• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is worth it for the Disney Channel moviess alone. I've been dying to rewatch them. It's been decades!

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
You know damn well Disney is never in your lifetime gonna knowledge song of the south existed.

If you were trying to be funny it's a stupid ass joke and if you were being serious and actually wanna watch a racist trash movie that says a lot about you
Yes I know they probably wouldn't acknowledge it (despite Splash Mountain, which is weird). They did imply their ENTIRE catalog.

So it was a joke in a sardonic sense, I suppose. And no I'm not racist but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see it once from a purely academic/historical perspective.

And if they did somehow decide to present it, it should absolutely have some kind of disclaimer or wraparound or historical context mandatory intro/outro, but that's neither here nor there since, as you said, they'll never show it.

I am genuinely sorry if my comment offended or upset you.

Last edited:

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Yes I know they probably wouldn't acknowledge it (despite Splash Mountain, which is weird). They did imply their ENTIRE catalog.

So it was a joke in a sardonic sense, I suppose. And no I'm not racist but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see it once from a purely academic/historical perspective.

And if they did somehow decide to present it, it should absolutely have some kind of disclaimer or wraparound or historical context mandatory intro/outro, but that's neither here nor there since, as you said, they'll never show it.

I do love Splash Mountain though. And genuinely sorry if my comment offended or upset you.
I said it in another post but the joke were you bring uo sots or the black face Mickey cartoons being on Disney plus is just overdone

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not excited at all. Netflix has far more diverse content ( for adults )
Yeah, I can understand why someone might want this service they have kids. It's cheap and will keep their youngsters entertained in a more safe way than just handing them a tablet with the YouTube app installed.....which has sadly been the go-to option for most parents.

As a regular adult though, it's hard to see the need for Disney+. Hulu replaces your cable subscription since it offers first-run TV content. HBO Go/HBO Now offers second-run content and great original programming. Netflix has third run movies and a pretty wide selection of original content. Disney+ has a lot of older legacy content but none of it seems very relevant or urgent. I think that they will largely have to justify themselves on the strength of their original programming.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
When you rewatch the Investor Day video - with regards to the MCU portion at the end wrap up, they imply within the first year there will only be 13 of the films with more coming in the years ahead which seems a bit weird.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Will for sure drop mu amazon prime for this. Might even drop netflix because the offerings are lackluster

Nov 5, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Advocating Piracy.
No Recess, no Pepper Ann, no interest.
At least for Recess if you sail the high seas, you can quite easily find all episodes for all of the seasons. So, although I would appreciate it if Disney endulged me in my nostlagia to the fullest by including this beloved animated show, it's not the end of the world.

Jill Sandwich

Oct 25, 2017
I subscribe to Prime, Netflix and NowTV. One of those must be dropped if I go for Disney+ and at the moment it's looking to be Netflix as I've hardly touched it in weeks.

Oct 27, 2017
Will this service also be getting Bob''s Burgers?

If so, between that, Futurama, and The Simpsons, is well worth that monthly price point for me. Add to that all the Star Wars stuff (Mandalorian and new Clone Wars especially) and MCU content, I am pretty sold.

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
They have marvel and the price is cheap. Thats a day 1 purchase from me. It also says its going to be on ps4 at launch so I dont even know why anyone would speculate if the spider man movies will be on it or not.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
They have marvel and the price is cheap. Thats a day 1 purchase from me. It also says its going to be on ps4 at launch so I dont even know why anyone would speculate if the spider man movies will be on it or not.

Because they are sony owned productions. Their presence isn't a given and would require Disney to pay for them. Having a PS4 app at launch means nothing.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Amazing price for 4K, that's incredible! But there's a huge caveat in all this, because they're still a profit-driven company and they don't do this because it's in our best interests. I hope Netflix and other streaming competitors can survive that aggressive Disney pricing. I mean it's good news for us consumers in the short term, but if competitors can't keep up and go under, or God forbid even a giant like Netflix bites the dust, Disney will raise the price without a second of hesitation back to status quo, if not even more expensive.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, that's an amazing price. Dunno if I'll be in day one, but certainly when the Marvel and Star Wars original content starts coming out I'm in.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How will it work for a film coming out in cinemas such as Frozen 2? Does it arrive on Disney+ the same day, or does it come out the same day as the blu-rays?

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried the Japanese version which launched a few days ago?
I've seen how it works and everything, seems good except I can't find good info on image and sound quality offerings.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
How will it work for a film coming out in cinemas such as Frozen 2? Does it arrive on Disney+ the same day, or does it come out the same day as the blu-rays?

Neither. It comes out the same time as it would on Netflix US currently, which is the pay television window, 3 -6 months after the Blu-ray release.

This is unlikely to be the case in many parts of the world if/when it launches internationally. It will be much later on average.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It arrives 2 or 3 months after the Blu-Rays.
Neither. It comes out the same time as it would on Netflix US currently, which is the pay television window, 3 -6 months after the Blu-ray release.

This is unlikely to be the case in many parts of the world if/when it launches internationally. It will be much later on average.

Oh, that's not ideal... but money is money for Disney.

I'm guessing this is better for all the new TV shows that will drop exclusively on it.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Downloads of all content
4k with no tiers
Big Pixar within a year of cinema
Every Simpsons season

This is damn aggressive although I expect pretty much annual price rises once they are established

I really hope this doesn't mean Disney will stop releasing its Pixar films on bluray though :(

Karasseram

Jan 15, 2018
As I said in the mandalorian thread. They have to be very delusional if they think people outside the US wont just get stuff through other means when they do this shit.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Downloads of all content
4k with no tiers
Big Pixar within a year of cinema
Every Simpsons season

This is damn aggressive although I expect pretty much annual price rises once they are established

I really hope this doesn't mean Disney will stop releasing its Pixar films on bluray though :(
They won't. Movies will only be in the service months after they've been released on Blu-Ray. Disney wants to get money off the theatrical release, the home media release and from the streaming service.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Day 1 subscription for me.

This, Netflix, HBO is more than enough content.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the mandalorian thread. They have to be very delusional if they think people outside the US wont just get stuff through other means when they do this shit.

If they really won't be releasing the service outside of America until late next year, everyone else will just pirate the show. Not going to be much of a selling point for the service then, but even HBO is smart enough to realise you want to hit that simultaneous airing of your big shows in as many countries as possible.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
If they really won't be releasing the service outside of America until late next year, everyone else will just pirate the show. Not going to be much of a selling point for the service then, but even HBO is smart enough to realise you want to hit that simultaneous airing of your big shows in as many countries as possible.

The content might not be exclusive outside of the US. Quite possible they'll sell the show to others internationally.