a few of his early shorts.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018