• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
We don't need movies on every side character from the movies unless they're legitimately interesting? Please don't go that route.

Ob-Wan, fine. Cassian, no.

Vegeto

Oct 26, 2017
Frankfurt
I like this guy and I liked his character in RO, although right now I cannot imagine why I would want to watch this show. But you never know, I will give it a fair chance.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Rogue One and Solo are the best movies released since the Disney acquisition. @ me, y'all.

giphy.gif

I agree.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
R1 is a fav and I'm up for more of anything tv sci-fi wise so yay. Just keep the quality in or around where Mando has been and I'm all for it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wait for what?

I don't find Cassian an interesting character at all. He did absolutely nothing for me in Rogue One.
Wait and see what the show is actually about? Maybe it explores some interesting SW lore and ends up going in a different direction than what we saw in R1. Maybe his character is more interesting. I'm not going to write off an entire show before we even have a shred of an idea of what it's gunna be like.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is a Star Wars spy series by one of the show runners of The Americans and also has the involvement of Tony Gilroy. Who wouldn't want this? Some of the hot takes in this thread are mystifying.

The talent behind the show is very interesting, but it's very hard to get excited for this character after Rogue One.

Like yea, if the show is good folks mind will change. But again, the character was boring as hell in Rogue One so even with good talent behind the show it's hard to get excited for the character.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
More interest than the Mandalorian, just don't do it like the Mandalorian (live action episode of the wek cartoon without much depth).

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'll watch it... I guess. But I really don't care about this character at all haha. Hopefully they can do something interesting with it.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
They must have the likeness rights for a few more years.

Whatever, I'll watch it. I like the actor and the character.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's better to take a character like this and make a show than one that people already know and love.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have much love for Rogue One but will watch just cause the writer from The Americans, aka the best series of this decade, is the show runner.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i legit had no idea who the hell cassian was until i looked him up. i remember watching rogue one and even liking it but i don't remember what his character did.

Dec 12, 2017
Wait and see what the show is actually about? Maybe it explores some interesting SW lore and ends up going in a different direction than what we saw in R1. Maybe his character is more interesting. I'm not going to write off an entire show before we even have a shred of an idea of what it's gunna be like.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying I am out on it...just that Cassian Andor as the lead is underwhelming as a baseline.

If this was a show like 'The Mandalorian' where we see the world through a blank slates eyes, I am sold. Kenobi getting a show, makes sense. Beloved character in the 20 year period after ROTS.

Cassian (in the same 20 year time span)? Ehhhhhh.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying I am out on it...just that Cassian Andor as the lead is underwhelming as a baseline. If this was a show like 'The Mandalorian' where we see the world through a blank slates eyes, I am sold. Kenobi getting a show, makes sense. Beloved character in the 20 year period after ROTS.

Cassian (in the same 20 year time span)? Ehhhhhh.
I wasn't particularly whelmed by his character in R1 either. Just saying, one thing I've learned is to never write something off until at least having seen it. It could be completely different from what came before. I think he's a good actor and could do interesting things in the right hands.

pedrothelion

Oct 28, 2017
The talent behind the show is very interesting, but it's very hard to get excited for this character after Rogue One.

Like yea, if the show is good folks mind will change. But again, the character was boring as hell in Rogue One so even with good talent behind the show it's hard to get excited for the character.
Not disagreeing with you. I can understand how some people might not like Cassian as a character. I do think that it's interesting that he was one of the few morally grey characters in any of the films and that's worth exploring in a longer narrative. Especially in then espionage/spy genre.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, the hell? How was this greenlit?

That said, the actor's Jabba fetish is endearing. I'm in. But only if they satisfy his thirst on screen.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing about his character in Rogue One that makes me interested in wanting his series.

That said, if it's Star Wars and it's good, of course I'll watch it... but it wouldn't have been the first one on top of my list.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm confused why people think the cast of The Mandalorian is a good sell but this character won't be...

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Cool, another piece of Star Wars media set in the Clone Wars period, just what we need. There's not enough stuff set there, you know?

Rogue One was good, Diego Luna was great as this character but wow this seems unnecessary.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Hoping this creates a more interesting character than Rogue One did. Would rather have seen Woody Harrelson adventures if we had to pick a character from the side movies.

That said I also don't want to see 'this character as a teen', it's a pretty boring concept to deal with origin stories. Leave some shit to mystery. Reminds me of cheesy shit like Young Indiana Jones, Young Ace Ventura, Young Dumb and Dumber, Young Han Solo...even young Nathan Drake is fairly lame and it rarely turns out more interesting than the source. I usually prefer the opposite where we get a character returning older and maybe changed slightly (obviously not possible for Cassian).

It's a shame because the Luna is genuinley good but the character is dull along with Jyn. Infact almost every character in that movie is more interesting than the two leads.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
A Rebel saboteur in the early days of the Rebellion? He said this during Rogue One:

We'd like to volunteer. Some of us - well, most of us - we've all done terrible things on behalf of the Rebellion. Spies, saboteurs, assassins. Everything I did, I did for the Rebellion. And every time I walked away from something I wanted to forget, I told myself it was for a cause that I believed in. A cause that was worth it. Without that, we're lost. Everything we've done would have been for nothing. I couldn't face myself if I gave up now. None of us could.

He's basically Kyle Katarn before becoming a Jedi. Honestly I'm pretty excited for this project because most Rebels go about their business with such a happy face. If it keeps the tone of Rogue One then count me in.