• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of the absolut lamest characters I've ever seen in a Star Wars movie. He isn't funny, he isn't terrible, he isn't interesting, he's just a huge void of charisma, a customizable RPG character come to life. The other lifeless husks of characters in Rogue One at least had a gimmick that made them distinguishable from the others. He was just...there. I haven't seen a single person mentioning him as a favorite or anything the like.

It's a total mystery to me why Disney would chose to produce a show about him of all people.

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
The 'no interest/hard skip' posts are so weird. Why?

A Mexican leading man, how generic.
that's great his character is still incredibly generic
Pass.

Yep, would rather see the backstory of the robot than this dude. Discount Han Solo / Kyle Katarn, tale as old as time, no thanks. Even that Harley Quinn copy they have would be a better thing than this, and I despise that character (apparently her show is coming but later).

At least Obi-Wan is coming.
exactly

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
"As a teen" to me seems like it will be aiming at the Descendants crowd. Not a bad thing, but maybe not for the same adult audience as the mainstream Star Wars movies.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously. I'm not sure I've ever read a synopsis less interesting than "explore Cassian's backstory. We will meet his sister and get to see Cassian as a teen".

Might as well just write "some stuff will happen and you'll get to see some people".
I don't think that's the official synopsis

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"As a teen" to me seems like it will be aiming at the Descendants crowd. Not a bad thing, but maybe not for the same adult audience as the mainstream Star Wars movies.
I wouldn't take those words to mean anything but flashbacks. We know Diego Luna is reprising his role and Alan Tudyk is back as K2SO so most of it will involve his time in the rebellion.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hope he finally gets to discover the texture of Jabba

tumblr_oichczJGQq1vjdt8po4_r1_400.gifv

tumblr_ohyc7vJNBx1uzm0gno1_500.gif

19ca876af783005df8b17c20ff5976b7.gif

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Sure but this is a very poor choice in protagonist. He was pretty generic in RO.

SW has way more interesting characters to build a story around. This dude isn't it.

Even a damn Aayla Secura show would've been more interesting.

he's probably the only person they could get to make a "continuation" of Rogue One without it being even lamer or more expensive characters. it should have been about Forest Whitaker's character if anything, that is like the only interesting side story to the whole thing

Madness80

Feb 28, 2018
This is for the hardcore SW fan, so I'm hyped. Anything in the gritty rise of the Empire, post Clone Wars era looks so good live action.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I liked Cassian a lot in R1. He's more of a foil for Jyn than anything else but I'm curious about his checkered past and the darker side of the Rebellion in its infancy. There's some great talent behind the camera as well. I'll admit I'm a still a little baffled they chose to go in this direction, but I think it has more potential than people give it credit for.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
we wanted this? Why not do the shit that actually works and is interesting with their got damn base.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, they are really going to milk this Star Wars/Marvel shit till it isa dried husk. Will they ever do something completely original?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Some of y'all are acting like this is the first time we've heard of this.

And also acting we're not getting original stuff down line with the new movies, but just remember:
PJpG4BE.gif

Dec 22, 2017

Some bullet points:

*Rogue One screenwriter writing the pilot episode

*Alan Tudyk returning as K-2SO

*Synopsis: "The rousing spy thriller will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire."

But he is a boring, uncharismatic (read: Mexican) actor so who cares?!?!

Seriously, after all the Boyega/Finn takes this week I can't help but side-eye some of the posters here. Show sounds cool to me, and I trust their TV output based on the Mandalorian so far.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
he's probably the only person they could get to make a "continuation" of Rogue One without it being even lamer or more expensive characters. it should have been about Forest Whitaker's character if anything, that is like the only interesting side story to the whole thing

I'm kinda surprised we haven't gotten more Saw in that time period. We have his start in Clone Wars and his time with the rebellion in Rebels but not the period between that. I bet it'll come up tho.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this even a thing. Yawn.

This reeks of Solo to me in the sense of unnecessary development.

Anyway I'm hoping to be proven wrong

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I mean if it's of the quality of The Mandalorian cool, but really that's the only reason I would be at all interested in this. Rogue One was OK at best when it came to the story and characters. Andor was probably the most compelling, but not so much that I would want to see more of him.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I really don't understand why this exists, he was boring. I will just think of this as a K2SO series instead.

pedrothelion

Oct 28, 2017
This is a Star Wars spy series by one of the show runners of The Americans and also has the involvement of Tony Gilroy. Who wouldn't want this? Some of the hot takes in this thread are mystifying.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm 100 percent excited for this cause I liked his character and I like the actor.

There you go ERA. One person so far. I asked for this.