• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lucas wrote an extensive time-line detailing the life of Indiana Jones, assembling the elements for about 70 episodes, starting in 1905 and leading all the way up to the feature films. Each outline included the place, date and the historical persons Indy would meet in that episode, and would then be turned over to one of the series writers. When the series came to an end about 31 of the 70 stories had been filmed. Had the series been renewed for a third season, Young Indy would have been introduced to younger versions of characters from Raiders of the Lost Ark: Abner Ravenwood ("Jerusalem, June 1909") and René Belloq ("Honduras, December 1920"). Other episodes would have filled in the blanks between existing ones ("Le Havre, June 1916", "Berlin, Late August, 1916"), and there would even have been some adventures starring a five-year-old Indy (including "Princeton, May 1905").

Young Indiana Jones was not perfect but I thought the series had untapped potential. In fact it was pretty much canceled before it had the time to become interesting. I would have loved to see Abner, Belloq, and other movie characters in the third and fourth seasons.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney should keep sitting on it and maybe not make another Indiana Jones movies, unless they're willing to tackle the impact of colonialism.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
The series had a huge amount of star power it would be weird to remake it with unknowns

It was RIDICULOUS who was on that show!

Notable guest stars (playing either fictional or historical characters) include: Catherine Zeta-Jones, Daniel Craig, Christopher Lee, Clark Gregg, Tom Courtenay, Peter Firth, Vanessa Redgrave, Beata Pozniak, Jennifer Ehle, Elizabeth Hurley, Timothy Spall, Anne Heche, Paul Freeman, Jean-Pierre Castaldi, Jeffrey Wright, Jeroen Krabbé, Jason Flemyng, Michael Kitchen, Kevin McNally, Francisco Quinn, Ian McDiarmid, Max von Sydow, Douglas Henshall, Sean Pertwee, Terry Jones, Keith David, Lukas Haas, Frank Vincent, Jay Underwood, Michael Gough, Maria Charles, Elsa Zylberstein, Isaach de Bankolé, Emil Abossolo-Mbo, Haluk Bilginer and Saginaw Grant.

Frank Darabont wrote 5 episodes. Hell, Carrie Fisher wrote one!

In addition, it had directors like Terry Jones, Simon Wincer, Mike Newell, Joe Johnston, Nicholas Roeg.

Crazy.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disney should keep sitting on it and maybe not make another Indiana Jones movies, unless they're willing to tackle the impact of colonialism.

The irony of this statement is that none of the IJ films actually support colonialism.

-In Raiders, everyone is trying to find the ark, but to quote Sallah, the message is that the "ark was not something man was meant to disturb."

-In Doom, Indiana Jones retrieves the Sankara Stone to their rightful owners after it was stolen from them.

-In Crusade, the message of the film is that the grail isn't a prize to be won, and should remain where it was found.

-Crystal Skull is about aliens of course.

Oct 31, 2017
I am sure Disney wants to get distribution rights to the previous Indy work first, but not sure Paramount would play ball for a reasonable price.

Oct 25, 2017
Would love to see it happen. I actually really loved the history lesson aspect of the show--really good for kids and adults alike.

Also I really hope they add the tons of documentaries they made for the DVD boxset to Disney +.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Would make more sense to make these rather than his Star Wars TV scripts at this point. Would love to see those one day as a comic or something too though.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
What if they just deepfake Harrison Ford's young face on a different actor?

I think it would be more appropriate for the show (but less tasteful) to deepfake River Phoenix's face on a different actor and finish the series

I doubt they have enough reference material for a young Ford deepfake

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
tQ3kGqR.jpg

It was pretty good

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Or we could tell new stories and stop going back to the well. Indiana Jones as a character had a great run, let it be and find new stories.

Oct 28, 2017
I loved this show growing up. Not just a great adventure series, but a bit of a mini history lesson as well.

Edit: Plus perfect for Disney+ - do it Disney!

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching a few episodes of the series. It was good.

I also remember the James Bond Jr cartoon that was aired in the early 90s. That was cool.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The shit Disney probably have just laying around collecting dust in some storage facility must be crazy.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Indy is awesome because he kinda has two identities (archeology professor and treasure hunter) but neither of them are a secret

Dunno what you mean about not being secret, but I love me some archaeology and I love me some treasure hunting. I mean I know what you mean about not being secret, just wondering why you are telling me.