• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Disney+ launches November 12, 2019 in the US; $6.99/mo, $69.99 annual

Oct 25, 2017
Not excited at all. Netflix has far more diverse content ( for adults )
Yeah, I can understand why someone might want this service they have kids. It's cheap and will keep their youngsters entertained in a more safe way than just handing them a tablet with the YouTube app installed.....which has sadly been the go-to option for most parents.

As a regular adult though, it's hard to see the need for Disney+. Hulu replaces your cable subscription since it offers first-run TV content. HBO Go/HBO Now offers second-run content and great original programming. Netflix has third run movies and a pretty wide selection of original content. Disney+ has a lot of older legacy content but none of it seems very relevant or urgent. I think that they will largely have to justify themselves on the strength of their original programming.

Dec 24, 2017
When you rewatch the Investor Day video - with regards to the MCU portion at the end wrap up, they imply within the first year there will only be 13 of the films with more coming in the years ahead which seems a bit weird.

Nov 5, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Advocating Piracy.
No Recess, no Pepper Ann, no interest.
At least for Recess if you sail the high seas, you can quite easily find all episodes for all of the seasons. So, although I would appreciate it if Disney endulged me in my nostlagia to the fullest by including this beloved animated show, it's not the end of the world.

Oct 25, 2017
I subscribe to Prime, Netflix and NowTV. One of those must be dropped if I go for Disney+ and at the moment it's looking to be Netflix as I've hardly touched it in weeks.

Oct 27, 2017
Will this service also be getting Bob''s Burgers?

If so, between that, Futurama, and The Simpsons, is well worth that monthly price point for me. Add to that all the Star Wars stuff (Mandalorian and new Clone Wars especially) and MCU content, I am pretty sold.

Jan 25, 2018
They have marvel and the price is cheap. Thats a day 1 purchase from me. It also says its going to be on ps4 at launch so I dont even know why anyone would speculate if the spider man movies will be on it or not.

Oct 26, 2017
They have marvel and the price is cheap. Thats a day 1 purchase from me. It also says its going to be on ps4 at launch so I dont even know why anyone would speculate if the spider man movies will be on it or not.
Because they are sony owned productions. Their presence isn't a given and would require Disney to pay for them. Having a PS4 app at launch means nothing.

Amazing price for 4K, that's incredible! But there's a huge caveat in all this, because they're still a profit-driven company and they don't do this because it's in our best interests. I hope Netflix and other streaming competitors can survive that aggressive Disney pricing. I mean it's good news for us consumers in the short term, but if competitors can't keep up and go under, or God forbid even a giant like Netflix bites the dust, Disney will raise the price without a second of hesitation back to status quo, if not even more expensive.

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, that's an amazing price. Dunno if I'll be in day one, but certainly when the Marvel and Star Wars original content starts coming out I'm in.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
How will it work for a film coming out in cinemas such as Frozen 2? Does it arrive on Disney+ the same day, or does it come out the same day as the blu-rays?

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried the Japanese version which launched a few days ago?
I've seen how it works and everything, seems good except I can't find good info on image and sound quality offerings.

Oct 25, 2017
London
How will it work for a film coming out in cinemas such as Frozen 2? Does it arrive on Disney+ the same day, or does it come out the same day as the blu-rays?
Neither. It comes out the same time as it would on Netflix US currently, which is the pay television window, 3 -6 months after the Blu-ray release.

This is unlikely to be the case in many parts of the world if/when it launches internationally. It will be much later on average.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It arrives 2 or 3 months after the Blu-Rays.
Neither. It comes out the same time as it would on Netflix US currently, which is the pay television window, 3 -6 months after the Blu-ray release.

This is unlikely to be the case in many parts of the world if/when it launches internationally. It will be much later on average.
Oh, that's not ideal... but money is money for Disney.

I'm guessing this is better for all the new TV shows that will drop exclusively on it.

Nov 2, 2017
Downloads of all content
4k with no tiers
Big Pixar within a year of cinema
Every Simpsons season

This is damn aggressive although I expect pretty much annual price rises once they are established

I really hope this doesn't mean Disney will stop releasing its Pixar films on bluray though :(

Jan 15, 2018
As I said in the mandalorian thread. They have to be very delusional if they think people outside the US wont just get stuff through other means when they do this shit.

Nov 7, 2017
Downloads of all content
4k with no tiers
Big Pixar within a year of cinema
Every Simpsons season

This is damn aggressive although I expect pretty much annual price rises once they are established

I really hope this doesn't mean Disney will stop releasing its Pixar films on bluray though :(
They won't. Movies will only be in the service months after they've been released on Blu-Ray. Disney wants to get money off the theatrical release, the home media release and from the streaming service.

As I said in the mandalorian thread. They have to be very delusional if they think people outside the US wont just get stuff through other means when they do this shit.
If they really won't be releasing the service outside of America until late next year, everyone else will just pirate the show. Not going to be much of a selling point for the service then, but even HBO is smart enough to realise you want to hit that simultaneous airing of your big shows in as many countries as possible.

Oct 25, 2017
London
If they really won't be releasing the service outside of America until late next year, everyone else will just pirate the show. Not going to be much of a selling point for the service then, but even HBO is smart enough to realise you want to hit that simultaneous airing of your big shows in as many countries as possible.
The content might not be exclusive outside of the US. Quite possible they'll sell the show to others internationally.

Oct 25, 2017
So, as a big Simpsons fan (yes, I even watch the newer stuff) will we get all 30 seasons in the UK when it launches? As if they do I'd probably sub for that alone.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess it’s safe to say these things will never be on Netflix again/no longer in the running for future titles?