• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Does anyone else dislike how the Continue Watching feature works on the app? There's been so many times where I'll leave a show or movie during the credits, and instead of showing the next episode or removing the movie from the section, it'll stay on there with "1m remaining." I don't usually have this problem on Netflix, where exiting an episode during the credits will always cause Continue Watching to actually display the next episode.
I hate that my wife watched 5 mins of High School Musical, hated it, deleted it from the watch list but it's still in Continue Watching and the only way to make it go away was to fast forward to the end of the latest episode. And then it reappeared today when they added a new episode. They had so many examples of how to handle a queue, but still ended up with this app. It's mind boggling.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
HSMTMTS isn't great. I'm not sure if sometimes it wants to be a parody/taking the piss/paying homage/wants to be its own thing. I just don't get it. 4 eps in and I was expecting more music (from the original mainly) but it's just some weird love triangle with some songs thrown in now and again.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I've submitted suggestions to changes I want to see to the service. They may fall on deaf ears but at least they have a chance of being heard.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
HSMTMTS isn't great. I'm not sure if sometimes it wants to be a parody/taking the piss/paying homage/wants to be its own thing. I just don't get it. 4 eps in and I was expecting more music (from the original mainly) but it's just some weird love triangle with some songs thrown in now and again.

It sounds like you just had way different expectations for it. It's really just a drama with HSM the film existing as a background for the theater plot. I think it's pretty dang good for what it is tbh.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I hate that my wife watched 5 mins of High School Musical, hated it, deleted it from the watch list but it's still in Continue Watching and the only way to make it go away was to fast forward to the end of the latest episode. And then it reappeared today when they added a new episode. They had so many examples of how to handle a queue, but still ended up with this app. It's mind boggling.

Yeah I tried to play stuff to the end a few times and they are stuck in there. Honestly, I just use Watchlist more.

Oct 27, 2017
The UI problems are getting tiresome. No excuse for Disney to continue putting out this garbage.

They don't get it fixed soon a lot of those subscriptions are going to lapse and be cancelled. People don't like to put up with below standard shit that is more of a hassle to use than it should be.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I learned something fun about episode listing, which is kinda weird...

It is known that episodes are mostly out of order on shows. Been going through Recess and not only is "Season 3" all out of order, but the second halves of the episodes (20ish min show with 2 eps each) actually come from ANOTHER season! I wonder if it was originally like this, but the animation DID look different... Now THAT is weird!

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if they put Clone Wars in the intended order, and break the seasons into the proper arcs. No need to stay confined to the airing order.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I learned something fun about episode listing, which is kinda weird...

It is known that episodes are mostly out of order on shows. Been going through Recess and not only is "Season 3" all out of order, but the second halves of the episodes (20ish min show with 2 eps each) actually come from ANOTHER season! I wonder if it was originally like this, but the animation DID look different... Now THAT is weird!
I've noticed for some of the disney channel shows the episodes are in airing order, which leads to some episodes being out of order continuity wise. Really strange it was kept.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I just now realized that Encore had a 2017 special on ABC that was the basis for the show. I wonder if the special ever gets put on Disney+

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
sometimes the player would just freeze. i was trying to play Frozen but it just froze and i had to restart the video a few times. this happened to other movies as well. is it a server thing or its the app? (RokuTV)

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Ahhhh so one of the "Walt Disney Presents Disneyland" episodes are on here and my excitement when I found it went through the roof.

It's called "the plausible impossible"
It stars Donald Duck and Walt as they detail the logic behind cartoons. Most importantly the plausible impossible (things like characters being able to run on air until they realize there is no ground and then they fall)
Highly recommend for any classic Disney fans.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Also, I only just realized now that several Disney movies I seen as a kid were not released in the 80's but the 50's and 70's

Like I remember seeing Lady and the Tramp in 1986 in theaters, I had no clue until 2 minutes ago this movie came out in the 50's

Same with the Rescuers, when I saw it in theaters, Mickeys Christmas Carol played before it. In 1983, this was a reissue of a 1970's film. It was also my first ever double feature and I have memories of seeing it even now at 40. Insane.

Deleted member 60992

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I just binge watched Star Wars Rebels over the last few days and just got done with the series.

FUCK THAT LAST EPISODE! I FEEL 14% DUMBER AFTER WATCHING THAT SHIT!

That is all. I hope whoever reads this far has a great rest of your weekend.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was it? The Crytophsis stuff I thought was released how it was due to production timing and other issues.
If you look at the production codes of the episodes (they're all on the wikipedia listings), they're all over the place. Not all episodes in the same arc even had consecutive production codes.

They did do some Crystophis episodes that take place before the pilot movie later in the series, but those weren't even all in season 1. There were other "out of order" prequel/earlier episodes to arcs we had already seen earlier in other seasons as well. Mid-season 3 they decided to just be more consistent and straightforward, which is why every episode from them on is in chronological order anyway... but even then the production numbers are all over the place and they've publicly talked about certain arcs they delayed to air later. There was even an arc in season 6 that was meant to go along with an episode they split into a standalone for an earlier season, but that doesn't mean it goes along with that episode now (they don't even claim it does in the official chronological order).

Anyway, long story short, just watch in release order and don't worry about the other stuff. Yeah you'll get to some episodes that take place earlier chronologically, but there's not too many of these and it's not a big deal when they do. Obviously all of the finished episodes were designed with the release order in mind.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Started Silver Surfer. By episode 2 they had Watcher, Thanos, Ego, Kree, Skrull and Nova make appearances. It's full on trippy cosmic Marvel. Still amazed they got this made.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Having to turn Closed Captioning back on for every single video is a real pain. Do they not have an option to have them on by default?

Oct 25, 2017
The new DuckTales is so good that it made it the old one not enjoyable to watch anymore. I just like so many aspects of the new show better (better Webby, Mrs. Beakley, better Huey/Dewey/Louie, Crackshell, Gearloose), and it's also nice to see more (coded) POC and women, particularly women with agency.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
The new DuckTales is so good that it made it the old one not enjoyable to watch anymore. I just like so many aspects of the new show better (better Webby, Mrs. Beakley, better Huey/Dewey/Louie, Crackshell, Gearloose), and it's also nice to see more (coded) POC and women, particularly women with agency.
Wait until you see the last two episodes. Your mind will be blown.

Does anybody know if you can sort your watch list somehow? Also, is there a clear viewing history option somewhere?

RobotsAnger

Oct 29, 2017
Decided to watch Doug and thought this isn't what I remembered. Didn't know there was a Nick version and Disney version. Disney didn't include the former. Damnit!

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
So according to Reddit, "Never Been Kissed" and "Garfield: A Tale of Two Kittens" have been removed from the U.S. Disney+ without warning.
They were both available on launch day.

In the future, I hope they'll give warnings before they remove content.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That's weird even though it's supposed to be on there mighty med is missing which is weird as Lab rats and Lab rats elite force(which Both shows split off into) are there

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I'm on PS4 and it's driving me crazy not being able to go back and see the episode lists. You have to back out of the show entirely and click details and then the list of episodes appear. All I want to be able to do is hit square and back up, not clicking through multiple pages. I can't believe something so simple is still missing. Also for the love of god add a new release section, it's annoying having to search for what's newly added unless it's a specific title.

December 2019 New Content

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

December 1 - Glory Road
December 1 - Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts
December 1- Garfield: The Movie
December 1- Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron
December 3- One Day At Disney
December 5- Thor: Ragnarok
December 6, 13, 20, 27- One Day At Disney (Shorts)
December 6, 13, 18, 27- The Mandalorian (Episodes 5, 6, 7, 8)
December 6, 13, 20, 27- The World According To Jeff Goldblum (Episodes 5, 6, 7, 8)
December 6- Pixar In Real Life: Finding Dory Aquarium Escape
December 6, 13, 20, 27- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (Episodes 5, 6, 7, 8)
December 6, 13, 20, 27- Encore! (Episodes 5, 6, 7, 8)
December 6, 13, 20, 27- Marvel's Hero Project (Episodes 5, 6, 7, 8)
December 6, 13, 20, 27- Forky Asks A Question (New Shorts)
December 6, 13, 20, 27- Disney Family Sundays (Episodes 5, 6, 7, 8)
December 6, 13- The Imagineering Story (Episodes 5, 6)
December 11 - Alice Through The Looking Glass
December 13- SparkShorts: Wind
December 20 - George of the Jungle 2
December 20, 27- Pick of the Litter (Episodes 1, 2)
December 20 - Togo
December 25- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
December 31- Marvel's Spider-Man

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone seen Legend of Three Caballeros? They only played it once in the Philippines for some reason. Anyway just stumbled upon it and I really like it! It's like Ducktales, but.... with the 3 Caballeros. Very strong continuity and they have all sorts of adventures. For example, at one point they fly to the moon in an Egyptian pyramid manned by astro mummies.

I haven't seen modern Ducktales, but this is like old Ducktales/Darkwing Duck in a sense.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Ducktales randomly has Suomi as the only other option than english for subtitles for exactly one episode, episode 11.

Just a mildly curious fact from manually enabling subtitles every single episode.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Yup yup. I went back and watched the original after watching the new show and while the old show has its place, the new show just...does everything better.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cancel Culture should come for Mickey Mouse. I put on Steamboat Willy for my kids to show how far cartoons have come and I didn't expect Mickey to straight up abuse animals.

This app is amazing otherwise, I've been gorging since my first login this morning.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm going to give the trial a shot, but aside from Gargoyles, what other movie or television series should I check out?

For clarification, I have little interest with the Star Wars movies, and I'm good for the Marvel stuff. I'm much more interested to see what obscure or underrated animated movie/television series on the service is worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.