• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
For someone without kids old enough to watch TV, the price isn't the bargain you think it is. Apple released a service with no backlog, but for 2 dollars cheaper than D+, they already have 5 more shows than D+ that I'm interested in, and they're introducing at least one more new one per month the rest of the year. Most of Disney's adult shows will never see the service as they go right to Hulu, which is also cheaper than D+. Sorry, but D+ to many of us is a horrible service for any price due to the lack of interesting new content.
I save a couple dollars getting them bundled, so I'm not sure why you're trying to make this a cost-cutting contest. And sheesh, wish I had all the time in the world so I could turn their nose up at legacy content like you. I swear my Uncle is the polar opposite he only watches old stuff he's familiar with and turns his nose up to most anything "new".

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I save a couple dollars getting them bundled, so I'm not sure why you're trying to make this a cost-cutting contest. And sheesh, wish I had all the time in the world so I could turn their nose up at legacy content like you. I swear my Uncle is the polar opposite he only watches old stuff he's familiar with and turns his nose up to most anything "new".
There's a limited amount of time to watch TV so when I do watch something I prefer it be something new and interesting, which Disney has very little of currently. Their service one day may be really good, but that won't be until they have a constant stream of new exclusive shows like Netflix and HBO. As far as cost is concerned, I brought that up in response to the person who was telling me what a bargain D+ is compared to Netflix at double the price (it isn't imo).

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
There's a limited amount of time to watch TV so when I do watch something I prefer it be something new and interesting, which Disney has very little of currently. Their service one day may be really good, but that won't be until they have a constant stream of new exclusive shows like Netflix and HBO. As far as cost is concerned, I brought that up in response to the person who was telling me what a bargain D+ is compared to Netflix at double the price (it isn't imo).
I still argue it is in a general package sense. I mean if you want to argue SOLELY for NEW content then sure. But people like you are in the minority. There's plenty of people who like having good stuff to watch, new stuff and old.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
For someone without kids old enough to watch TV, the price isn't the bargain you think it is. Apple released a service with no backlog, but for 2 dollars cheaper than D+, they already have 5 more shows than D+ that I'm interested in, and they're introducing at least one more new one per month the rest of the year. Most of Disney's adult shows will never see the service as they go right to Hulu, which is also cheaper than D+. Sorry, but D+ to many of us is a horrible service for any price due to the lack of interesting new content.

It's almost as if a streaming service without a backlog has to produce way more shows in order to make it worth people's while to subscribe...

Also, if you're comparing Apple's resources, to Disney's, that's just funny. (Apple makes more in a quarter than Disney makes all year)

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

I don't know what to tell you if you aren't interested in the Disney+ backlog. That's the main draw, it always has been, at least with this initial launch.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Really surprised they didn't time out their release to have a Marvel show super close to Mando's final episode.

They must have just not had the ability to get the Marvel shows out in time. It'll be REALLY exciting in a year or two when we could very possibly go an entire year where every single week has a new Star Wars or MCU episode airing. If they're all 8ish episodes that's just 6 shows necessary to pull it off.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Runways Season 2 officially on Disney+ now. (It wasn't originally the other day and their social media never mentioned it).

I'm a little bit confused as to why Cloak & Dagger and Agents of SHIELD isn't on the service yet. Cloak & Dagger isn't a streaming exclusive show (and doesn't have anything more adult than Runaways). And Agents of SHIELD is on both Netflix and Hulu, so it's not like the rights are completely locked down to Netflix.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Runways Season 2 officially on Disney+ now. (It wasn't originally the other day and their social media never mentioned it).

I'm a little bit confused as to why Cloak & Dagger and Agents of SHIELD isn't on the service yet. Cloak & Dagger isn't a streaming exclusive show (and doesn't have anything more adult than Runaways). And Agents of SHIELD is on both Netflix and Hulu, so it's not like the rights are completely locked down to Netflix.

Cloak and Dagger, S2 especially, has what is probably a bit too much for Disney+.... SHIELD is probably still a contractual thing.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Cloak and Dagger, S2 especially, has what is probably a bit too much for Disney+.... SHIELD is probably still a contractual thing.

... Oh wait, shoot. You're right. I'm now remembering what you're referring to with S2. Point taken.

I'm curious what the contractual thing is though considering it's on two seperate platforms, but fair enough.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
You sure about that? Couldn't find anything about international distributors.

Either way though, Red Tails was the same as all of the post-ANH Star Wars films - funded by George and fully owned by LFL. Disney owns it all outright now. I don't think there's anything weird about its inclusion either. It's PG-13 and not tied down by licensing deals.

Most, if not all of the lacking Fox films can be explained with: being held for future content, lack of recent masters, existing distribution deals, and R ratings.
Yus

71Jf5DxYx1L._SL1060_.jpg

Lucasfilm may own it all the way, but Momentum put it out in the UK at least.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this was already discussed but does anyone know when Rise of Skywalker will premiere on Disney+?

Well, LA Aladdin's coming to D+ in january 8th, and the lion king on the 28th of jan, so possibly we can extrapolate from there. July 19 to jan 28th. Call it 6 months. So probably in may/june? Endgame was around 6 months, too.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Well, LA Aladdin's coming to D+ in january 8th, and the lion king on the 28th of jan, so possibly we can extrapolate from there. July 19 to jan 28th. Call it 6 months. So probably in may/june? Endgame was around 6 months, too.
Sounds about right. According to what I read from some movie site (obviously not 100% reliable), the Blu-Ray release is about four months off and it's likely streaming two months after that.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Just started Gargoyles. This show is incredible, it's scratching my Batman TAS series itch that I've had for years. Any other good shows on Disney+? I've already seen Gravity falls and it was fire

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Just started Gargoyles. This show is incredible, it's scratching my Batman TAS series itch that I've had for years. Any other good shows on Disney+? I've already seen Gravity falls and it was fire

Such a great show. Take the basic premise of the Ninja Turtles, but with the dark tone of Batman TAS and add the voice cast of Star Trek TNG and you got a formula for success.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Sorry if this was already discussed but does anyone know when Rise of Skywalker will premiere on Disney+?

Yeah, Disney said films will release on Disney+ roughly six months after their theatrical release.

June/July would be roughly six months for Rise of Skywalker. Coincidentally, "Solo: A Star Wars Story" is coming to Disney+ on July 9th, 2020.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
almost done with binge watching Gummi Bears.

also in the latest HSMTMTS they got an actual HSM Cameo.
Lucas Grabeel / Ryan Evans - The musical number was pretty good

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a weird problem that doing a Google search has left me empty handed in finding even someone else experiencing this. When I go to download The Mandalorian episodes to my iPad Pro, it'll work initially but then a day or so later the status of all the eps will change to "Download in progress... 100%" with my only options being Pause Download, Remove Download and Dismiss. I can confirm after the initial download, they do play. I can see they currently take up storage space too. I've tried even deleting the app and reinstalling but the problem still exists. Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

I'm more surprised they didn't pick up the unaired new Warriors with Squirrel girl show, I remember it getting an entire season filmed with them wanting to do a second before it was dropped then not picked up by another network

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more surprised they didn't pick up the unaired new Warriors with Squirrel girl show, I remember it getting an entire season filmed with them wanting to do a second before it was dropped then not picked up by another network

Because that's a Marvel Television show and that division is gone. It's also probably wasn't in a state to officially show to the public.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The one starring Milana Vayntrub? I didn't know they filmed all of them, I thought it was dropped well before that.

Speaking of Milana and Squirrel Girl, are they ever going to do anything else with Secret Warriors or is that it? I don't get doing webisodes and one TV "movie" and doing a doll line, then just dropping it like a rock.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The one starring Milana Vayntrub? I didn't know they filmed all of them, I thought it was dropped well before that.

Speaking of Milana and Squirrel Girl, are they ever going to do anything else with Secret Warriors or is that it? I don't get doing webisodes and one TV "movie" and doing a doll line, then just dropping it like a rock.
They have released movies per se since then. The line is now in a weird spot since Feige is the #2 guy now and Marvel is rumored to revamp their animation stuff.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
They have released movies per se since then. The line is now in a weird spot since Feige is the #2 guy now and Marvel is rumored to revamp their animation stuff.

Oh I didn't realize there was more than one Secret Warriors movie, I thought there was the webisodes with Spider Gwen, sorry, Ghost Spider, and the one movie without her where they officially formed.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Ducktales remake is better than it has any right to be.
i really like the show but della made launchpad kinda irrelevant. there's almost no reason for him to be piloting the ship when she's there and she has more reasons to be around as well. wonder how they will insert launchpad in future seasons or if they will make him only make appearances once in a while.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
i really like the show but della made launchpad kinda irrelevant. there's almost no reason for him to be piloting the ship when she's there and she has more reasons to be around as well. wonder how they will insert launchpad in future seasons or if they will make him only make appearances once in a while.
Well they are setting up Darkwing for a spinoff basically

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I get emails every day about my account being locked and I need to change my password. However the account is NOT locked. Any way to stop these? Or why I am getting these every single day?

Status
Not open for further replies.