• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Someone's gonna kiss Baby Yoda

Oct 25, 2017
Watch it be "male extra mentions having a boyfriend or husband" and it can easily be dubbed over for Russian and Chinese audiences.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
are they going to release the film in china

yeah it's gonna be lip service that can be edited out

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I am still surprised people don't realize or accept that Disney isn't going to make a LGTQ+ lead. They're always going to do a small side character and pat themselves on the back. Disney is a corporation at the beck and call of capitalism. They don't care. They never did. It's all about the money.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I can't imagine people geniunely happy at this kind of shit.

I like representation like any other LGBTQ+ person out there, but I am so done with this bullshit corporate wiking and nodding. Wording it like it's a neat surprise? Just fuck off already.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
its gonna be a JJ Abrams cameo where he says he's sad because his boyfriend died on one of the planets Kylo Ren blew up

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, I wasn't gonna before, but now I'm definitely paying 20 dollars for a ticket so I can witness a side character utter a single line about having a same sexed partner before proceeding to disappear/act straight for the rest of the film.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm sure this will be actual representation and not some vague baiting bullshit or an easily edited out minor character.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, queer representation.

which can be quickly edited out of the film for release in china

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
I am still surprised people don't realize or accept that Disney isn't going to make a LGTQ+ lead. They're always going to do a small side character and pat themselves on the back. Disney is a corporation at the beck and call of capitalism. They don't care. They never did. It's all about the money.
But Disney loves everyone. They are god and god is great praise Mickey

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Disney's queer representation is cowardly at best. Any gay characters are one you only find out are LGBT behind the scenes. Lando? Glover is playing him as pansexual, but he never mentions it onscreen. Lefou "Gasp!" he danced with a man! Judy's loud neighbors in Zootopia? A gay married couple according to the director. You only know about some of these things behind the scenes. Elsa basically sings two songs in two movies about coming out of the closet but still has no romantic interest.

Disney: "We have gay characters. We just don't mention it onscreen."

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
You know, the craziest thing about all this censoring of their movies and refusing to include out and out LGBT+ characters is the fact that the first three Pirates movies were completely banned in China, and yet they still made massive amounts of money everywhere else.

So they have left Chinese money on the table before. But now they refuse to. Dumb.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Can't have two dudes even hold hands without Chinese censors tripping over themselves to ban such imagery.

Corporations have no loyalty to anything but the dollar. They'll happily sell out their home country, and the people of others, so long as it means they'll make the most money.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Why is this always something to tease and bait with, treating it like some plot spoiler. Goddamn just say what it is or shut the fuck up and let the work speak for itself. And yes they they're aren't gonna do shit to rock the boat while being beholden to China.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Honestly wish they didn't tell us shit and surprise us instead, as long as it's something more meaningful than the Endgame "rep" we got. It's funny to think about it, but The Last of Us did a gay character much better and they never outright said he was gay before the game released.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
If they're not cowards it should be C-3PO and Poe Dameron

C3PO has been shafted as a character in the new movies. he was a lot of fun in the prior 6. especially his interactions with Han and Chewbacca. now imagine that same dynamic between him and Poe...but then they make out at the end

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
So a week after the film comes out one of the new cast members can say "My character was gay all along" despite there being no proof of it in the movie itself. So sick of this cowardly crap from Disney.

Oct 25, 2017
Disney's queer representation is cowardly at best. Any gay characters are one you only find out are LGBT behind the scenes. Lando? Glover is playing him as pansexual, but he never mentions it onscreen. Lefou "Gasp!" he danced with a man! Judy's loud neighbors in Zootopia? A gay married couple according to the director. You only know about some of these things behind the scenes. Elsa basically sings two songs in two movies about coming out of the closet but still has no romantic interest.

Disney: "We have gay characters. We just don't mention it onscreen."

It's a really weak out. Disney's not the only one to do it either.
Back when the 2017 Power Rangers movie was coming out, people at Saban were crowing about having the first LGBT superhero in a superhero movie.
All that happened is that they very slightly implied that Trini might be a lesbian. They didn't even confirm or deny it. It's all weak attempts for brownie points.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JJ Abrams shows up as a random who gives a fuck nobody to say "the first order killed my husband"

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
It's going to be 2 X-wing pilots hugging each other and saying "I love you" before the flying out to the final battle.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Remember when people here were going to bat for Endgame's "representation"?

That was a fun time.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
And I don't think it's any great spoiler to say that it's just as perfunctory and disappointing as y'all might expect
Just a quick shot of two random female Resistance members kissing in a moment of celebration
LOL.

I mean, it's probably better than nothing, but no one should be touting this as some big step forward in representation.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
You know, the craziest thing about all this censoring of their movies and refusing to include out and out LGBT+ characters is the fact that the first three Pirates movies were completely banned in China, and yet they still made massive amounts of money everywhere else.

So they have left Chinese money on the table before. But now they refuse to. Dumb.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Doubt it'll be anything meaningful, unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong though.