• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
User warned: breaking the self-promotion rules. Please re-read the FAQ.
I just discovered this free service called Disney Movie Club where Disney gives you insanely good deals on their movies.

Upon sign up, they'll give you 4 movies (5 if you want to [link removed by moderation], full disclosure it gives me 2 free movies) for $1 with free shipping. Sounds too good to be true, right?

There's a catch but if you like movies and plan on buying physical media whether it be DVD, Blu-ray, or 4K, it's not much of a catch. You need to purchase 5 movies from the DMC store over the next 24 months. That means Infinity War, Black Panther, Solo, probably Star Wars Episode IX, and more.

The one thing that could trip people up is that about every 4 weeks they offer to send you a featured movie. They'll tell you what the title is and you have several weeks to say if you want it or not, if you want it or don't respond, they'll send it and charge your card the cost of the movie. Upside is, it counts towards your five movie commitment. Once you've met the commitment requirements, your account will be upgraded to VIP where you'll be given even better discounts and free collectible pins. You can choose to cancel the program from here and you won't have to worry about the featured movie deal anymore.

You can even restart the membership once you cancel and use the 5 movie, $1 deal again. Pretty easy and cheap way to build your movie collection. I tried to use a second email and do it again but I think they may have some sort of protection against two accounts under the same credit card or address because I didn't get an email confirmation and I can't sign in or create an account with that second email.

They have really good deals and given Disney doesn't really ever let their stuff go sale, this is the only place where you'll get movies on their catalogue for cheap. I have Thor Rangarok 4K in my cart and it's about $20 whereas it's typically $30 - $35 I believe.

On top of just standard Disney stuff, they sell stuff from their subsidiaries like Touchstone so you can find more mature movies like The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and other PG-13 or R-rated movies.

I got The Incredibles, Iron Man 3, The Avengers, and GotG 2 for $1 on Blu-ray so I'd say that's a damn good deal. Figured I'd drop this here for fellow movie lovers. The only restriction on the 5 movie, $1 deal is that you won't find many movies from beyond 2016 or Star Wars movies. Everything else is there pretty much. Civil War, Doc Strange, all the Pixar movies, Classic Disney movies, hell the new Beauty and the Beast was there and that was 2017.

Tl;dr: Best way to build your movie collection, referral code for 5 movies for $1 in second paragraph, there's some catches that will charge you money if you don't pay attention to your email but otherwise it's a great service.

Enjoy folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.