Disney+ |OT| I can stream this all day

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
OG Lizzie McGuire is so charming to watch. I've been watching an episode every night before bed.
I've been watching with my kids. Besides them remarking "is this show really old" they seem to love it.

I was looking for Boy Meets World so I could watch it with my kids but apparently it's rated PG so is unavailable on their account (I didn't realize that until I logged into the browser via my account).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
All these DPOMs look great between this Togo and Timmy Failure I’m excited with what they are doing on the movie side.
It reminds me of 90s Disney, when "family" used to be a genre in movie rentals (live-action PG movies, usually based on a true story/adventure/fantasies, but often with kids as the stars). If stuff like Togo came out back then, they probably wouldn't do a huge marketing push, but at least a bunch of tv commercials to get people talking.

I feel like the "family" genre is mostly a thing of the past, but ocassionally those type of movies will pop up. Disney+ can at least be able to give these AA movies a home.

Jamiem

Avenger
Jul 4, 2018
New Zealand
It reminds me of 90s Disney, when "family" used to be a genre in movie rentals (live-action PG movies, usually based on a true story/adventure/fantasies, but often with kids as the stars). If stuff like Togo came out back then, they probably wouldn't do a huge marketing push, but at least a bunch of tv commercials to get people talking.

I feel like the "family" genre is mostly a thing of the past, but ocassionally those type of movies will pop up. Disney+ can at least be able to give these AA movies a home.
100% agree also they will probably move the vast majority of their comedies and sport based movies to Disney+ in the future as well as those don’t do as well in theatres anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
100% agree also they will probably move the vast majority of their comedies and sport based movies to Disney+ in the future as well as those don’t do as well in theatres anymore.
They have already stated they were going to do that (They mentioned some of those same family/sports movies). We already had Togo, which felt like one of those true stories/family movies that Disney loves.

“We’re really proud of those smaller films we were making — ‘Queen of Katwe,’ ‘McFarland, USA’ — but we couldn’t get them to work as a business,” Sean Bailey, the president of production for Disney’s flagship movie division, said rather glumly. “Theaters were no longer a hospitable home for them.”

Disney Plus will serve up 10 new films during its first year. Budgets range between $20 million and $60 million.
That article actually speaks to several movies. Its a good read.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
They have already stated they were going to do that (They mentioned some of those same family/sports movies). We already had Togo, which felt like one of those true stories/family movies that Disney loves.

That article actually speaks to several movies. Its a good read.
Boo paywall'd, but that's great to see them focusing on it! Even as a kid I wasn't really into sports but loved sports movies! Another thing that have seemed to have quietly disappeared... and yeah, it's no surprise that those smaller Disney movies don't work at theaters anymore. Too many choices/blockbusters nowadays it seems, that the smaller movies have very short runs and usually quickly forgotten (unless WOM gets around if they turn out to be amazing). Almost everything in the 90s had a thetrical run, and more of a chance to catch eyes (with sequels/low budget studios making up the bulk of direct-to-video).

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Boo paywall'd, but that's great to see them focusing on it! Even as a kid I wasn't really into sports but loved sports movies! Another thing that have seemed to have quietly disappeared... and yeah, it's no surprise that those smaller Disney movies don't work at theaters anymore. Too many choices/blockbusters nowadays it seems, that the smaller movies have very short runs and usually quickly forgotten (unless WOM gets around if they turn out to be amazing). Almost everything in the 90s had a thetrical run, and more of a chance to catch eyes (with sequels/low budget studios making up the bulk of direct-to-video).
I used my one free article a month on a DIsney Plus article lol.