• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2018
Which devices for the app let you watch in 4K?
This is a little outdated as it's from last November but that means possibly even more are supported now.

Streaming devices
  • Roku Premiere
  • Roku Premiere+
  • Roku Ultra
  • Roku Ultra LT
  • Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Apple V 4K
  • Chromecast Ultra
  • NVIDIA Shield TV (2017 and 2019)
  • NVIDIA Shield TV Pro
  • Fire TV Stick 4K
  • Fire TV Cube (1st and 2nd gen)
  • Xiaomi Mi Box S
Gaming Consoles
  • Xbox One series
  • Playstaton 4
Smart TVs

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
This is a little outdated as it's from last November but that means possibly even more are supported now.

Streaming devices
  • Roku Premiere
  • Roku Premiere+
  • Roku Ultra
  • Roku Ultra LT
  • Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Apple V 4K
  • Chromecast Ultra
  • NVIDIA Shield TV Pro
  • Fire TV Stick 4K
  • Xiaomi Mi Box S
Gaming Consoles
  • Xbox One series
  • Playstaton 4
Smart TVs
Many thanks. Hopefully my Sony TV gets it. Has Disney Life so fingers crossed.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017

Streaming devices
  • Roku Premiere
  • Roku Premiere+
  • Roku Ultra
  • Roku Ultra LT
  • Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Apple V 4K
  • Chromecast Ultra
  • NVIDIA Shield TV Pro
  • Fire TV Stick 4K
  • Xiaomi Mi Box S
Gaming Consoles
  • Xbox One series
  • Playstaton 4
Smart TVs
For everyone that has used the service, I have an Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and a compatible LG TV. Which one offers the best 4k HDR picture? Thanks

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've gone for the email offer of £49.99 for the first year too. Roll on March 24th! I'll probably stop Netflix soon after.
Yep I went for the £49 offer. Had a quick browse of the American selection and it's decent, it will be interesting (and disappointing) to see what's missing in the UK library but I can just continue using VPN if it sucks.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
I tried a couple of free VPNs but I just get stuck on the Disney+ login page, with the loading swirl forever swirling. Think I'll just wait for the 24th.

Jul 4, 2018
For everyone that has used the service, I have an Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and a compatible LG TV. Which one offers the best 4k HDR picture? Thanks
I have an LG B8 and have used both that and the Apple TV4K both are great offer 4K Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, Apple TV4K feels a bit quicker between menus but apart from that they look the same. So yeah going along with everyone else's just use the LG WebOS app, that'll likely be the best experience.

BrianCK

Nov 7, 2017
Apologies if this has been posted already. I'm about to start a new job that will include frequent travel. My plan was to use the download for offline use feature on my Surface Pro so I can watch things on the plane but apparently D+ doesn't allow that on the web version. Has anyone here found a workaround? Some research shows that people were able to install the Xbox D+ UWP app and use that version but every link I've found to that app online is no longer valid.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Proud Family revival officially announced
Hype
Also unfortunate to hear about the Lizzie Maguire show, hopefully they can get that one worked out

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
The series starred Eddie Murphy, and was produced by Imagine Entertainment by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, The Murphy Company and Will Vinton Studios in association with Touchstone Television, marking as Disney's first adult animated series.

so Disney's owns this series...so wassup, anyone hear anything? I just want access to it.

At2Okq1t5GWxvjcCAsjUHnm39mB.jpg

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
So apparently Simpson's is stuck with Sky in the U.K. for the foreseeable future :/

www.independent.co.uk

The Simpsons officially won't be available to watch on Disney+

Long-running animated series won’t feature on new streaming sevice

1)All it states is that will air on Sky first which it was always going to do
2)Disney+ UK support has stated that The Simpsons will be there at UK launch when I have called and used live chat.

N.B Disney+ UK support would be pretty stupid to even state The Simpsons would be on there, I could preorder and then demand a full refund based on that if I preordered it

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
1)All it states is that will air on Sky first which it was always going to do
2)Disney+ UK support has stated that The Simpsons will be there at UK launch when I have called and used live chat.

N.B Disney+ UK support would be pretty stupid to even state The Simpsons would be on there, I could preorder and then demand a full refund based on that if I preordered it

They may be stupid but it wouldn't be the first time support get things wrong. Just going off what I've read on a couple of sites today.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure if this is the place to ask....but anyone know if Avengers Assemble ever gets good? I'm not expecting it to be great, like EMH, but does it ever fall into slightly better characters/story? The beginning is just difficult to watch, with how goofy and one-dimensional they went with everything.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if this is the place to ask....but anyone know if Avengers Assemble ever gets good? I'm not expecting it to be great, like EMH, but does it ever fall into slightly better characters/story? The beginning is just difficult to watch, with how goofy and one-dimensional they went with everything.
Civil War arc and the Secret Wars season are the only the only ones people praise

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Civil War arc and the Secret Wars season are the only the only ones people praise
Squadron supreme and Thunderbolts are pretty fun too

Jul 4, 2018
twitter.com

Daily Kelly Marie Tran on Twitter

“Stephen Anderson confirms that a 10 episode season of Monsters At Work will tentatively premiere on Disney+ in Spring 2021. Kelly Marie Tran will loan her voice to the show as Val Little. (Source: @podWAM) https://t.co/CduTku0SUD”
Thanks, it's a bit of a weird source but there have been weirder, I guess just like the tweet says it's tentative so we'll have to wait for an offical announcement.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Season 1 is just ABYSMALLY bad (and I'm someone who liked Ultimate Spider-Man when everyone else hated it) Season 2 gets a little bad but has that weird and awkward transition from Thanos to Ultron bit when they get to the Squadron Supreme episodes in the last half of season 2 it gets good (nothing amazing but enjoyable) and then the show really finds itself in Season 3 and onward.

Dec 24, 2017
Man Marvel Future Avengers Anime appeared today and while I will try to watch them all, what is most exciting is Deadpool appeared in two episodes which is episodes 7 and 18.
www.disneyplus.com

Disney+ | Video Player

Disney+ is the ultimate streaming experience in Ultra High Def 4k. Finally, a reason to buy a bigger TV.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Man Marvel Future Avengers Anime appeared today and while I will try to watch them all, what is most exciting is Deadpool appeared in two episodes which is episodes 7 and 18.
www.disneyplus.com

Disney+ | Video Player

Disney+ is the ultimate streaming experience in Ultra High Def 4k. Finally, a reason to buy a bigger TV.

i thought that was Disk Wars not Future Avengers?

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else experiencing HDR issues? Both my phone and Sony TV don't enable HDR in the Disney+ app.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
!!!!!!

They seemed to have quietly added 101 Dalmatian Street!

I thought I heard the series was delayed but it's here! Even Just Watch seemed to miss it (as well as Future Avengers)

I'm so happy right now!

Edit: Didn't realize they actually announced it last minute with today's drop. OOF

Last edited:

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

Her quote is comedy gold lol. Did she even bother to ask if sexual content, alcohol, and other mature themes would be allowed in the show? I mean saying something like that shows that she had no clue what she was getting into with Disney. They have no real hunger to bring back Lizzie Mcguire, they just want to make use of IPs they own to sell Disney+ subscriptions.

The revival could still move to Hulu, I'm not ruling that out, but it will be met with extreme reluctance from Disney. Growing Disney+ is their focus with creating new content, and I'm not sure they are willing to move the sequel to one of the most memorable Disney Channel shows to Hulu. They may just very well end up rebooting the original show, focusing on a new teenage girl and cut Hilary Duff out from producing/writing/whatever if she is not for it.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Her quote is comedy gold lol. Did she even bother to ask if sexual content, alcohol, and other mature themes would be allowed in the show? I mean saying something like that shows that she had no clue what she was getting into with Disney.
The original variety article said Duff and the original creator pitched the idea to Disney and got approved. It was only after the show started filming and completed two episodes that Disney changed their minds. Don't see how she's at fault here.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Her quote is comedy gold lol. Did she even bother to ask if sexual content, alcohol, and other mature themes would be allowed in the show? I mean saying something like that shows that she had no clue what she was getting into with Disney. They have no real hunger to bring back Lizzie Mcguire, they just want to make use of IPs they own to sell Disney+ subscriptions.

The revival could still move to Hulu, I'm not ruling that out, but it will be met with extreme reluctance from Disney. Growing Disney+ is their focus with creating new content, and I'm not sure they are willing to move the sequel to one of the most memorable Disney Channel shows to Hulu. They may just very well end up rebooting the original show, focusing on a new teenage girl and cut Hilary Duff out from producing/writing/whatever if she is not for it.

The Love Simon series is moving to Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.