• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Some movies are not able to be streamed to my Chromecast. So far it happened with The Princess Diaries and The Mighty Ducks. I can make a connection and it loads up the movie, but immediately stops and gives an error screen, but no error codes.

So far they are the only two movies with this problem. Anyone else with a similar experience or a fix?

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Checked the threadmarks but didn't see it mentioned: why does Plus make everything so hard to find? Searched for Donald Duck and half the cartoons it pulled up were Mickey Mouse. I can't find a way to find a big list of their cartoons/shorts, kind of frustrating.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Some movies are not able to be streamed to my Chromecast. So far it happened with The Princess Diaries and The Mighty Ducks. I can make a connection and it loads up the movie, but immediately stops and gives an error screen, but no error codes.

So far they are the only two movies with this problem. Anyone else with a similar experience or a fix?

That is because while the profiles are there, it is just a place holder

cb940603cd693b493cfc626c31efb06b14ba297f.png

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
That is because while the profiles are there, it is just a place holder

cb940603cd693b493cfc626c31efb06b14ba297f.png
Ah, in the Netherlands they are already available and I can watch them both when not casting. It might be related to the issue though.

EDIT: In fact, I actually can cast it on an older model Chromecast I have connected to a different tv, which confuses me. It's not a big deal, but it's weird that there's not even an error code provided.

Ravijn

Oct 29, 2017
Is Disney having issues with Dolby Vision/HDR? I can't seem to get movies or shows I watch to stream in 4k. Dolby Vision worked fine for me on Wednesday when I watched Mandalorian and now I'm trying to watch the 2nd episode and it wants to stream in regular HD. Tried a few other movies and shows and same results. Switched over to the Netflix app and loaded up some Dolby Vision content and it works great so I know it's not the TV. Anyone else having this issue?

I have an issue with the LG Disney+ app. It wants to stream in Dolby Vision but it stops about 10 seconds into the stream. If I play it on my Shield it works fine but I only get HDR10. I think it's a problem with the WebOS app for me because all of the Dolby Vision shows work fine on Netflix.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did Darkwing Duck have an episode where one of the characters made a pact with fucking SATAN, or am I misremembering things? Because I can't find it on D+.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So I got 4k and HDR to work on Disney+ on my Roku.

I manually set it to 4k HDR 60hz in the Roku settings, changed HDR to 4:2:2 and turned off auto refresh. Now Disney+ is showing 4k and HDR.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if Disney would ever put this movie on Disney +?

Island_at_the_top_of_the_world_movie_poster.jpg

I don't think I've heard ANYONE talk, much less mention this movie anywhere.

It's directed by the guy who did Mary Poppins, it was written by Joss Whedon's grandfather, and it has freakin Mako in it.

It also has my Dad in it back when he was in his 20s and he was working as an extra/stand in for a few films (in this case, it was for the vikings).

I know it didn't get the best reviews, but seriously wanna see it!

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Encore! Is a good show my entire family loves. My daughter is a huge musical fan so this is right up her alley.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The Sheriff with a shaved head who refuses to shave his head in Encore is ridiculous. But when he gets on the phone to speak to his wife...I get it. He has never processed that before.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
My biggest gripe with Disney+ is the inconsistent aspect ratios. The Simpsons, Goof Troop, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers are all supposed to be in 4:3 and are instead blown up and cropped in 16:9. Why do people do this? It's so sad.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The second episode of The World Accoridng to Jeff Goldblum (Ice Cream) is PHENOMENAL. Much better than that silly sneaker episode.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest gripe with Disney+ is the inconsistent aspect ratios. The Simpsons, Goof Troop, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers are all supposed to be in 4:3 and are instead blown up and cropped in 16:9. Why do people do this? It's so sad.

And then they have shows in desperate need of some 4K love, like Book of Pooh

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
I get such bad lag on the 4K shows, last night the kids couldn't even watch Aladdin because it skipped so much.

But HD shows play fine (kids are watching LEGO Star Wars right now with zero audio lag or skipping).

LG tv with Disney+ app...plugged directly into the router.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Anyone know if Disney would ever put this movie on Disney +?

Island_at_the_top_of_the_world_movie_poster.jpg

I don't think I've heard ANYONE talk, much less mention this movie anywhere.

It's directed by the guy who did Mary Poppins, it was written by Joss Whedon's grandfather, and it has freakin Mako in it.

It also has my Dad in it back when he was in his 20s and he was working as an extra/stand in for a few films (in this case, it was for the vikings).

I know it didn't get the best reviews, but seriously wanna see it!
Yeah, you're right, I've NEVER heard of this! I want to see it now though.

Ravijn

Oct 29, 2017
I get such bad lag on the 4K shows, last night the kids couldn't even watch Aladdin because it skipped so much.

But HD shows play fine (kids are watching LEGO Star Wars right now with zero audio lag or skipping).

LG tv with Disney+ app...plugged directly into the router.

Pretty much the same issue here. I think it's the LG app because it works fine on my Nvidia Shield.
The funny thing is the tv is wired to the router and the Shield is connected to the 5ghz Wi-Fi.

Hopefully they will patch the app soon.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I have my language set to english, but whenever I start up a new episode of the Mandalorian, it likes to default to german or something. Restarting the espisode usually fixes it, but anyone else get something weird like that?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Why does Shego keep getting her ass handed to her by a high school student? She has superpowers bruh. This shit is just embarrassing you're a grown ass woman and you have yet to beat this teenage girl

Status
Not open for further replies.