• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else experiencing low volume? I need to turn up the volume to near max on my surround sound to get decent sound when watching movies on Disney+.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda bummed with ANH in 4k because I can now easily make out Vader's eyes behind his red visor glass and it kinda ruins the immersion...

May 31, 2018
I just had time to browse through it today. I am glad I subscribed for sure, but for them not to have the entire Infinity Saga ready to stream on day 1 is wild.

Jul 4, 2018
I just had time to browse through it today. I am glad I subscribed for sure, but for them not to have the entire Infinity Saga ready to stream on day 1 is wild.
To be fair they will likely never have the full infinity saga as Hulk is tied up at Universal and Spider-Man at Sony. In Australia and I believe the Netherlands they have the complete collection of films that they own outright (20 I believe from Iron Man to Endgame) it'll be like that in the rest of the world eventually. Only one that is missing her in NZ is Thor Ragnarok, which sucks as that is my favourite but it'll be there in April.

Jul 4, 2018
How do I change from a monthly sub to a yearly sub through my Google account? I can't figure this out, I don't see an option to change it
If you are on an android phone this seems to be how to do it (from the help page under the subheading change the frequency of your subscription) I'm not signed up through Google Play myself though just thought I'd try help you out anyway
Her is the link with the info below it: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7018481?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en-GB&oco=2
1.On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store Google Play.
2.Check if you're signed in to the correct Google Account.
3.Tap Menu and then Subscriptions.
4.Select the subscription.
5.Tap Manage and then Change subscription.
Note: If you don't see "Change subscription," that app may not have the ability to change your subscription.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Somewhere an executive is looking at the huge numbers for X-Men TAS views on Disney+ and is making decisions to bring in more X-Men content. :)

master15

Nov 28, 2017
Sorry if this question has been answered but I have app on my smart TV (Sony A1E OLED) and I want to check video output is streaming at 4K. Is there any way to verify this? On Netflix I can press 'details' button on my controller and it will show the resolution on top left of screen. The most I can confirm is watching Dolby Vision content as my picture settings default to this but I want to verify what resolution video is streaming.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I seriously need them to get the rights from King Features and stream Popeye with Robin Williams.

I need an early Williams film and I remember that weird movie from my childhood... plus "Hee's laaarge" always makes me giggle.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
cancelling mine after this month. Extremely bare bones and i just did not realize how much of disney movies i've watched and would not want to watch again. I think will subscribe again once they have more content. Netflix is still the gold standard it seems.

EDIT: Oh and F weekly releases. reminds me too much of cable TV which i hate.
EDIT 2: Home alone tho was worth the one month subscription lol

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but the app is absolutely terrible. It keeps forgetting where I left off in movies and then I'm forced to use the absolutely horrendous fast forward function. This gives the Amazon Prime Video app a run for it's money when it comes to being a terrible app. The keyboard is laughably bad as well and the HDR in some content just seems iffy.

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Really bugs me how 'skip intro' doesn't actually skip the whole intro. I want to skip EVERYTHING, not 'everything but the last ~10 seconds'.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I'm sorry but the app is absolutely terrible. It keeps forgetting where I left off in movies and then I'm forced to use the absolutely horrendous fast forward function. This gives the Amazon Prime Video app a run for it's money when it comes to being a terrible app. The keyboard is laughably bad as well and the HDR in some content just seems iffy.
Next to the nearly complete lack of interesting new content outside of the Mandalorian, the terrible apps are why I'm not committing to the service after my trials run out (free trial on android, then iTunes twice, and then PS4 should get me through Mandalorian without paying). The max volume output on all of them is so low that my bluetooth headphone's max volume cant produce a satisfactory volume most of the time. This is easily my least favorite streaming service to date that I've tried.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Next to the nearly complete lack of interesting new content outside of the Mandalorian, the terrible apps are why I'm not committing to the service after my trials run out (free trial on android, then iTunes twice, and then PS4 should get me through Mandalorian without paying). The max volume output on all of them is so low that my bluetooth headphone's max volume cant produce a satisfactory volume most of the time. This is easily my least favorite streaming service to date that I've tried.

Yes, I'm having the same issue with my surround sound system, the volume level is so damn low on Disney+ that I'm almost at max volume on my system to get decent sound. Switching back to Netflix without remembering to turn the volume down is an experience.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Encore kills me every time. If you've ever performed on stage do not pass this gem up.

Jul 5, 2019
Does anyone else dislike how the Continue Watching feature works on the app? There's been so many times where I'll leave a show or movie during the credits, and instead of showing the next episode or removing the movie from the section, it'll stay on there with "1m remaining." I don't usually have this problem on Netflix, where exiting an episode during the credits will always cause Continue Watching to actually display the next episode.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Does anyone else dislike how the Continue Watching feature works on the app? There's been so many times where I'll leave a show or movie during the credits, and instead of showing the next episode or removing the movie from the section, it'll stay on there with "1m remaining." I don't usually have this problem on Netflix, where exiting an episode during the credits will always cause Continue Watching to actually display the next episode.

yeah it's weird. If you don't watch the entire credits, it thinks you haven't finished the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.