• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

50221080_233569897561005_5045119884418088960_n.jpg

49898408_2015849738712215_2744859009839267840_n.jpg

Seems like they were really ramping up the Disney / Marvel / Pixar / Star Wars cross-over for this game before it got cancelled :(

It doesn't look like they got far into development, but I wonder what other kingdoms were being considered for the game after Agrabah?

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Man this makes me so sad. 3.0 is a fantastic game. This and Lego Dimensions are legitimately good toys to life games and I'm sad they didn't keep on trucking.

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
I'm pretty sure that Agrabah holds the record for the cartoon world most represented in a video game, in no big part thanks to the Kingdom Hearts series.

Oct 25, 2017
Going more for a lego dimensions feel would've been a good idea for the story. Not being able to use your non Star Wars characters in the Star Wars set was always weird.

I do think that 3.0 was overall pretty bad but it's a bummer they couldn't release 4.0 with how much content was revealed post cancellation

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
The fact that a game series based on disney nostalgia and fanservice started off its life with a Lone Ranger set and then transitioned into making disney figures only for toy box mode speaks volumes for what helped it bomb.

Legit makes me mad that Kingdom Hearts and Infinity have NO worlds based on Darkwing Duck or Ducktales.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I heard there's another title featuring the word Kingdom that Yoda and Aladdin could team up in.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They teased Kingdom Hearts at the end of 3.0, like they did with the Lightsaber and Star Wars in 2.0

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
My first intro to Infinity was 3.0 and it was pretty great. It felt like they had a good thing going, and I was kind of blindsided by how quickly that was all shut down. A platforming playground of Disney characters and worlds is such a great idea and I still want more of it. Seeing this footage is interesting but also a bummer!

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still have like 40 or so figures tucked away in a cabinet that I gotta put elsewhere. It was a really fun game, my parents even played through some of the campaigns together.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played the game with a roommate in college. It was really fun. Disney really botched it since I think it could have lasted just a little bit longer

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not really surprised. If they put the emphasis on effective gameplay that the series lacked until the third installment, I think it could have ruled its genre.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This and LEGO Dimensions are good games. Shame that it's dead now. I'm reminded that United Front Games don't exist anymore too.

I want a Sleeping Dogs 2 so bad.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Trigger warning.

The Disney level in that trailer looked to have better design layouts than the KH games. I mean comparing Agrabah especially...(even in this super early state)

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll forever be so sad and mad about what happened to Disney Infinity. 4.0 was slated to reach the exact expectations we all had for the franchise since it began. I will always hate Disney Interactive for squandering its potential and giving up on it. It was one of the only in-house projects making them money at the time of them cancelling it.

I think if they had pushed more marketing with their films and started doing some animated shorts—perhaps even making a toy from the game a free gift for attending their films to create more incentive to play—this could have gotten the traction it needed to revitalize the franchise.

This, the Moana stuff, the Kingdom Hearts content that was going to come...it just grinds my gears that they didn't let this project happen.

No other Disney game is doing this kind of stuff, either. Not even Kingdom Hearts because they are still limiting the interactions between franchises. Not even that Bandai Namco series Disney Magical World was all the way there with the segregated locations.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
Trigger warning.

The Disney level in that trailer looked to have better design layouts than the KH games. I mean comparing Agrabah especially...(even in this super early state)

Not very hard considering Agrabah appeared in games from 2002, 2006, and 2009 in the KH series. This footage would presumably be from a game releasing around 2016-2018? Also the KH series has always been criticized for its shit level design so this really isn't an unpopular opinion.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I miss DI so much, they was really starting to get the everything working together with the streams, content and teases for 4.0 (like unlocking the kingdom key from KH)

Oct 25, 2017
I played through the Steam versions of the Disney Infinity games a few years ago, and I found it a shame that this series was cancelled when it was. It might have been fairly basic, but it was a fun and charming sort of basic, and there was a lot of potential squandered with the series' cancellation.

nickfrancis86

Nov 10, 2017
I actually really enjoyed DI3. Played enough to get the plat on PS4. Spent a fortune getting the Star Wars set, aaaaaand now they're in a box somewhere in my house. Still loved the game though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of bummed out that the overuse of Agrabah in Kingdom Hearts has turned me off from seeing it in any other games. This idea sounds bad to me, when it should be cool.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I was surprised by its cancellation as well. MCU was fully entrenched as an iconic franchise when 2.0 launched, and 3.0 came out a few months before Force Awakens. You'd have thought having those two IPs would have carried this series forward a few more years. It's too bad we never got an Indy playset as I figure that would have been in the works.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a shame this got cancelled just as it was getting good, the Star Wars playsets in 3.0 were great and from the sounds of it they were making new playsets for Rogue One and The Last Jedi.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure that Agrabah holds the record for the cartoon world most represented in a video game, in no big part thanks to the Kingdom Hearts series.
Kingdom Hearts cemented a hatred of Agrabah as a setting so deep in my soul that the idea of a whole Disney Infinity release focused on it would have made me scream.

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird because the more time passes, the more it feels like Disney Infinity is what Fortnite is becoming. Before its time. Both in presentation and passing.

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yea WELL atleast you guys still have access to all those custom made maps/worlds. I bought the DI3(PS4) AFTER they closed the servers. Now I'm stuck with story modes from the Villians and Star Wars Set.

sucks man.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This really burns me. I love DI so much. Every leaked detail of future stuff simultaneously makes me hateful while getting me excited for what could have been.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
The series was progressively getting better with each release so it was a real downer to see Disney pull the plug. Thankfully I didn't get too into 3.0 at the time despite owning all of 1.0 and 2.0 down to all of the power discs.