• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anyone know why The Force Awakens releases in 4K in many places and is 4K in Disney+ for Canadians, but in the USA they never released it in 4K anywhere? Unlike the other Star Wars Episodes on Disney+, The Force Awakens is not available in 4K in the USA. Even Vudu digital or 4K UHD Blu-Ray are not available for it in the USA despite being sold outside the USA.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anyone know why The Force Awakens releases in 4K in many places and is 4K in Disney+ for Canadians, but in the USA they never released it in 4K anywhere? Unlike the other Star Wars Episodes on Disney+, The Force Awakens is not available in 4K in the USA. Even Vudu digital or 4K UHD Blu-Ray are not available for it in the USA despite being sold outside the USA.

Maybe they are waiting to release a sequel trilogy set in 4k?

Rogue One was also never released in 4k in the US.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I tried the app on my PS4 today and it drops video while the audio continues to play. How are Disney so bad at this?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell?

Settle down to watch the Last Jedi and it's not on Disney+?

Was it on there before? I was sure I saw a thumbnail for it before.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
watched Remember the Titans. haven't seen that in like 15 years and that was during school days. for some reason i remember the movie differently. maybe i was so focused remembering certain scenes that became the whole movie for me lol.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
The X-Men films are now available in Canada, except for Logan.

lf59wyo8fi541.jpg

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
That's missing more than just Logan. Days of Future Past is missing too (And Dark Phoenix too but that may be too new)

Edit and the Wolverine too

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I think they said that some that appear on other services currently may be exclusives there for some period, after which they will appear on +. Who knows how many older more obscure things fit this pattern as well.

May 3, 2018
I didn't see Future Past when I posted and there are two movies about Wolverine (well three) Xmen Origins Wolverine and The Wolverine. The Wolverine is not on there.

Origins is the one with the crappy Deadpool. The Wolverine is when he goes to Japan.

But... It is! I just looked, there's X-men Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine. Also Days of Future Past. I checked just now.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagineering was so good, even though they obviously glided over some of the harsher topics. Being soft on the Eisner years was probably a condition for him to appear at all, along with sharing whatever footage he had (I'm assuming he had some - like the Wells eulogy stuff). That and being harsh on Walt probably wasn't going to fly on a Disney Plus show.

That being said, I would be very down for a season 2 that had a more in-depth look at rides and other ins and outs of the parks, including rides that are now gone.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Imagineering was so good, even though they obviously glided over some of the harsher topics. Being soft on the Eisner years was probably a condition for him to appear at all, along with sharing whatever footage he had (I'm assuming he had some - like the Wells eulogy stuff). That and being harsh on Walt probably wasn't going to fly on a Disney Plus show.

That being said, I would be very down for a season 2 that had a more in-depth look at rides and other ins and outs of the parks, including rides that are now gone.

Wouldn't mind one for how they are building Avengers land.

Oct 27, 2017
Letting my subscription lapse at the end of this month after the last episode of Mandalorian.

D+ simply doesn't offer anywhere near the value or incentive to remain subscribed and decidedly lacks the appeal of Netflix, Prime and soon-to-be HBO Max.

An expansive catalog is great but their lack of original programming, both scripted and unscripted, is not attractive in the slightest. Neither is the lack of diverse content. Re-makes of old IP's are also unattractive and unimaginative.

The Marvel series aren't going to be anything groundbreaking or critically acclaimed (much like the Mandalorian) but I'll subscribe for a month to catch up after a few of them release.

D+ works best as a one or two month a year sub compared to its competitors it certainly looks like.

Jul 4, 2018
D+ works best as a one or two month a year sub compared to its competitors it certainly looks like.

In your case that is true. For me personally the reason I bought the year subscription is to have Disney, Pixar, MCU and Str Wars films whenever I want (and in 4K) all the original content is just an added bonus.

At the moment I have Netflix this month for Witcher which I've just seen the first episode of and it is great and some of their films like MarriageStory which was also great, I'll get rid of it til March once it lapses and then watch Kingdom and cancel it again.

It could be because I'm in New Zealand but Netflix doesn't have much great acquired content and their originals don't really lend themselves to re-watches in my opinion, so no point in my having it year round, I also get Prime Video and Animelab once or twice a year to catch up on their content could possibly do the same with Apple TV+ if they put out some great stuff.

This is a much longer retort than what I thought it would be but I really think each people will choose streaming services and how much they keep them throughout the year depending on personal tastes so saying the Disney+ lacks value compared to its competitors I think is overall untrue (it's cheaper, has 4K support and has a lot of high quality films and some great shows with a steady stream of originals coming) but maybe it's just true in your case as someone that purely wants to watch their original content. That's all fine but from the polls that have been done we know most people mainly watch their catalogue content.

I'm sure most of these streaming services will be successful and reach the audiences they are targeting and those that fail will merge with bigger players so it won't be much of a lose to the subscribers overall.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to go rewatch some of the Blue Sky stuff since Spies comes out next week and it seems...it's nowhere.

Letting my subscription lapse at the end of this month after the last episode of Mandalorian.

D+ simply doesn't offer anywhere near the value or incentive to remain subscribed and decidedly lacks the appeal of Netflix, Prime and soon-to-be HBO Max.

An expansive catalog is great but their lack of original programming, both scripted and unscripted, is not attractive in the slightest. Neither is the lack of diverse content. Re-makes of old IP's are also unattractive and unimaginative.

The Marvel series aren't going to be anything groundbreaking or critically acclaimed (much like the Mandalorian) but I'll subscribe for a month to catch up after a few of them release.

I say give it a year and the value of the service will come to fruition, I do see a lot of dropoffs post Mando ending.

HBO Max I think as well won't really come fruition until a few months in and we'll see what Peacock brings next month.

All 3 will eat Netflix's lunch as Prime is kinda doing but NF will still be king despite the content drain.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018

I also loved The Imagineering Story. I found it an amazing documentary series as a Disney Parks-fan. I guess the series had potential to have more seasons if they went in more detail for several attractions, but seeing how they covered everything already I really don't see what they could do for a new season. It will be a one season thing I am afraid :(

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also loved The Imagineering Story. I found it an amazing documentary series as a Disney Parks-fan. I guess the series had potential to have more seasons if they went in more detail for several attractions, but seeing how they covered everything already I really don't see what they could do for a new season. It will be a one season thing I am afraid :(
I think there's going to be a new series where each episode goes very in depth on only one specific ride.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Disney has quite a portfolio of these movies now...

Togo
Iron Will
White Fang
Snow Dogs... not so much this one, but still snow dog/husky related

Status
Not open for further replies.