• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

"We presented "The Simpsons" in 16:9 aspect ratio at launch in order to guarantee visual quality and consistency across all 30 seasons. Over time, Disney+ will roll out new features and additional viewing options. As part of this, in early 2020, Disney+ will make the first 19 seasons (and some episodes from Season 20) of "The Simpsons" available in their original 4:3 aspect ratio, giving subscribers a choice of how they prefer to view the popular series."

Early 2020, eh?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when Netflix will lose the rights to Once Upon a Time. Despite the rough patches that show went through/devolved into, I can see it being different enough to be appealing to older audiences.

Then again, and with where some of the places that show went with Pan and such, they may just shove it on to Hulu.
Crazy. For me the Xbox One app has been smooth as silk. Works great.
I'll have to download it while playing Fallen Order and see if that works better. PS4 app was great early on, but now I can't even get any HD to be listed, and it's doing the aforementioned freezing when it decides to change to whatever resolution a minute or so in to whatever I try to watch.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't like that Disney+ doesn't remember what episode I last watched.

Thanks for posting this.

I went ahead and requested: The Muppet Show (1976), King of the Hill, and Futurama.

For those who want to request a film or tv show, follow these steps:
  1. Go here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp
  2. Click on "Give Feedback"
  3. Then click on "Request a film or show"

I do wonder if it's for request a new one (i.e. I would like to see Avatar and PoTA extended on a TV series, animated and live action) or something from the library that's not in the service yet. Regardless Imma go with

Planet of the apes
Gone in 60 seconds
Wild Hogs

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
just rewatched pixel perfect, a Disney channel original. still really good to me.

quite cheesy as others are but the songs in this movie is pretty good.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to see what Fox stuff is already on here. Here are my findings so far:

The Simpsons (series)
The Simpsons Movie
Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas (mini movie)
Ice Age: The Great EGG-Scapade (mini movie)

And to my surprise looking at the OP there's going to be an Ice Age mini series!? :O So we have our first Disney X Blue Sky creation? GOD this will be so surreal if it's titled Disney Ice Age or something! LOL

Edit: AND a Rio show as well apparently!

The Ice Age show is seemingly based on Buck (from IA3 and 5), and the Rio show is based on the yellow canary and cardinal pair Nico and Pedro from both films (I think a Nigel-starred show would've been way cooler but that's just me).

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to see what Fox stuff is already on here. Here are my findings so far:

The Simpsons (series)
The Simpsons Movie

And to my surprise looking at the OP there's going to be an Ice Age mini series!? :O So we have our first Disney X Blue Sky creation? GOD this will be so surreal if it's titled Disney Ice Age or something! LOL

The Ice Age show is seemingly based on Buck (from IA3 and 5), and the Rio show is based on the yellow canary and cardinal pair Nico and Pedro from both films (I think a Nigel-starred show would've been way cooler but that's just me).
The first 3 Home Alone movies are on it as well. And Thumbelina (which makes it weird that Anastasia is not).

Setzer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PNW
Is Disney having issues with Dolby Vision/HDR? I can't seem to get movies or shows I watch to stream in 4k. Dolby Vision worked fine for me on Wednesday when I watched Mandalorian and now I'm trying to watch the 2nd episode and it wants to stream in regular HD. Tried a few other movies and shows and same results. Switched over to the Netflix app and loaded up some Dolby Vision content and it works great so I know it's not the TV. Anyone else having this issue?

Oct 26, 2017
The first 3 Home Alone movies are on it as well. And Thumbelina (which makes it weird that Anastasia is not).

AHHH I love Thumbelina! OH MY GOD we actually have a Don Bluth film! O_o But wait, I didn't know Fox had Thumbelina? They became Bluth's distributor some years back (see all the DVD and Blu-rays of them), but does Disney now actually own the film?

Oct 31, 2017

The Simpsons (series)
The Simpsons Movie

I am guessing Disney renames Blue Sky to Disney's Blue Sky in the next 5 years after they streamline the process there.

Oct 27, 2017

The Simpsons (series)
The Simpsons Movie

There's more. The biggest FOX properties other than Simpsons on Disney+ that you didn't mention are the Home Alone series, The Sound of Music, the original Miracle of 34th Street. Also some smaller ones like Never Been Kissed and The Sandlot.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, there's a decent amount of Fox stuff on there already.

Rookie of the Year (1993) and Journey to the Center of Earth (1959) are also 20th Century Fox films available on Disney+

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What the hell is with Simpsons?
Why is season 3 like 6 episodes?
Season 2 is like 5.
This seems to be a glitch with whatever app you're using because I can see everything on both my iPhone (which previously was missing a bunch of entire seasons when I checked on launch day) and my PC. The only Simpsons episode not listed is the one they chose not to make available, S3E1 with Michael Jackson.

Last edited:

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I don't like that Disney+ doesn't remember what episode I last watched.
It's insane that it doesn't do this. No indication of what episodes you've already watched, and no "Continue Watching" section so you can easily access any series/movies you started. These are BEAR NECESSITIES for a streaming service.

Also no notification when a new episode of a series you've been watching is added. How would I know there was a new Goldblum episode unless I check its specific page daily? Come on!

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's insane that it doesn't do this. No indication of what episodes you've already watched, and no "Continue Watching" section so you can easily access any series/movies you started. These are BEAR NECESSITIES for a streaming service.

Also no notification when a new episode of a series you've been watching is added. How would I know there was a new Goldblum episode unless I check its specific page daily? Come on!

I got a notification on my phone for a new episode of Mando last night.

As for continue watching, the threadmarks have your answer.

Oct 27, 2017
My kid goes to me this morning "Daddy, they changed another movie, not just star wars!"

I'm like, "What???"

Kid starts laughing and shows me the splash screen for the first Toy Story movie, which has Jessie on it.

(Obviously they didn't change the movie, but you get it considering how bare the UI is at launch)

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just realized I'll finally be able to watch both the Ducktales reboot and Legend of the Three Caballeros.

Neat.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I see, thank you! What a kind OP you are.

I definitely don't want to turn on phone notifications though, I'd want a notification within the app like Netflix has.
Then you should make a suggestion to D+ about what you want. I'm assuming those things are coming but might as well suggest them anyway.

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
I'm outraged that one of my favorite Disney originals is not on the service......

The Garbage Picking, Field Goal Kicking, Philadelphia Phenomenon..... Starring Tony Danza.

😁

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
TSH2pb5l.jpg

1. At least they finally updated the big banner at the top of the main page.
2. Still hasn't done the same for their other originals that scroll through that banner.
3. Doesn't indicate it on any of the thumbnails in any section.
4. Doesn't bump those shows to the top of the watch list indicating new episodes are available.
5. I've already made all these suggestions and so should everyone else.

gkryhewy

Oct 29, 2017
Having a weird issue with HDR playback. I have two of the exact same Sony TV in our house, both with great connections to our google Wifi mesh network. One gets 4K/HDR with Disney+ every time, and one cant seem to trigger HDR at all- and often seems to start playback at low resolution, suggesting there's a bitrate issue even though connection is great. No issues with Netflix 4K/HDR. Anyone experiencing anything similar? I've already tried clearing cache, deleting/reinstalling app, moving google mesh access point, etc.

Is Disney having issues with Dolby Vision/HDR? I can't seem to get movies or shows I watch to stream in 4k. Dolby Vision worked fine for me on Wednesday when I watched Mandalorian and now I'm trying to watch the 2nd episode and it wants to stream in regular HD. Tried a few other movies and shows and same results. Switched over to the Netflix app and loaded up some Dolby Vision content and it works great so I know it's not the TV. Anyone else having this issue?

Okay, so maybe not just me! What's weird is that the other TV gets HDR at the same time on the same content. Have tried muppets Christmas Carol so it's not just a demand issue with mandalorian 🤣

EDIT: well, now I'm not getting HDR on either set. Maybe they were on different app versions before.

Last edited:

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The Disney + app on my Samsung 7series is wonky.....if I watch a episode and turn it off in the middle, it doesn't resume when ever I go back to the episode, it restarts all over again T_T annoying as fuck..not to mention when I watched mandolarian Last night, it paused twice and wouldn't resume playing until I turned the app off.....

Funny enough the PS4 app doesn't do this but I have a base PS4 does hdr, but I don't think it can output at 4k :/

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I'm kind of glad I got this for free, because this app pretty much sucks. I love so much of the content on here, but the actual app is garbage level. You can't even remember which episode of a show I'm on? Get fucked.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
I keep getting app updates on several devices but all the same problems still exist. This really feels like it should have been a beta, not a trial, because as far as trials go this had the opposite effect on me than what I believe it is they wanted. I went from excited for the service to not really giving a shit about it. Part of that obviously comes down to the lack of interesting new content but a lot of it has to do with what a clusterfuck of a launch this has been. I can't even use the PS4 app because it never hits 1080p and more often than not the video freezes and audio continues playing. Contrasted with Apple TV, a service I thought I'd hate, Apple TV has been amazing. Best video/audio quality of any service bar none. It also helps that I'm enjoying their shows. It's also funny that I need the Apple TV app to make the Disney Plus app remotely useful because it actually keeps track of where I am in a series on Disney Plus.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
so buffering seems to be an issue for me on a case by case basis. i was trying to watch A Goofy Movie last night and it was constantly stopping to buffer. then i put on Mando and not a single hitch.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to know all the differences between streaming platforms.

Fire TV 4k: 4k/hdr, but no Atmos
Xbox one x: 4k/hdr, but no Atmos
Roku ultra: regular HD, with Atmos

Haven't tried PS4 pro yet.
Found out why Roku wasn't displaying at 4k/hdr for me. Disney+ only displays 4k/hdr if your Roku display settings are at "4K HDR at 60Hz". Mine was at 4K HDR at 30Hz, which worked fine for 4k/hdr on Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, etc., but Disney+ needs 60Hz. I switched to an input that provides 60Hz on my receiver and now see everything in 4k/HDR/Atmos.

Maybe this has already been covered, but if not hopefully it can help someone in a similar position.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Found out why Roku wasn't displaying at 4k/hdr for me. Disney+ only displays 4k/hdr if your Roku display settings are at "4K HDR at 60Hz". Mine was at 4K HDR at 30Hz, which worked fine for 4k/hdr on Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, etc., but Disney+ needs 60Hz. I switched to an input that provides 60Hz on my receiver and now see everything in 4k/HDR/Atmos.

Maybe this has already been covered, but if not hopefully it can help someone in a similar position.
Yeah I think this is most TVs. Only half the HDMI ports will support HDR. You can usually tell by looking at menu settings and HDMI 2 options are locked out if you're using a 4k30hz port.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Watching Fantasia, they edited the science theory of human evolution from the narrators dialogue. They literally just show him being fast forwarded lol

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had an issue with content playing in the incorrect language? Mandalorian Ep 2 plays in German (I believe) on my Roku, with no way to change it. If I try it through the website, it's in English. The same thing happened with Pixar in Real Life, but all other content I've tried has been in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.