• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, he was ok in Rogue One but is there anyone out there clamoring for this?

The biggest problem with Disney's handling of Star Wars is their inability to just go off and do new stuff whole cloth. I don't want prequels and more tie ins to existing characters. Go way in the past KOTOR style with all new characters or some series with entirely new characters, not prequels.

ERA will eat so much crow when this series reveals its own version of "baby Yoda" and becomes the most popular Star Wars series ever. Mark my words.
Baby Chewie- book it.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I mean Diego Luna is fcking awesome, and I loved Rogue One, but....

Do we really need a prequel of a prequel?......

Can Disney just be like.... a LITTLE creative?

It's not even a prequel of a prequel....it's a show focusing on the backstory of a single forgettable character from that film.

It's bizarre they would even make a show about this.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
THE STORY YOU'VE ALL/SOME/A FEW/DIEGO LUNA'S FAMILY HAS BEEN WAITING FOR

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ERA will eat so much crow when this series reveals its own version of "baby Yoda" and becomes the most popular Star Wars series ever. Mark my words.

So all they need to do is shoehorn in some cute mascot? I mean, people complained about Han Solo getting an origin story so surely one for Cassian Andor is even less appealing?

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
who the hell wants a show based on one of the paper thin Rogue One characters. YUCK

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, how was this greenlit? Definitely prefer a series about original characters.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even a prequel of a prequel....it's a show focusing on the backstory of a single forgettable character from that film.

It's bizarre they would even make a show about this.
They have a top secret idea (character or concept or item or whatever) to make people care, just like Mando had baby Yoda. (And Mando didn't even NEED baby Yoda for people to care, so the surprise in this Cassian Andor series must be even bigger.)

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
lol give me a show about that monk dude and his buddy

this guy is generic as generic can be

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Needed to look up who tf Cassian Andor is, and was he an interesting character? I barely remember most of the Rogue one body count.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Eventually ERA will realize that they way they feel about something or someone isn't always how everyone else feels.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
They have to work hard to get me interested in this. Nobody was interesting in Rogue One imo.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The 'no interest/hard skip' posts are so weird. Why?

A Mexican leading man, how generic.

As a Mexican-American, I can attest that this is generic as hell. It doesn't matter that he's Hispanic.

Cassian Andor isn't really a character that deserves his own show.

Star Wars is weirdly being sparse with the fantasy aspect of Star Wars rather than going all in on it.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I'm so ready for this franchise to move beyond the movies.

Seems like everything has to be set between the movies or within a timeline thats extremely close to the movies.

Give us new conflicts, new characters and new ideas. Franchise needs to evolve past the movies.

Oct 25, 2017
Not too interested in the Cassian character or his backstory all that much but I guess if they tie him into the larger rebellion and make it about that, then it could be okay. Mon Mothma could be a supporting character. Throw JIMMY SMITS in there a couple times. Live action Hera? Is K2SO in this?

(But they could announce that this is cancelled and I wouldn't feel the slightest tinge of sadness.)

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
What do you think you're gonna get in the Obi Wan series? That'll be the backdrop as well.

And if the Aphra rumors are true that'll be in the backdrop as well.
backdrop is fine. we already had in focus in the OT and rebels, we don't need anymore. Obi Wan series should definitely NOT focus on that stuff.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Solo wasn't enough, gotta do it again in TV streaming form.

Next is a video game chronicling the backstory of Lobot.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As a Mexican-American, I can attest that this is generic as hell. It doesn't matter that he's Hispanic.

Cassian Andor isn't really a character that deserves his own show.

Star Wars is weirdly being sparse with the fantasy aspect of Star Wars rather than going all in on it.

We haven't even seen anything about this show yet or the other stars.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously "who gives a shit about Cassian Andor" but as a generic avatar he could theoretically be put in an interesting story that tells us new neat stuff about the universe, ala the unexpected Baby Yaddle. So will keep an open mind.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pass.

lol give me a show about that monk dude and his buddy

this guy is generic as generic can be

Yep, would rather see the backstory of the robot than this dude. Discount Han Solo / Kyle Katarn, tale as old as time, no thanks. Even that Harley Quinn copy they have would be a better thing than this, and I despise that character (apparently her show is coming but later).

At least Obi-Wan is coming.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused as to why anyone would want this. Cassian wasn't much of a character and he died so young there really isn't much you can do with him.

he is the least interesting character of his movie tho

I mean, why settle for generic dude when you can have a blind kung fu master and his boyfriend?

Pretty much. The whole cast except the droid is kind of lame, but at least Chirrut and Baze had a unique relationship.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I'm down for a grimy series about the bad underbelly of Rebel scum.

Not sure Cassian was a great character, preferred Jyn, but I guess her story was mostly told already.