• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for films like 'Home Alone' and 'Jingle All the Way' to be made available on the service.

According to the link I posted earlier, Home Alone 1-3 will be there Nov 12th.

I need to research what HBO Max is, because it sounds like it might be a worthwhile service.

Warner arguably has a superior library to Disney+Fox. HBO Max will be home to that library + originals based on those IPs (sans some that Warner doesn't completely own the rights to like LOTR). Well worth the cost of admission.

Man I wish they bundled marvel unlimited with this. I'd sub for life.

Not sure why they didn't add that as an option for an extra couple of dollars. Though Iger did say that the reason they can do the bundle in the first place is because of Hulu's ARPU for the ad version.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
The appeal seems to be back catalog and Star Wars/Marvel, so I'm not too interested for now. I have my first kid coming in March next year though so I'm sure we'll be signed up at some point.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if one browser will be better to watch than the others on PC? For instance, for Netflix, you need to use Edge or the Windows 10 app if you want 1080p or 4k. The rest of the browsers are 720p.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This gif encapsulates everything that's wrong with Marvel's approach to filmmaking. You have this very important, perhaps the most important scene in the whole MCU, and they just gotta throw in a cheap one-liner joke.

That was one of the best parts of the scene, as it led to the Giant-Man reveal, which resolved a cliffhanger from 10 minutes earlier.

Jul 4, 2018
Yeah, I suppose i'll wait to see the quality, but not sure i'll be able to justify a monthly fee for basically 2x (quite short) TV series per year.

I'll see the films I care about in cinemas. I don't particularly care about having access to back catalogues of Disney films (though appreciate that is a huge draw for many).

I don't think we will get Simpsons in the UK, which could have made a difference.

What I was trying to say is that there will probably be about 3 MCU shows a year and a Star Wars live action show or two as well if that's all your into. I think the media has blown the whole Simpsons thing out of proportion there was an episode on the Netherlands trial(don't know if it was subsequently added too or removed but it was there) source:https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/dgkgzk/new_titles_added_to_dutch_subscription/

edit: but yeah given the length of the series should be easy to catch up over a month of the service and the price point is less than a movie ticket at most cinemas.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Australians have to wait a week huh. Surprised we are even getting the service this early... or at all really.

I'm afraid we won't get all the same content.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
In for the Mandalorian. I'm only really interested in original content here and the first 6 months are pretty light on stuff for me.

I appreciate the value especially if you have kids though

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Is the Simpsons censored? It gets very violent/gory at times so I wouldn't be surprised.
Even the original broadcast in Australia was cut, the episodes I grew up watching over and over on VHS... I had never seen the full Steamboat Itchy scene until recently (they cut before the oven bit).

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
What I was trying to say is that there will probably be about 3 MCU shows a year and a Star Wars live action show or two as well if that's all your into. I think the media has blown the whole Simpsons thing out of proportion there was an episode on the Netherlands trial(don't know if it was subsequently added too or removed but it was there) source:https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/dgkgzk/new_titles_added_to_dutch_subscription/

edit: but yeah given the length of the series should be easy to catch up over a month of the service and the price point is less than a movie ticket at most cinemas.

Yeah, if no delays to production of these shows, then we eventually get 3x MCU shows per year in 2021, or 18 episodes. Also a Star Wars show.

At that amount of content, i'd expect it to be top quality. I'm a little concerned the MCU shows will just be very well polished. I do think I may just end up doing a month subscription per year, bingeing the shows - and then back to Netflix etc...

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Of course excited for The Mandalorian, but also very excited to finally be able to re-watch Star Wars Rebels. Absolutely sublime show that I don't own physically, so I haven't been able to rewatch each episode since the original airings.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
In for the Mandalorian. I'm only really interested in original content here and the first 6 months are pretty light on stuff for me.

I appreciate the value especially if you have kids though

I don't know man there looks to be so much more than children's programming. There are shows and movies on that list that I haven't seen in years. I think there is plenty of new stuff to check out if you don't have kids.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone talking about kids and here's my nearly 30 year old ass just wanting to watch cartoons and Marvel stuff.

Jul 4, 2018
Yeah, if no delays to production of these shows, then we eventually get 3x MCU shows per year in 2021, or 18 episodes. Also a Star Wars show.

At that amount of content, i'd expect it to be top quality. I'm a little concerned the MCU shows will just be very well polished. I do think I may just end up doing a month subscription per year, bingeing the shows - and then back to Netflix etc...

Yeah that's probably the right call if you aren't interestedin any of the other originals or any of the library content. Hopefully the shows turn out amazing so they are worth the money and time investment.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone talking about kids and here's my nearly 30 year old ass just wanting to watch cartoons and Marvel stuff.
It's why I'm subbing. quality cartoons are great to watch to go to sleep to. Most of the decent comedy shows are gone from netflix so I'm quite looking forward to being able to watch stuff like Phinas and Ferb and Milo Murphy to go to sleep to again :P

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Why's American Dragon not on the list? It was a Disney cartoon and seems like a weird omission.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Why's American Dragon not on the list? It was a Disney cartoon and seems like a weird omission.
There's a couple random missing things. Some I feel they may just be waiting on to add more content, quite a few shows from what a laugh(one of their sitcom studios) is missing like Pair of Kings. I'm curious to see when some of the missing backlog comes, there's a decent mix of 90'00'10's content missing on the tv side

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Glorious OT Spectromixer great work.

gotta admit I haven't made up my mind on how I'm gonna watch/purchase this. I guess I'll wait til it drops on PS4? I've been streaming all my content off my smart tv but it's apparently not supported at launch. :/

I'll figure it out Tuesday.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Installed the app on Xbox. Ready to go for Tuesday, already put Sword in the Stone in my list to watch

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So much shit I wanna Re-watch ......I'll probably end up watching none of it and just leaving it running on the background

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I almost feel overwhelmed by all of the things I want to watch plus the rest that the service offers lol.

I'm so so excited for this!

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Is there any chance there'll be a bundle with the live TV version of Hulu? I'd be really interested in that.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Hope LG allows an app. Hate booting up the Xbox for HBO Go, and the LG Netflix app somehow looks better with Dolby Vision on my B7 than it does running on my X.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
It is? With my years old Verizon Unlimited Mobile account I was able to get an invite, though I won't have a code until the 12th.
Answers to your
Disney+ questions.

Are all Unlimited plans eligible for the Disney+ on us offer?

Eligible plans include the Verizon Unlimited plan, Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited, Above Unlimited, Get More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited, Play More Unlimited, and Start Unlimited. Business and prepaid accounts are not eligible.

Are existing Fios and 5G Home customers eligible for the Disney+ on us offer?

The Disney+ on us offer is only for new Fios and 5G Home customers. Business accounts are not eligible.

Are ESPN+, Hulu, or Hulu Live included with Disney+?

Our Disney+ on us offer is only for Disney+ and does not include Hulu or ESPN+.

If I pre-purchased Disney+, am I eligible for the Disney+ on us offer?

Yes, Verizon customers who have already pre-purchased through Disney+ are eligible for Disney+ on us.*

* Your pre-purchase will be paused and resume after the Verizon promo period. If you pre-purchased a monthly subscription through Disney, or a monthly or annual subscription through a third party, the Verizon promotional offer will begin when you enroll through Verizon, but will not automatically replace your pre-purchased subscription. After you enroll and complete the account setup, you will be sent an email with information about how to manage your pre-purchased subscription.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/disneyplus/

Status
Not open for further replies.