• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
A 58-year-old Disney executive has been charged with three felony counts of child sexual abuse.

Jon Heely, the director of music publishing at Disney, was arrested and charged with three counts of lewd and lascivious acts on a child, Variety reported.

The 58-year-old, who was arrested on Nov. 16 and released six days later on $150,000 bail, is accused of abusing two underage girls about a decade ago.

One alleged victim was 15. The other was abused for four years starting at the age of 11, according to the charges.

His attorney Robert Helfend said Heely "vehemently denies these allegations."

Heely, who oversees the licensing of music from Disney films, pleaded not guilty on Thursday. He faces up to nine years and three months in prison if convicted.

He was suspended from Disney late Friday, with a spokesperson telling Variety, "Immediately upon learning of this situation tonight, he has been suspended without pay until the matter is resolved by the courts."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ted-charged-child-sex-abuse-article-1.3686887

Edit: Twitter pictured in article: https://twitter.com/jonheely

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
More house cleaning, Lasseter and this guy. I thought there would be more Nickolodean producers and execs being accused from all those rumors from before this whole movement happened.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More house cleaning, Lasseter and this guy. I thought there would be more Nickolodean producers and execs being accused from all those rumors from before this whole movement happened.
Disney Music seems like the sort of place that's simply teeming with this kind of shit.

What happened to Lasseter? Also my nine year old watches Disney TV shows. Maybe it's all innocent but there's something troubling about how kids are commoditized on that network.

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
Only nine years? Up to nine years? What is this garbage. Take him off the streets forever.