• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So when you guys talked about Continue Watching, did you mean the rows of videos at the start of the app? I guess I was thinking of when you turn on a show and it let you know what episode was next. Anyways, I do wish there was a "smart" feature with it, like on Amazon. Credits rolling? K it's done. Looks like I turned off Mandalorian right at the credit start, so it's on my "Continue Watching", due to 5 mins left of pure credits :x

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So when you guys talked about Continue Watching, did you mean the rows of videos at the start of the app? I guess I was thinking of when you turn on a show and it let you know what episode was next. Anyways, I do wish there was a "smart" feature with it, like on Amazon. Credits rolling? K it's done. Looks like I turned off Mandalorian right at the credit start, so it's on my "Continue Watching", due to 5 mins left of pure credits :x
"Continue Watching" like, if you start a series and don't finish it, it shows up in a carousel so you can easily find it next time you launch the app.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
"Continue Watching" like, if you start a series and don't finish it, it shows up in a carousel so you can easily find it next time you launch the app.
I logged in tonight and it was finally there. I wish there was a way to remove shows from it though. There's so much bad stuff that we watched a few mins of that we never want to see again

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
So, between my PS4, my LG tv and my chromecast, none of them support 4K? I only noticed last week that 4k content was labeled HD on my apps. Guess I just gotta wait for the apps to get updated?

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I love Disney+ so far. The Imagineering Story is incredible as far as their Originals to me.

But I do have a question...

There are actually 3 major Star Wars projects called Star Wars: The Clone Wars. A 2003 animated miniseries. A 2008 Theatrical CGI film. And a later 2008 CGI TV show.

It seems that all of the Clone Wars content was produced by Lucasfilm and Warner Bros. (or with Cartoon Network, owned by Warner Bros.). But when the 2008 CGI series was cancelled by Cartoon Network, it was picked up by Netflix. Netflix produced one season and cancelled the show. Then, it was announced Disney+ would revive it for one last season in February 2020.

Now, strangely Disney seems to hold the streaming rights to the 2008 theatrical CGI film from Warner Bros. and Lucasfilm, and the 2008 CGI series, which is removed from Netflix. It's quite unusual for Netflix to let their series go once they've acquired them, but alas that has happened. So that's neat.

But the 2003 animated Clone Wars from Cartoon Network is not there. So now I wonder... will that go on Warner Bros.' HBO Max next year or is Disney working on getting the rights to stream it?

Also notably absent from Disney+ are The Last Jedi and Solo, which are still held by Netflix for now.
Netflix didn't produce Season 6, they just had primary distribution rights for it in the US, that were likely tied directly to their streaming rights of the first 5 seasons. Functionally they were just the first run "network" and the rights have since expired or been bought out (likely the latter).

Clone Wars 2003 is likely not on Disney+ for the same reason Droids, Ewoks, The Ewok Adventure, Battle for Endor, and the Holiday Special (all of which Disney wholly owns) aren't - they're non-canon Legacy entries. They may all eventually be added down the line and specifically branded under the Legacy line, like the old books and comics, but right now they're focusing on canon works and the regular Lego spin-off specials. Probably to not dilute the brand.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I watched a documentary from 2010, something called, Waking sleeping beauty. Talked about the resurgence of Disney animation between 1984-1994. I love the behind look of this time and the animators.

Interesting seeing a young tim burton doing good work there (I'm assuming its the same tim burton?)

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I watched a documentary from 2010, something called, awakening the sleeping beauty. Talked about the resurgence of Disney animation between 1984-1994. I love the behind look of this time and the animators.

Interesting seeing a young tim burton doing good work there (I'm assuming its the same tim burton?)
Yes, Burton had a stint as Disney artist/animator early in his career.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Visiting some family over the next few days and they only have a gen 2 Apple TV, Xfinity X1 and that's it. Is there any hope that I can push Disney+ streaming on my iPhone to that old ATV? I've heard mixed reports on it being feasible.

Nov 11, 2017
For those who didn't seem to like the HDR presentation in Mandalorian, looks like there was good reason.
It never goes above 200 nits. How is that possible for a brand new production?

This is likely due to the brightness limitations of the Unreal software and LED screens that were used in place of green/blue screens. I think they graded it to be consistent lower range to match these shots, rather than have it jump around.

The technology is improving though... season 2 already is using newer tech. Hopefully we'll see an improvement.

source: many friends working on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I was watching tron, and there is a scene in the movie, where the bad program's main command center is, and there is a pac-man going to town on the screen lol

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Been watching the 90s X-Men cartoon. Animation is dated as hell but I'm still enjoying it again. Reminds me of how hot I thought Rogue was when I was 8.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
As you may assume from the pic, I was taking care of my nieces (3 and 6) for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. lol

3jrAWFnl.png

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I know mostly nothing about this service but it looks like it have some good stuff. Do anyone know if the lineup will be the same when it launches in Europe/France?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I know mostly nothing about this service but it looks like it have some good stuff. Do anyone know if the lineup will be the same when it launches in Europe/France?
For the most part it'll be the same but there may be content that is on another streamer in your country that will have to wait for that contract to end before showing up on D+. Even between Canada and the US there are some things that Canada has that the US doesn't have yet (Mighty Ducks for example) and vice versa (Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted).

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
For the most part it'll be the same but there may be content that is on another streamer in your country that will have to wait for that contract to end before showing up on D+. Even between Canada and the US there are some things that Canada has that the US doesn't have yet (Mighty Ducks for example) and vice versa (Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted).
Awww, I hate that. I'll check when it releases here then. Thanks!

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017

No wonder I can't find it in Canada after seeing a few posts raving about the show...

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
So, between my PS4, my LG tv and my chromecast, none of them support 4K? I only noticed last week that 4k content was labeled HD on my apps. Guess I just gotta wait for the apps to get updated?

What LG tv do you have? I have an LG OLED E6 and my TV's app supports both 4K and HDR through Disney+.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So with Gravity Falls done, it's time to watch Kim Possible for the first time. At what point during the show do I watch the two animated movies?

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's a lot here that just justifies the whole thing for me and right now it's Disney channel movies. Watched luck if the Irish with a friend of mine and shockingly it holds up, even better then i remembered. Totally a product of its time mind you, holy shit some things don't play the same. But it's a charming little early 2000s movie

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
For those who didn't seem to like the HDR presentation in Mandalorian, looks like there was good reason.
It never goes above 200 nits. How is that possible for a brand new production?

I knew something was up.

They really need to do something about this. Going from my 4k games on my HDR10 set, like Gears 5, to The Mandalorian is literally like night and day. It's rough how dark some of the Disney+ stuff is.

I mean, whites and bright colors on other movies/games literally look like they're coming off the screen..it looks amazing.

I've noticed quite a few Dolby Vision and other HDR10 stuff not delivering. I wonder what Lady & the Tramp is? It looked horribly dark compared to other shows too.

Status
Not open for further replies.