• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
what's the rights situation for the 60s spider-man cartoon?

that thing is meme central here in 2019

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I can even watch Rescue Rangers (and probably the rest) in Dutch, like how I used to watch it as a kid, but now it's in glorious HD! This is amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Heaven
I've been using an old Roku but I'd like to have HDR/4k for when this rolls out. What's the best device (hopefully not too expensive) that can do HDR/4k? My TV can do HDR10 and Dolby Vision

Last edited:

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Downloaded this in Australia and connected to Nordvpn to see if it'd work but it can tell I'm not in the Netherlands. That sucks. I'm hyped.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Is there a way to leave feedback? The subtitles are absolutely huge on Android TV. They could be at least 50% smaller, and they have an annoying solid black border around it. Also, I like to watch my shows and movies with English subs, but they only have English (CC).

I've also already had it happen that I closed Infinity War, but the audio kept playing even though I was navigating the Disney+ home screen. The settings page didn't want to load for me until I tried a couple times and there's no way to skip to the next episode or go to the previous one (while watching), unless you manually look up the show using the search function (or manage to find it on the homescreen). It doesn't work from the 'continue watching' section. So now I'm stuck with an X-Men episode I watched 5 minutes of, and the 'continue watching' section automatically switched to episode 2. So if I want to continue watching episode 1 I need to manually look up the X-Men show.

It's an incredible start, but it's clearly not done.

edit: There also doesn't seem to be a way to remove something from your continue watching list.

Last edited:

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Gargoyles is on there according to the person tweeting.

ALRIGHT FINE DISNEY
Y'all got me hooked

giphy.gif

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Is there a way to leave feedback? The subtitles are absolutely huge on Android TV. They could be at least 50% smaller, and they have an annoying solid black border around it. Also, I like to watch my shows and movies with English subs, but they only have English (CC).

I've also already had it happen that I closed Infinity War, but the audio kept playing even though I was navigating the Disney+ home screen. The settings page didn't want to load for me until I tried a couple times and there's no way to skip to the next episode or go to the previous one (while watching), unless you manually look up the show using the search function (or manage to find it on the homescreen). It doesn't work from the 'continue watching' section. So now I'm stuck with an X-Men episode I watched 5 minutes of, and the 'continue watching' section automatically switched to episode 2. So if I want to continue watching episode 1 I need to manually look up the X-Men show.

It's an incredible start, but it's clearly not done.

edit: There also doesn't seem to be a way to remove something from your continue watching list.

Maybe on the google play store? Obviously this is a major testing beta to help work out issues

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just downloaded it, on first glance it is glorious. Totally gonna bingewatch the spiderman cartoon with the secret wars in the final season.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Seeing all that's available, just in the beta, makes me feel better about signing up for three years in the D23 promotion.

philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
Just installed it. Looks awesome. Have to bring kids to school first. But Yaay it has AoS!

And old Marvel cartoons.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect so much back catalog stuff from Marvel. 90's Spidey and X-Men were my childhood. Shit, man.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool. So the rumors months ago of an early test were true.
Does singing up now for this test count towards the free trial that will be available to everyone at the big launch in november?

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Its also out on PSN.

Can't wait to try it out when I come back from work!

Man, I remember watching Xmen '92. That theme song brings up some memories.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Well that is a massive bummer.
Likely just the way it was put together. Rescue Rangers was likely done on film which is fairly easy to up the quality to HD while the other series were transferred from broadcast tapes. It would likely require Disney to go back to the original animation cels to get it into HD which would be a lot of effort for very little benefit. Sad but at least it's available.