• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I can't find that information. Could you link it here?
Qkg3Lp4.jpg

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah Disney didn't take 60% control of Hulu to just sit there and let it be what it already is.
The government restrictions on Comcast that were put in place when they acquired NBCUniversal have expired as of last year. They now are no longer passive regarding Hulu.

Due to the governance agreement, radical changes to Hulu requires Comcast's consent. Disney needs to buy out Comcast and AT&T who are both creating their own OTT streaming services. Assuming they do...then AT&T and NBCU take their IP and leave...Hulu starts looking rather barren.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
The Simpsons will get me to sub for at least a few months. Let's see if they can keep meafter I've binged all of those...or got bored of the later seasons, lol.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the 90's Disney cartoons drop on this, I'm so nostalgic for that shit. Gargoyles is still the best cartoon ever.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Quick question, since Disney now has the distribution rights to the recent Dragon Ball movies (Battle of Gods onwards) via Fox, couldn't they put Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, & Broly on Disney+?

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
That would surely be a more Hulu thing.

That is one thing I'm looking forward to is Hulu eventually coming to the UK.

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for no stupid region locking of content when this arrives in Europe! I hate that with Netflix.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Hulu have any international plans? I would love to have access to the Fox catalog there.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Any word on classic animated movies? I've been in the mood for Bambi, Fox and the Hound, and Rescuers Down Under type stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Any word on classic animated movies? I've been in the mood for Bambi, Fox and the Hound, and Rescuers Down Under type stuff.

Bambi is already confirmed for launch. there probably won't be a complete, final Day 1 list until closer to November, but from the sampling they've announced, it sounds like the aim is to have most, if not all, of the WDFA back catalog available at launch

101 Dalmatians
A Bug's Life
A Goofy Movie
An Extremely Goofy Movie
Bambi
Bao
Big Hero 6
Born in China
Cars
Fantasia
Finding Dory
Finding Nemo
Free Solo
Frozen
Fun and Fancy Free
Hercules

High School Musical
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Inside Out
Iron Man
Lady and the Tramp
Lilo & Stitch
Mary Poppins
Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
Moana
Monsters University
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Pixar Short Films Collection Vol 1
Ratatouille
Remember the Titans
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (animated series)
Steamboat Willie
The Good Dinosaur
The Incredibles
The Little Mermaid
The Parent Trap (1961)
The Prince & The Pauper (1990)
The Princess Diaries
The Rocketeer
The Sorcerer's Apprentice (short)
The Sword in the Stone
The Three Caballeros

Thor: The Dark World
Toy Story
Tron (1982)
Up
Wall-E
Zootopia

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Bambi is already confirmed for launch. there probably won't be a complete, final Day 1 list until closer to November, but from the sampling they've announced, it sounds like the aim is to have most, if not all, of the WDFA back catalog available at launch
That's cool. 101 Dalmatians, lady and the tramp, and little mermaid might be nice to revisit too, as well as many others they might add. And Goofy Movie is definitely worth a rewatch.

I'm curious about The Three Caballeros too. I remember loving it as a kid but there's no way it holds up, is there? Maybe it's not so bad if they're leading with it in the first wave.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
At that price I'll take a gamble on the yearly sub. I suspect that pricing will jump near netflix levels within a few years once they have enough subs. Which I suspect will result in netflix having to make some changes; for one, their base tier of $8.99 for SD content is hilarious on its own merits, then you compare it to what Disney is giving you for $6.99. Ouch....

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
At that price I'll take a gamble on the yearly sub. I suspect that pricing will jump near netflix levels within a few years once they have enough subs. Which I suspect will result in netflix having to make some changes; for one, their base tier of $8.99 for SD content is hilarious on its own merits, then you compare it to what Disney is giving you for $6.99. Ouch....

I wouldn't expect a price increase till at least when it's been rolled out to everyone, so that's two years. They might keep the year at the same rate for a little while longer (to incentivize people in locking in)

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017

Considering that Netflix prices are going up again:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/15/18183611/netflix-subscription-price-increase

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to cancel, just wait a couple months for new seasons of shows I want to see, binge them, and cancel again.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I wouldn't expect a price increase till at least when it's been rolled out to everyone, so that's two years. They might keep the year at the same rate for a little while longer (to incentivize people in locking in)

Yeah that's true. Maybe circa 2022/23. With the number of powerful IPs and announced context under their umbrella, those sub numbers are very likely to rise rapidly.

Considering that Netflix prices are going up again:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/15/18183611/netflix-subscription-price-increase

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to cancel, just wait a couple months for new seasons of shows I want to see, binge them, and cancel again.

Funny enough I changed my payment details today and mulled that for a moment myself, or at least drop a tier( I pay for the 2 screens HD for $12.99) but for them to even be offering an SD tier at this point is ridiculous. I may get to the point where I cancel and re-up depending on if they're putting out something can't miss.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many people excited about this, but I don't really see the attraction.

I thought this was going to be unfettered access to the Disney vault, but it seems like a pretty limited selection of Greatest Hits. I was hoping for more deep cuts and rarely seen material.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
So many people excited about this, but I don't really see the attraction.

I thought this was going to be unfettered access to the Disney vault, but it seems like a pretty limited selection of Greatest Hits. I was hoping for more deep cuts and rarely seen material.

I think you are getting everything if not at launch, then soon after

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/7/18254942/disney-vault-streaming-service-plus-animated-live-action

Disney+, the company's upcoming streaming service, will carry Disney's entire catalog of animated films, ending Disney's long-standing "vault" program. CEO Bob Iger told shareholders today that Disney+ "at some point fairly soon after launch" will carry films that "traditionally have been kept in a 'vault' and brought out basically every few years."

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even that quote seems unclear to me. "Entire catalog of animated films".....okay, but what about all the animated shorts and live-action features? What about the movies that Disney owns but released under a different imprint (Touchstone Pictures, Buena Vista Pictures, Miramax, etc)?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Even that quote seems unclear to me. "Entire catalog of animated films".....okay, but what about all the animated shorts and live-action features? What about the movies that Disney owns but released under a different imprint (Touchstone Pictures, Buena Vista Pictures, Miramax, etc)?

The implication and analyst projection is that touchstone/Hollywood pictures movies will go to Hulu. Many of the Buena Vista will Be on plus as well as family friendly fox features (national treasure, pirates of Caribbean, remember the Titans were shown).

Searchlight/ many Fox films and more mature hollywood pictures will Be on Hulu

Disney sold miramax back in 2010.

Michael

Oct 28, 2017
The fact that they are offering 4K/HDR content at $7 a month is incredible. This is going to be great, can't wait.

Now, can someone call in a favor to comcast and ask them bump their data cap?

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
People making jokes about how Disney plus better have song of the south And the black face Mickey mouse shorts from the 40s on it Are so funny and so original...