• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the stuff watchable right now on the Xbox app

- bedknobs and broomsticks
-Blackbeard's ghost
-the cat from outer space
-great mouse detective
-Justin Morgan had a horse
-lady and the tramp 2
-Pete's dragon
-sword in the stone(4K HDR)
-brave little tailor(in sword in the stones extras)
-those calloways
-that's so raven-full series
-smart guy- full series

also im not sure if I'm remembering the discussion incorrectly, but were people talking about how Tarzan wouldn't be on Disney+? It has a listing on here. That one says June 23,2020

And I think Mary poppins returns was being discussed. The page for that says coming January 9, 2021
They just dumped another huge amount of movies on the Xbox app.

Oct 31, 2017
also im not sure if I'm remembering the discussion incorrectly, but were people talking about how Tarzan wouldn't be on Disney+? It has a listing on here. That one says June 23,2020

And I think Mary poppins returns was being discussed. The page for that says coming January 9, 2021

Wouldn't be there at launch due to existing contracts. Disney is smart to do this so that when people search for stuff they want from Disney they can see when it's coming. Any of the Marvel movies showing when they are coming like Civil War?

Mary Poppins make sense because it's 18 months after 07/09 which is when it first appeared on Netflix. It'll disappear from Disney+ 6 years later though for a short period of time.

I dont think having the entirety of the MCU on the service day 1 would be a waste of money at all. A lot of people are going to be surprised when they log in and only see 5 titles...with one of them being Thor 2.

They will have it eventually and for free. If they really needed it they would have done it like they did with Star Wars. Plus they won't have the entirety of the MCU there unless they buy out the contract or license the content from Sony and Universal. The latter will always run the risk of content being pulled. If they want to spend money to buy anything that's what they should spend on, not stuff that's coming to them regardless.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Wouldn't be there at launch due to existing contracts. Disney is smart to do this so that when people search for stuff they want from Disney they can see when it's coming. Any of the Marvel movies showing when they are coming like Civil War?

Mary Poppins make sense because it's 18 months after 07/09 which is when it first appeared on Netflix. It'll disappear from Disney+ 6 years later though for a short period of time.

They will have it eventually and for free. If they really needed it they would have done it like they did with Star Wars. Plus they won't have the entirety of the MCU there unless they buy out the contract or license the content from Sony and Universal. The latter will always run the risk of content being pulled. If they want to spend money to buy anything that's what they should spend on, not stuff that's coming to them regardless.
Problem is the Netflix contract isnt simply expiring. It continues long into the future. All the movies leave Disney Plus in 2026 and goes back to Netflix. I dont think clearing that all up is a waste of money at all.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Yoooo I never looked in the shorts tab before. Smash and grab is watchable right now

0Gh8bKV_d.jpg

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone put together a list of the post-season 9 Simpsons episodes worth watching? The show really dropped off after that first decade but there must be something worth checking out from the last twenty years.

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Has anyone put together a list of the post-season 9 Simpsons episodes worth watching? The show really dropped off after that first decade but there must be something worth checking out from the last twenty years.
I'm just going to add the show to my queue and slowly work my way through seasons 11-30 over the next few years. Even a bad episode is watchable.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017

-Blackbeard's ghost
-great mouse detective
-lady and the tramp 2
-Pete's dragon
-those calloways
-smart guy- full series

Me and the boy watched Lady and Trump 2 it looked very good I thought. There is also a 4K hdr short on there also.

Nov 26, 2017
I give two to go right to Holiday of future past -
Season 23 Episode 9 and Halloween of Horror-
Season 27 Episode 4 they are up there with some of my favorite episodes

zou

Oct 29, 2017
the bummer is I'm hearing it's 1080p only on Samsung, fron the Disney plus reddit. If you want 4K fire stick or apple Tv is the way

Or Xbox. Watched TFA, TLJ and Monster's University over the weekend, all in 4K/DV :)

Hopefully LG gets the app with proper 4K/DV support as well.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017

only marvel movies currently listed are infinity war coming June 25,2020. Thor ragnarok coming December 5,2019.

And then some animated iron man and hulk heroes United movie that's February 16,2020

EDIT: oh, seeing Ant-Man and the wasp now as well. Coming July 29, 2020. And black panther coming March 4,2020

Last edited:

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
Thats the great part, sadly ps4 doesn't support HDR (or even 4K I think, for Disney plus) lame..
What?? Has it been confirmed? What a bummer.
How simple is it to change store location in Xbox to download apps? (I'm currently located in Mexico with a Mexican account, unlike my PS4 which has a US account).

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Considering Disney owns Hulu and sharing Hulu can be a real pain in the ass due to how they handle using it on different IPs, do we know how shareable Disney Plus is going to be? I have a niece that lives across the country that I'd like to share my account with, but when I tried it with Hulu, they pretty much shut that down by knocking me off the service if her IP used it.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
What?? Has it been confirmed? What a bummer.
How simple is it to change store location in Xbox to download apps? (I'm currently located in Mexico with a Mexican account, unlike my PS4 which has a US account).

link is here

Of course we can confirm all of this tomorrow. It appears for sure HDR is not supported on the pro. 4K MIGHT be.

best devices are the fire stick 4K, Apple TV, Xbox one x, etc.. even smart tv's might not get 4K :/

here's a quote -

"
At this moment I can confirm the following:

• The Disney+ app on XBOX One X does support native 4K and HDR
  • The Disney+ app on PS4 Pro does not support HDR (and might not even support native 4K)
  • Samsung TV models build in 2016 or later will have access to the Disney+ app on launch day
  • Samsung TV models build before 2016 will get access to the app starting from march 2020 (but could be later)
  • All Samsung TV's (no matter what build date) do not support 4K or HDR in the Disney+ app, only 1080P SDR will be available"

Oct 31, 2017
Problem is the Netflix contract isnt simply expiring. It continues long into the future. All the movies leave Disney Plus in 2026 and goes back to Netflix. I dont think clearing that all up is a waste of money at all.

Say you are Bob Iger and you have 300MM to spend. Do you A) Buy Netflix out of their contract, B) Buy Universal out of Hulk contract, C) Buy distribution rights to previous SM properties from Sony, D) Buy Miramax's library, E)Invest on original content for Disney+

Money is finite. Option "A" would be at the bottom of my list. Leaving in 2026 for 6-18 months before coming back for good is not that big a deal IMO.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you disable 4K in the settings? I don't give a shit about it (or notice it) with streaming video and I don't want it to eat up my data cap.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

-Blackbeard's ghost
-great mouse detective
-lady and the tramp 2
-Pete's dragon
-those calloways
-smart guy- full series

thanks for these dates

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if that special about the MCU TV shows will have any footage. Probably not, but curious.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Not bad, out of the 20 possible movies, they're up to 16 from the MCU now.

It looks like they're just missing Avengers Infinity War, Thor Ragnarok, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Black Panther.

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
"From Ironman to Endgame" is a really misleading statement. Many people are going to read that as those two movies and all the ones in-between.

New list of MCU films available on launch
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

New List of MCU titles available at launch:

Ant-Man
The Avengers
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Avengers: Endgame
Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Captain America: Civil War
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Thor
Thor: The Dark World

Expanding the Universe

Last edited:

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Not bad, out of the 20 possible movies, they're up to 16 from the MCU now.

It looks like they're just missing Avengers Infinity War, Thor Ragnarok, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Black Panther.
Yeah, those are the only 4 I still see on Netflix. At least in America. I have no idea how they handle Netflix contracts outside of the US though.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017

List of MCU titles available at launch:

Ant-Man
The Avengers
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Avengers: Endgame
Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Captain America: Civil War
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Thor
Thor: The Dark World

Expanding the Universe

Do we have any idea why this launch lineup expansion happened? I thought they only had something like 4-8 planned for launch originally. Was this always planned as a late marketing push? Sudden contract negotiations?

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
i think they bought out the Netflix contact last minute
I think if they did that, they'd have Infinity War, Black Panther, Ragnarok and Ant-man/Wasp. Regardless, my dad's desire was to use Disney Plus to watch the MCU in order, and now he can kinda do it, but he'll need to switch to his Netflix account near the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.